New Blu-ray/DVD Releases

Started by horrorhunter, July 23, 2016, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Shout Factory is currently having a sale of all their Roger Corman titles.

Save up to 43% off list price on every Roger Corman title in our catalog, plus get free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50.

But don't wait! This offer ends April 8 at 10am (PT)

Just letting you know.
ADAM

Mike...In 3-D!

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 05, 2019, 04:12:20 PM
Warner Bros. has that one.

You're right. I can't believe I didn't realize that. I take full responsibility and accept my demerits.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 05, 2019, 04:59:09 PM
I have a hard time getting too awfully excited when I already have a film on dvd when a blu announcement is made.

I know what you mean. Some of these DVDs I've only played a couple of times and now they want me to buy it again!  :P
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Heads Up:

Amazon lists the Scream Factory TARANTULA Blu-Ray as being available April 30.

I pre-ordered from Scream and they just sent me an e-mail that it has shipped!
ADAM

Memphremagog

Coming from Shout Factory on July 16:

Available in Blu ray and dvd format. Extras announced at a later date.
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Memphremagog

Coming soon on Blu Ray from Severin Films:

DARK SHADOWS:

Monsters For Sale

They Might Be Giants - BLU-Ray - Kino Lorber - Scheduled Release Date:  June 11, 2019

George C. Scott, Joanne Woodward, Jack Gilford, Al Lewis, Rue McClanahan, Kitty Winn, F. Murray Abraham and M. Emmet Walsh.

Psychiatric patient who says he is Sherlock Holmes, seduces everyone he meets into joining in his midnight venture - even his doctor.

Special Features

1 - Expanded Edition - Featuring additional footage not seen in the original theatrical release*
  2 - Audio Commentary with Director Anthony Harvey and Film Archivist Robert A. Harris
  3 - "Madness... It's Beautiful" - Featurette
  4 - Theatrical Trailer

* The original release length was 98 minutes. Netflix's streaming version and the DVD released in 2000    are 91:15. A version edited for television in 1986 was 96:29. The currently available made-on-demand DVD runs slightly over 87 minutes; none of the home video releases include the full film. The largest missing material is a long sequence near the end that takes place in a grocery store.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

The Uncanny, 1977 - BLU-Ray - Severin Films - Scheduled Release Date:  May 28, 2019

Peter Cushing, Ray Milland, Donald Pleasence, Samantha Eggar, Susan Penhaligon, John Vernon and Alexandra Stewart .

An author visits a book publisher and tries to get his expose about the true evil nature of cats published by telling him 3 true stories about the popular domesticated vermin.

A kind of Amicus-styled trilogy that doesn't scare all that much.  Previous copies have been sub-standard and on the scarce side. THE UNCANNY is now scanned from an inter-negative recently discovered in a London vault.

SPECIAL FEATURES:

1.  The Cat's Victim: Interview with Actress Susan Penhaligon.
2.  Trailer.

The kind of film that puts me in the mood to re-watch Pet Sematary and Re-Animator...  heh, heh, heh.
ADAM

LugosiFan25

Quote from: Memphremagog on April 17, 2019, 10:54:17 PM
Coming soon on Blu Ray from Severin Films:

Is this the Al Adamson Dracula vs Frankenstein or the Paul Naschy Dracula vs Frankenstein?
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: LugosiFan25 on April 24, 2019, 01:58:41 PM
Is this the Al Adamson Dracula vs Frankenstein or the Paul Naschy Dracula vs Frankenstein?

The art says "Independent-International Pictures".  Isn't that the 1971 Adamson movie?
ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 24, 2019, 03:32:19 PM
The art says "Independent-International Pictures".  Isn't that the 1971 Adamson movie?

Yes.🎃
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

LugosiFan25

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 24, 2019, 03:32:19 PM

Oh okay. I thought that already had gotten a blu release. Oh well, I missed that first one so I'll pick this one up.
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Memphremagog

Coming from Mill Creek on July 9th:

Includes both original Japanese version and American release. Special features include commentary and trailers..
DARK SHADOWS:

marsattacks666

Quote from: Memphremagog on April 26, 2019, 07:57:09 PM
Coming from Mill Creek on July 9th:

Includes both original Japanese version and American release. Special features include commentary and trailers..

Mill Creek has the goods on their bluray releases