Author Topic: New Blu-ray/DVD Releases  (Read 20298 times)

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
Re: New Blu-ray/DVD Releases
« Reply #390 on: January 11, 2019, 04:08:59 PM »
$55!! Holy crap! The DVD was only 10 bucks! Let me know if you see it for 60% off, anywhere.

No kidding.

At least they will be on 4 discs.
ADAM

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2019, 08:11:57 PM »

These films could easily fit on 2, maybe even 1 disc, without losing any quality.  Maybe Shout just wanted to charge $55 and figured if they included 4 Blurays people could see the price justified?  Blurays only cost around 2 bucks to press but they gotta pay other bills.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #392 on: January 11, 2019, 08:39:46 PM »

Those discs better be full of extras, or I agree with zomb that they are trying to justify the high set price!  :P
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #393 on: January 11, 2019, 09:14:08 PM »
Those discs better be full of extras, or I agree with zomb that they are trying to justify the high set price!  :P

I prefer separate discs.

I like to split them up and file them individually under title.

The price WILL come down.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:39:40 PM by Monsters For Sale »
ADAM

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #394 on: January 11, 2019, 10:37:12 PM »
The price WILL come down.

It'll have to, to get me interested!  And I still want "MURDERS"!
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Jimi Bat

• Private First Class
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2019, 12:01:59 AM »
Shout/ Scream always try to gouge the fans. When they announce a release I want it always feels like I'm being held upside down by the ankles and shaken.

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2019, 12:21:13 AM »
Shout/ Scream always try to gouge the fans. When they announce a release I want it always feels like I'm being held upside down by the ankles and shaken.

Maybe that's how they find it profitable to release these old horror/sci-fi treasures with extras when none of the other labels are willing to put them out in this country.

ADAM

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

• Sergeant
« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2019, 12:10:07 PM »
I don't think Shout Factory/Scream Factory is trying to gouge the fans at all. They're almost the only company out there really putting the work into remastering and releasing these kind of films in the physical format. The stuff they have been putting out has been top notch. It costs money to remaster and do transfers, create artwork and make discs. Plus they nave to pay lisencing fees to the copyright holders. Let's face it, these movies are being released to a very small, niche market that is getting smaller every day. I suspect they wouldn't sell a signifcant number of copies more if they charged $9.99 or $34.99 per titles.

BRICK

• Corporal
« Reply #398 on: January 14, 2019, 07:37:07 AM »
I guess you also have to put it in perspective: Remember when a 10 minute sound/color digest version of a movie in Super-8 would cost between $25-30! And that was 1970's dollars! Also, when they first released a pre-recorded VHS tape in the 1980's, it would cost around $90!
When times are dark, donít consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.