New Blu-ray/DVD Releases

Started by horrorhunter, July 23, 2016, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

Instead of starting different threads for each new release it seemed like a better idea to have one thread to post all new releases on disc (The other DVD/BD thread is for stuff we've bought, while this one is for new stuff that's available soon).

Scream Factory Announces Massive Title Slate including WILLARD and BEN!

Scream Factory has just announced an amazing new slate of upcoming Blu-ray titles, including ones which readers of this site have been eagerly awaiting for a very long time. The biggest surprises are WILLARD (1971) the rare 1970s rat-revenge film and its sequel BEN (1972), as well as the AIP-released Spanish-made horror classic THE HOUSE THAT SCREAMED (1970). Other upcoming titles include BLACK CHRISTMAS (1974) (Collector's Edition), RABID (1977) (Collector's Edition), POLTERGEIST II (1986) (Collector's Edition), POLTERGEIST III (1988) (Collector's Edition), SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE II (1987) & III (1990) double feature, DREAMSCAPE (1984) (Collector's Edition), DEAD RINGERS (1988) (Collector's Editon), DEAD OF WINTER (1987) and BUBBA HO-TEP (2002) (Collector's Edition). Scream Factory has stated that these titles will start to see release in November.

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/index.htm

I'm excited to see Willard and Ben coming out on BD. I've put off buying them on boots for awhile. Looks like the waiting paid off. Also, The House That Screamed (1970) is a fave for many of us Eurohorror addicts, and it'll be nice to have a fully restored version with extras.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 23, 2016, 05:54:19 AM
Instead of starting different threads for each new release it seemed like a better idea to have one thread to post all new.

Now, if you can just convince everybody else to do it! :laugh:
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 23, 2016, 06:17:07 AM
Now, if you can just convince everybody else to do it! :laugh:
You and I seem to post most of the new releases so if we use it then most of it will be consolidated. Of course you could just move stray posts into it if you decide to.  ;)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 23, 2016, 06:24:42 AM
Of course you could just move stray posts into it if you decide to.

I'll try to do that.
CREATURE FAN

horrorhunter

In an effort to consolidate info into this thread I'm reposting recent items of interest from DVD Drive-In.

Universal To Release "Frankenstein" and "The Wolf Man" Collections on Blu-ray!

Universal has just announced a FRANKENSTEIN: COMPLETE LEGACY COLLECTION and a THE WOLF MAN: COMPLETE LEGACY COLLECTION, both to be released on Blu-ray on September 13. The FRANKENSTEIN set will include FRANKENSTEIN, THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, SON  OF FRANKENSTEIN, THE GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN, FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN, HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN, HOUSE OF DRACULA and ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN. THE WOLF MAN set will include WEREWOLF OF LONDON, THE WOLF MAN, FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN, HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN, HOUSE OF DRACULA, SHE-WOLF OF LONDON and ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN.

Mill Creek Announces Two "Hammer Films Double Features" on Blu-ray!

Mill Creek Entertainment has announced that they will be releasing two "Hammer Films Double Feature" sets on Blu-ray containing Hammer titles from the Columbia Pictures/Sony library. The first set will contain THE TWO FACES OF DR. JEKYLL and THE GORGON and the second set will contain THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN and THE CURSE OF THE MUMMY'S TOMB. Each set will retail for $14.98 and the release date is September 6. In the meantime, dig these terrific covers!

Universal Announces "Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection" on Blu-ray!

Universal Pictures has announced a "Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection" on Blu-ray, and the street date is September 13. The set will include on Disc 1: BRIDES OF DRACULA and CURSE  OF THE WEREWOLF, Disc 2: NIGHT CREATURES and THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, Disc 3: PARANOIAC and KISS OF THE VAMPIRE, Disc 4: NIGHTMARE and THE EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN. All titles will be presented letterboxed in 1080p HD and feature English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 mono tracks, as well as optional English SDH, Spanish and French subtitles.

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/index.htm

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Gory Glenn

Great news about the Universal Legacy sets!

horrorhunter

Quote from: Gory Glenn on July 25, 2016, 04:01:25 PM
Great news about the Universal Legacy sets!
Yes, but I'm playing the waiting game on them and the Hammer bare bones BDs. They will get very inexpensive eventually and since I have the same releases on DVD I'm in no hurry. I do plan to pick them up though... I'm just frugal (or a cheap bastard depending on how you look at it  :laugh:).
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Gory Glenn

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 25, 2016, 06:53:53 PM
Yes, but I'm playing the waiting game on them and the Hammer bare bones BDs. They will get very inexpensive eventually and since I have the same releases on DVD I'm in no hurry. I do plan to pick them up though... I'm just frugal (or a cheap bastard depending on how you look at it  :laugh:).

In all honesty I'm the same way. I'm still waiting for the price to drop on a couple Blu-rays I have my eye on.

Universal Steve

I think it has been out for awhile but I just got Voodoo Man with Bela Lugosi on BluRay.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Memphremagog

Finally available in DVD and blu-ray as of September 13th:

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Memphremagog

Out from Olive Films on Sept. 13th, Horrible Dr.Hitchcock(w/Barbara Steele!)

DARK SHADOWS:

Gory Glenn

Pretty much a must have for me. September 20th release.

Special Features Include:

-2K scan of the inter-positive supervised and approved by director of photography Dean Cundey
-4.1 created from the original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo soundtrack
-Audio Commentary with director of photography Dean Cundey
-Audio Commentary by director John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
-"The Men of Outpost 31:" Interviews with Keith David, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney, and more
-"Assembling and Assimilation:" An interview with editor Todd Ramsay
-"Behind the Chameleon:" Interviews with visual effects artists Peter Kuran and Susan Turner, special make-up effects artist Rob Burman, and Brian Wade and more
-"Sounds from the Cold:" Interviews with supervising sound editor David Lewis Yewdall and special sound effects designer Alan Howarth
-"Between the Lines:" An interview with novelization author Alan Dean Foster
-"John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape:" A documentary on the making of THE THING featuring interviews with John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, special effects make-up designer Rob Bottin, legendary matte artist Albert Whitlock, and members of the cast and crew (80 minutes – SD)
-Outtakes (5 minutes - SD)

-Vintage featurettes from the electronic press kit featuring interviews with John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, and Rob Bottin (12 minutes - SD)
-Vintage featurettes "The Making of a Chilling Tale" and "The Making of THE THING" (1982 – 14 minutes - SD)
-Vintage Product Reel – contains a promotional condensed version of the film with additional footage not in the film (19 minutes - SD)

-Vintage Behind-the-Scenes footage (2 minutes - SD)
-Annotated Production Archive – Production Art and Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (48 minutes - SD)
-Network TV Broadcast version of THE THING (92 minutes - SD)
-Teaser Trailer
-Theatrical Trailers (U.S. and German Trailer)
-TV spots
-Radio Spots
-Still Gallery (behind-the-scenes photos, posters and lobby cards)

Memphremagog

Available now:

Out on Oct.18:

Out on Sept.27th:

Out on Sept.20th:

Out on October 4th:

Out October 18th:

Out on Sept.20th:

Out Oct.4th:

Out Oct.11th:

DARK SHADOWS:

Lazarus

Oh, I knew I should have checked this sooner.  I've never seen The Earth Dies Screaming.  I'll have to chase that down. 

Beware!  The Blob! and Son of Blob are the same movie, right?

Mike Scott

Quote from: Lazarus on December 21, 2016, 09:29:12 PM
Beware!  The Blob! and Son of Blob are the same movie, right?

Correct.
CREATURE FAN