New Blu-ray/DVD Releases

Started by horrorhunter, July 23, 2016, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunkenstein

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on January 24, 2018, 09:28:12 PM

Season One scheduled release has been announced for March 27, 2018.

https://tinyurl.com/y84bvrjj

It will be on 8 discs and retail priced at $99.99.   For that much it should have had a ton of extras.  (I'm sure the price will drop a lot between now and March.)

Heads up! I just ordered the set directly from the Kino Lorber website at a reduced price of $64.97.

https://www.kinolorber.com/product/view/id/5058

Paul

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Dr Wolfenstein on January 26, 2018, 06:39:02 PM
Found this on the Lino Lorber Facebook site

Coming March 27th!
Brand New HD Masters!

The Outer Limits (Complete Season 1 - 32 Episodes) with optional English subtitles
• Audio Commentaries by DAVID J. SCHOW (The Outer Limits Companion), TIM LUCAS (Mario Bava: All the Colors of the Dark; Video Watchblog), CRAIG BEAM (My Life in the Glow of the Outer Limits), Dr REBA WISSNER (We Will Control All That You Hear: The Outer Limits & the Aural Imagination), GARY GERANI (Fantastic Television), MICHAEL HYATT (film historian), and STEVE MITCHELL (King Cohen: The Wild World of Filmmaker Larry Cohen)
• 40 Pages Booklet - Featuring an Essay by David J. Schow and episode guide

24 Audio Commentaries
THE GALAXY BEING - Audio Commentary by Film Historian David J. Schow
THE HUNDRED DAYS OF THE DRAGON - Audio Commentary by Film Historian Reba Wissner
THE ARCHITECTS OF FEAR – Audio Commentary by Film Historian Gary Gerani
THE SIXTH FINGER — Audio Commentary by Film Historian David J. Schow
THE MAN WHO WAS NEVER BORN — Audio Commentary by Film Historian Gary Gerani
O.B.I.T — Audio Commentary by Film Historian Craig Beam
CORPUS EARTHLING — Audio Commentary by Film Historian Craig Beam
NIGHTMARE — Audio Commentary by Film Historian David J. Schow
THE ZANTI MISFITS — Track 1: Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
THE ZANTI MISFITS — Track 2: Audio Commentary by Film Historian Gary Gerani & Steve Mitchell
THE MICE — Audio Commentary by Film Historian Reba Wissner
CONTROLLED EXPERIMENT — Audio Commentary by Film Historian Reba Wissner
DON'T OPEN TILL DOOMSDAY — Audio Commentary by Film Historian Reba Wissner
ZZZZZ — Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
THE INVISIBLES — Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
THE BELLERO SHIELD - Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
SPECIMEN UNKNOWN — Audio Commentary by Film Historian Craig Beam
THE MUTANT — Audio Commentary by Film Historian David J. Schow
THE GUESTS - Audio Commentary by Film Historians Craig Beam and David J. Schow
FUN AND GAMES — Audio Commentary by Film Historian David J. Schow
THE SPECIAL ONE – Audio Commentary by Film Historians Gary Cerani and Michael Hyatt
A FEASIBILITY STUDY - Audio Commentary by Film Historian David J. Schow
PRODUCTION AND DECAY OF STRANGE PARTICLES — Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
THE FORMS OF THINGS UNKNOWN — Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas

8 DVD Boxed Set
7 Blu-ray Boxed Set

THANK YOU, DR. WOLFENSTEIN!
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

It's Alive Trilogy - From Shout Factory - Announced Issue Date May 15, 2018

Tremors: A Cold Day In Hell - From Universal - Announced Issue Date May 1, 2018
ADAM

Big Bad Wolf

Arrow Video announced some new titles today. They're releasing a spiffy new edition of The Last House On The Left, as well as new editions of the Kurt Russell film Dark Blue and monster movie Rawhead Rex getting UK only releases, and Death Smiles on a Murderer. However, one new set in particular has me very excited: Toho's trilogy of Japanese gothic horror vampire films, otherwise known as the Bloodthirsty Trilogy!

As far as I know, this is the first time the Bloodthirsty Trilogy has been given a nifty US release. Here are the other films they have announced:

Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...

Monsters For Sale

Colossus: The Forbin Project - Blu-Ray - Shout Factory  -  Released February 27, 2018

This hasn't been out long and I don' recall anyone mentioning it here.

Special features

NEW Interview With Actor Eric Braeden
        NEW Audio Commentary By Author Jeff Bond
        Original Theatrical Trailer
        Radio Spot

Amazon listing:

https://tinyurl.com/ycbn6a3m
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 17, 2018, 04:22:14 PM
This hasn't been out long and I don' recall anyone mentioning it here.

Kinda surprising!

It's on my list. It's my main missing early '70s (pre Star Wars) sci-fi movie.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 17, 2018, 04:40:09 PM
Kinda surprising!

It's on my list. It's my main missing early '70s (pre Star Wars) sci-fi movie.

I remembered that you were looking for an American Blu-Ray release.  I was surprised that a search at the UMA turned up no mentions of this coming out.

New commentary, too!
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 17, 2018, 04:45:35 PM
I remembered that you were looking for an American Blu-Ray release.

I know I've been waiting (years!) for a wide screen release.
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Night of the Lepus - BLU-Ray - Shout Factory - Release Date: June 5, 2018

Great - if you are ascared of bunny rabbits.

Haven't seen any mention of special features, yet.  Probably too early.

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

The Maze - BLU-Ray - 3D - Kino Classics - Release Date: April 24, 2018

This one may not be as well known to some members.  Here is a synopsis:

The Maze is a 1953 atmospheric horror film in 3-D, directed by William Cameron Menzies (Invaders from Mars, Things to Come) and starring Richard Carlson (The Magnetic Monster) as Scotsman Gerald MacTeam (Carlson) who abruptly breaks off his engagement to pretty Kitty Murray (Veronica Hurst) after receiving word of his uncle's death and inheriting a mysterious castle in the Scottish Highlands. Kitty refuses to accept the broken engagement and travels with her aunt (Katherine Emery) to the castle. When they arrive, they discover that Gerald has suddenly aged and his manner has changed significantly. After a series of mysterious events occur in both the castle and the hedge maze outside, they invite a group of friends, including a doctor, to the castle, hoping they can help Gerald with whatever ails him. Menzies was known for his very dimensional style, focusing many shots in layers The Maze was his final film as production designer and director.

Newly Restored in 3-D by 3-D Film Archive from 4K scans by Paramount Pictures Archives.

Special Features:

-Audio Commentary by Film Historians Tom Weaver, Bob Furmanek, Dr. Robert J. Kiss and David Schecter
        -Interview with Star Veronica Hurst
        -Restored three-channel stereophonic sound by Eckhard Büttner
        -Original 3-D Trailer
        -Reversible DVD Case Art
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Curse of the Cat People - BLU-Ray - Shout Factory - Release Date: June 2018

I'm looking forward to this one.  I just love the natural acting of the little girl, Ann Carter - when most juvenile actors were being coached to be "precious" on screen.  I wish she had a longer career and made more movies.

No Special Features listed for this movie, yet.  Probably too soon.

ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 17, 2018, 05:43:25 PM
Night of the Lepus - Haven't seen any mention of special features, yet.

If it had been a WB release, they'd have slapped on a couple of Bugs Bunny cartoons.
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Threads - BLU-Ray - Severin Films - Released:  February 13, 2028

In September of 1983 "The Day After" aired on American TV.  It caused quite a stir at the time.  It was even condemned by a number of churches who urged their flocks not to watch - fearing that it would sap Americans of the will to fight an atomic war with the Russians. 

A year later, in September of 1984, "THREADS" was aired on the BBC and shocked tens of millions of UK viewers.  Four months later, it was broadcast in America and became the most watched basic cable program in history.  Unlike "The Day After", it pulled no punches about the horror of the aftermath.

We finally have it restored on an all-region Blu-Ray for the first time.

SPECIAL FEATURES:

Audio Commentary with Director Mick Jackson, Moderated by Film Writer Kier–La Janisse and Severin Films' David Gregory
          Audition For the Apocalypse: Interview with Actress, Karen Meagher
          Shooting the Annihilation: Interview with Director of Photography, Andrew Dunn
          Destruction Designer: Interview with Production Designer, Christopher Robilliard
          Interview with Film Writer, Stephen Thrower
          US Trailer

One reviewer states that it also has captions - for those of you who find the thick Sheffield accent tough sledding during the opening scene with the couple in the car.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 19, 2018, 06:41:31 AM
Four months later, it was broadcast in America and became the most watched basic cable program in history.

So, why is it I'm just now hearing about this movie? I need answers, people!
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 19, 2018, 01:16:17 PM
So, why is it I'm just now hearing about this movie? I need answers, people!

I think it played just the once on TV here in the States and has been generally unavailable on video - being released only in England.  It was mentioned in an older thread about apocalyptic movies.

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=27296.msg470427#msg470427  -  See Reply No. 31.

I consider it a must for anyone collecting "after the bomb" movies.

ADAM