New Blu-ray/DVD Releases

Started by horrorhunter, July 23, 2016, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

No spooning either, fellas.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 17, 2018, 06:41:41 PM

The Day After - BLU-Ray - Kino Lorber - Announced Release Date:  August 7, 2018

Jason Robards, JoBeth Williams, Steve Guttenberg and John Lithgow.

Against the real-life backdrop of the US deployment of WMDs in Europe during the escalating Cold War, this dramatically involving and agonizingly graphic film about nuclear holocaust detonated a direct hit into the heartland of America, becoming the most watched TV movie of all time.

This controversial, potent drama remains one of the most talked-about programs in history. When Cold War tensions reach the ultimate boiling point, the inhabitants of a small town in Kansas learn – along with the rest of America – that they have less than 30 minutes before 300 Soviet warheads begin to appear overhead! Can anyone survive this ultimate nightmare... or the nuclear winter that is sure to follow?

Special Features:

-Includes both Original 122-Minute TV Cut (1.33:1) and the 127-Minute Theatrical Cut (1.78:1)
-Interview with star JoBeth Williams
-Interview with director Nicholas Meyer
-Audio Commentary by Film Historian Lee Gambin and Comic Artist/Writer Tristan Jones

Wow! This film is a Cult-Classic.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

FrankFan95

I'm glad Universal is going to release the last two Legacy collections and even make the whole box set. I prefer single sets over box sets. Really excited for Creature Legacy Collection even If I own multiple copies of the first film.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 23, 2018, 05:23:15 PM
You coo wi' dat?
Sorry, I don't understand that whole hip-hop jibber jabber. My bad.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on June 24, 2018, 05:29:37 AM
Sorry, I don't understand that whole hip-hop jibber jabber. My bad.

Where's Barbara Billingsley when you need her?

ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 24, 2018, 05:32:34 AM
Where's Barbara Billingsley when you need her?

Mord!  Good one. ;D

MFS....
Haaa-haaaaaaaa! Nice Airplane, reference.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Mr. Destiny, 1990 - BLU-Ray - Kino Lorber - Release scheduled for July 31, 2018

Larry Burrows (Jim Belushi) lives a life of regret and dissatisfaction.  His life took a wrong turn when he failed a task many years before.  Larry meets a strange man (Michael Caine) who gives him a do-over life that brings him everything he had wished for.

This is a very nice fantasy film that plays like a Twilight Zone version of "It's a Wonderful Life".  Even though this smacks of the more travelled road, it actually takes a fresh look at an old premise and performs very well.  I haven't seen this movie in many years, but I remember liking it a lot when I saw it in the theater.

Also stars Linda Hamilton, Rene Russo and Jon Lovitz

Special Feature:

-Audio Commentary with Star James Belushi and Director James Orr
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Brain Dead, 1990 - BLU-Ray - Shout Factory - Scheduled release:  September 11, 2018

Doctors are working to develop a medical apparatus that will extract painful memories and paranoid delusions from the minds of the mentally ill.  What could possibly go wrong?

The narrative swings freely between reality and hallucination - inspired by Richard Matheson? - to keep the viewer uncertain as to what is really going on.

Stars Bill Pullman, Bill Paxton, Bud Cort and George Kennedy.

Don't know about extras or Commentaries, if any.

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Love Me Deadly, 1972 - BLU-Ray - Code Red - Scheduled release:  July 24, 2018

Lindsay (Mary Wilcox, Lepke) has an unusual fascination with the dead, she often finds herself at funerals for people she doesn't even know. Once the mourners have cleared out, she's drawn to the corpse by an unspeakable sexual curiosity. It appears that this obsession with the recently deceased has been brewing within Lindsay for quite some time and might have been something to do with her late father. She makes an attempt at a normal relationship with Lyle Waggoner (TV's Wonder Woman), but is also lured into a corpse-loving cult by a creepy undertaker.

Special Features:

-Brand New 2K Scan of the Original Camera Negative of the Uncut Version
          -Audio Commentary with Producer Buck Edwards
          -Watch the film in "Maria's B Movie Mayhem Mode"
          -Original Theatrical Trailer
          -Reversible Art
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 30, 2018, 08:45:21 PM

Stars Bill Pullman, Bill Paxton, Bud Cort and George Kennedy.

Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton in the same movie!? That must have been confusing!  ;D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

ChristineBCW

A Bud Cort film, too!  Wow... it's a gotta-have now, although I agree - the chance at the Confusing Bills alone would have made me interested. 

Monsters For Sale

In time for Halloween...

Creepshow - (Collector's Edition) - BLU-Ray - Scheduled Realese October 23, 2018

Maybe this "Collector's Edition" will have special features like Commentaries.

Creepshow II has already been released in Blu-Ray with Commentary.  But the only Blu-Ray of Creepshow I was released in 2009 with no extras.  Nine years later, the image might be improved, too.

Let's hope.

ADAM

BRICK

I was going to buy the Creepshow documentary, Just Desserts, separately; but maybe I will wait and see if it shows upon the Blu-ray version.
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: BRICK on July 15, 2018, 07:43:50 PM
I was going to buy the Creepshow documentary, Just Desserts, separately; but maybe I will wait and see if it shows up on the Blu-ray version.

Might be a good idea.  No mention of extras, if any, yet.
ADAM