Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: Barlow on June 20, 2019, 05:06:42 AMThat is so cool! How rare is it? I've never even heard of it before!

Diener figures of all kinds are quite common loose since they were given out as premiums in McDonald's Happy Meals in addition to being sold by Diener both loose and as rack toys through traditional toy channels.

I'm not sure how common or scarce they are in unopened box/new old stock form.

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Here's a magic slate with an evil sorcerer preparing to pull a long-eared hell spawn from his top hat:

cl:)

Hepcat

Here are some pictures of the wild cool Marx Yeti from 1963:

8)

Hepcat

Here are pictures of the gorgeous Remco Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Seaview Submarine Set that Hake's auctioned off in March 2016:

Hepcat

Monsterrific magic slates are tough to find. This Beetlejuice one from 1990 is the best I can manage on short notice:

:)

Hepcat

Here are scans of five more of my Famous Monsters of Filmland issues:

Hepcat

Here are scans of my Halloween-themed Mad magazines:

marsattacks666

Mattel Godzilla( the Godzilla in this photo is not mine. Mine is not available at the moment. All I need is the box)

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monolith

The Mattel Godzilla is a fun toy. Here's my Rodan. I don't have his box, though...

World's Greatest Monsters - Rodan ( Mattel 1979 ) by donald deveau, on Flickr

Hepcat

Cool! Rodan is boss.

8)

Is Rodan part of that same Mattel Shogun Warriors series?

???

Palifan

A couple of fantastic Shogun Warriors on display here, I'd really love one of them but I'm not sure it's going to ever happen. Still, it's nice to see some of there people's collections  :D

Ian

Monolith

Quote from: Hepcat on July 09, 2019, 12:50:14 PM
Cool! Rodan is boss.

8)

Is Rodan part of that same Mattel Shogun Warriors series?

???

People generally consider Mattel's Rodan to be part of the Shogun Warriors line, but actually he's a stand-alone figure. On his box it says he's part of The World's Greatest Monsters series, although Rodan is the only figure in this line that they made. Godzilla is part of the Shogun Warriors line and Rodan is a great companion piece for Mattel's Shogun Godzilla. I wish they did make more World's Greatest Monsters. I would've loved to see a big Mecha Kong or a King Ghidorah, or Mothra.

I don't have the box for my Rodan, but I do have the instructions...

World's Greatest Monsters - Rodan Instructions ( Mattel 1979 ) by donald deveau, on Flickr

Hepcat

Quote from: Monolith on July 10, 2019, 05:50:10 AMGodzilla is part of the Shogun Warriors line and Rodan is a great companion piece for Mattel's Shogun Godzilla.

Which other Shogun Warriors did Mattel make then?

???

Monolith

Quote from: Hepcat on July 10, 2019, 01:58:35 PM
Which other Shogun Warriors did Mattel make then?

???

Mattel's SHOGUN WARRIORS line were actually a bunch of different big robot characters from Japanese cartoons and manga like Mazinger, and Gaiking, and Raideen, that were repackaged and sold in the U.S. In Japan they had many more giant robot characters that weren't remade by Mattel. So, Mattel took a bunch of Japanese toys and put them together and called them SHOGUN WARRIORS. The Japanese kids actually had many more giant robot toys calle jumbo machinders,  that Mattel didn't make in their Shogun line.

Monolith

Here's an image from online showing the five Mattel Shogun Warriors. Godzilla makes the sixth figure in the line...