New Blu-ray/DVD Releases

Started by horrorhunter, July 23, 2016, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capoetc

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 20, 2018, 02:13:33 PM

Invasion of the Body Snatchers, 1956 - BLU-Ray - Olive Films - Scheduled Release Date:  October 16, 2018

Okay.  Everybody here know who stars and what this is all about - it's sure been remade enough times

Here's the good news:  This is an Olive Films Signature Series release.  That means, unlike a routine Olive Films release, it is loaded with bonus material.

.... Another great video release scheduled on my birthday.  I saw this as a new theatrical release when I was 10 and have loved it ever since.

Nice find! That one will definitely be a must buy for me.
"Sometimes I have wondered whether life wouldn't be much more amusing if we were all devils, no nonsense about angels and being good."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: capoetc on September 22, 2018, 02:42:26 AM
Nice find! [Invasion of the Body Snatchers, 1956] That one will definitely be a must buy for me. 

I'm excited about this one, too.  I'm so glad Olive is releasing this as one of their Signature series discs with all the extras.

Normally, Olive releases are bare bones affairs.
ADAM

Lunkenstein

Glad I never got around to the previous BODY SNATCHERS releases. This sure looks like the one to get.
Paul

Monsters For Sale

Mangler, The, 1995 - BLU-Ray - Shout Factory - Scheduled Release Date:  December 11, 2018

Documentary safety film about the hazards of operation industrial machinery - sort of.

Written by Stephen King, Directed by Tobe Hooper and starring Robert Englund.

No extras announced yet.  Shout Factory usually includes several.

"The Mangler" is culled from Stephen King's collection of short stories "Night Shift".  Do yourself a favor and read the book - not just for this story, but for all the stories.  I read this book during the dead periods of my graveyard shift in an all-night gas station.  It was a 2nd full-time job for me, so and my brain was fatigued and very receptive.  Several of the tales are permanently imprinted in my feeble mind.

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Dead Night, 2017 - DVD - Mpi Media - Scheduled Release Date:  September 11, 2018

A family is weekending in a remote Oregon cabin in the dead of winter.  Dad goes out into the snow to search for firewood and finds an unconscious woman.  He brings her back to the cabin.  Stuff occurs.

Stars Barbara Crampton, Brea Grant, AJ Bowen, Sophie Dalah, Elise Luthman, Joshua Hoffman and Daniel Roebuck.

No mention of extras.

I haven't heard anything about this movie, but I love the setup.  I am also intrigued by any film that can garner 41% four- and five-star ratings yet still manages to get 33% 1-star ratings from Amazon reviewers.  I can't wait to see movies that evoke such disparate emotions.  There must be something there.
ADAM

horrorhunter

Anything with Barbara Crampton is worth a peek.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monsters For Sale

Dracula, Prince of Darkness, 1966 - BLU-Ray - Shout Factory - Scheduled Release Date:  December 18, 2018

Although this has been released as a Blu-Ray before, this is billed as a "Collector's Edition" from Shout Factory.  That should mean we'll finally get the extras that earlier editions lack.

Too early for specifics.

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Starman, 1984 - BLU-Ray - Shout Factory - Scheduled Release Date:  December 18, 2018

Although this has been released as a Blu-Ray before, this is billed as a "Collector's Edition" from Shout Factory.  That should mean we'll finally get the extras that earlier editions lack.

Too early for specifics.

I'm looking forward to updating my copy.  (I think Karen Allen looks great in this movie.)
ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 23, 2018, 03:22:09 PM

Dead Night, 2017 - DVD - Mpi Media - Scheduled Release Date:  September 11, 2018

A family is weekending in a remote Oregon cabin in the dead of winter.  Dad goes out into the snow to search for firewood and finds an unconscious woman.  He brings her back to the cabin.  Stuff occurs.

Stars Barbara Crampton, Brea Grant, AJ Bowen, Sophie Dalah, Elise Luthman, Joshua Hoffman and Daniel Roebuck.

No mention of extras.

I haven't heard anything about this movie, but I love the setup.  I am also intrigued by any film that can garner 41% four- and five-star ratings yet still manages to get 33% 1-star ratings from Amazon reviewers.  I can't wait to see movies that evoke such disparate emotions.  There must be something there.

This film seems interesting
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Coming October 23rd from SEVERIN FILMS:

THE BLOOD ISLAND COLLECTION on blu ray

http://youtu.be/u7D9se_2i7A
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Memphremagog on September 30, 2018, 04:45:32 PM
Coming October 23rd from SEVERIN FILMS:

THE BLOOD ISLAND COLLECTION on blu ray

http://youtu.be/u7D9se_2i7A

I cannot wait!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 30, 2018, 05:37:26 PM
I cannot wait!!!

You can't wait.  "ONLY 50 AVAILABLE"!

You'd better pre-order, if you still can.
ADAM

Memphremagog

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 30, 2018, 07:34:06 PM
You can't wait.  "ONLY 50 AVAILABLE"!

You'd better pre-order, if you still can.

The main box set numbers 3500 total, so that shouldnt be a problem.
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 30, 2018, 11:00:28 PM
That's for the masks.

Ah...   Never mind.

I new it had to be for the "ultimate" edition or something.

(I still wish Sideshow had partnered with Universal to create another set of Classic Monsters DVD's with three more busts.)

ADAM