Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Hepcat on October 18, 2019, 01:24:33 PM
If there's anything better than robots, it's making your robots fight! Here from 1964 are the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots designed by Marvin Glass and Associates for Marx:

8)
I love these classic, plastic automatons.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Here are two Famous Monster of Filmland one-shots whose pictures I lifted off the net:

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Very cool! I didn't even know that Warren had published any paperbacks.

8)

Hepcat

By 1964 the burgeoning population of fervid monster kids had made Famous Monsters of Filmland a tremendous sales success on newsstands. Instead of upping the publication schedule from bi-monthly to monthly, Jim Warren elected to launch a companion magazine entitled Monster World published in the months Famous Monsters of Filmland was not. Here are scans of five Monster World issues from my collection:

Hepcat

Mattel released this rad cool Suckerman figure in 1978-79:

I wonder how many windows were broken for the price of only $4.96?

???

Hepcat

Here's a wild cool 1950's vintage Halloween sparkler from the collection of Carbon:

If one pushes the plunger at the handle, then the inside of the litho disc spins and generates sparks.

8)

Hepcat

Here from the collection of Allhallowsday is a Halloween haunted house dating back to the 1970's made by the Belco Lights Corp:

tynhrt

Hepcat

Here's a great Halloween LP from 1974:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8QpjNVZr3Y#

tynhrt

Hepcat

Hepcat

One more LP, this one from 1974:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub1CpU_RiGE#

tynhrt

Hepcat

Here are scans of a few House of Mystery comics featuring Neal Adams covers:

Hepcat

While Rodan might not make my list of the top ten greatest movies of all time, it certainly makes my top twenty. It has everything - plot, characterization, setting, a theme, pathos, a motif, a giant flying monster destroying everything in its path - like I say everything one could ask for in a movie. Here are pics of some of the print material produced to promote the movie:

8)

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."