Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monolith

This is a 1960's Japanese Menko card with King Kong and Bobby Bond on it. Sometimes in Japan they portrayed the animated Kong more realistically, like this.

1960's King Kong Menko Card by donald deveau, on Flickr

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on March 09, 2020, 01:17:01 PM
Quote from: Mike Scott on March 09, 2020, 05:41:19 AMI wonder how many monster related ones were made in the '60s - '70s?

These are the other ones of which I'm aware:

If these two count, they then bring the total up to nine:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Buzzybean

Less than two years old and these Ed Repka prints are some of my favorites...

Hepcat

Hepcat

Quote from: horrorhunter on August 19, 2018, 07:41:58 PMAncient Dark God Custom Playset:

Here are some good replacement shots of horrorhunter's custom Ancient Dark Gods Playset:

8)

Hepcat

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 09, 2020, 05:41:19 AMI wonder how many monster related (slide puzzles) were made in the '60s - '70s?

I'm not sure whether these two from my collection of a ghost and a black cat should count or not....

???

horrorhunter

Failed attempt to post pic.  ::)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on April 21, 2020, 11:15:16 PM
Failed attempt to post pic.  ::)

If you had left it, maybe I could have figured out what went wrong.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Quote from: horrorhunter on August 19, 2018, 07:23:46 PMRocketship To Venus Custom Playset:

Here are some good replacement shots of horrorhunter's custom Rocketship to Venus Playset:

8)

horrorhunter

My UniMon bootleg playset-style figures from south-of-the-border:

I love Mexican food and Mexican Bootleg Monster Toys!  8)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

You'll have to give those friendly fellows roles to play in your next Custom playset. Hmmmm, "Transylvanian Terror" perhaps, you know with a castle, a pack of wolves, owls, vultures, townspeople, well stacked femme fatales and monsters galore?

;)

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on April 28, 2020, 06:46:47 PM
You'll have to give those friendly fellows roles to play in your next Custom playset. Hmmmm, "Transylvanian Terror" perhaps, you know with a castle, a pack of wolves, owls, vultures, townspeople, well stacked femme fatales and monsters galore?

;)
I've had plans for that ever since I acquired them a few years ago, but I just haven't found the right castle/haunted house to use in a custom playset. These guys are about 4" tall so they would fit pretty well with Marx Bathing Beauties and Hamilton's Invaders Blue Defenders (since you want the monsters a little taller than victims and "normal people"). They have been on display on the shelf with my Marx UniMons and Palmers since I got them, and they give a nice contrast to those figures. One can never have too much monster eye candy.

Zombie Roll Eyes
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Here are some really good shots I lifted off the net of the Create and Draw Monsters Electric Designers Set that Lakeside released in 1964:

8)

Hepcat

Quote from: horrorhunter on April 28, 2020, 07:05:54 PM

I've had plans for that ever since I acquired them a few years ago, but I just haven't found the right castle/haunted house to use in a custom playset. These guys are about 4" tall so they would fit pretty well with Marx Bathing Beauties and Hamilton's Invaders Blue Defenders (since you want the monsters a little taller than victims and "normal people").

Unfortunately those Universal monster figures wouldn't be big enough to pair up very well with the Marx Campus Cuties:

8)

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on May 03, 2020, 06:53:09 PM
Yes, those Universal monster figures would pair up very well indeed with the Marx Bathing Beauties:

8)

Those are pics of the Marx Campus Cuties.

These are the Marx Bathing Beauties:

The Campus Cuties are around 5" tall and would be too big for the 4" monster figures. The Bathing Beauties are 3" tall and would make good "victim" figures to be menaced by the monsters.  ;)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...