Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: StyreneDude on January 06, 2019, 07:59:23 PM
Here's a shot of some of my Outer Space Men...

How on earth do you other fellows take such great pics? Expensive cameras, lighting, tripods?

How do you do it? I'm just pleased if I can avoid the flash reflection blotting out part of what I'm trying to photograph.

???

Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on January 05, 2019, 11:06:09 PMAccording to Mel, we got to the moon and *no aliens* created a disillusionment with space fantasy.

True enough. After all our exploration, we've not yet found even the most rudimentary life outside of Earth, let alone any "aliens" or impressive beasties of any sort.

:-\

Hepcat

Quote from: Monolith on January 05, 2019, 03:46:37 AMIn the Colorforms Outer Space Men second series of figures, which didn't make it beyond prototypes, there was a man from Mercury named Inferno.

Here's a carded Inferno from the Four Horsemen series of Outer Space Men:

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 04, 2019, 10:27:47 PMWas there a MAN FROM MERCURY? Seems the only planet not represented, except Earth. (BOB: The Man From Earth)

Here are some pics of Terra Firma, the Earthling from the Four Horsemen series of Outer Space Men:

8)

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on January 09, 2019, 07:11:38 PM
Here are some pics of Terra Firma, the Earthling from the Four Horsemen series of Outer Space Men:

She looks firma!  ;)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Terra Firma may be pricier than some of the other Four Horsemen Outer Space Men. A MOC Four Horsemen Terra Firma fetched $101.00 on Fleabay on December 22nd. Meanwhile a MOC Electron went for "only" $65.00 on January 4th and a MOC Astro-Nautilus commanded $69.99 on January 8th.

Therefore Terra Firma was/is either:

1. Produced in more limited quantities.
2. More often freed from her packaging for the play value provided by her action figure.
3. Simply in higher demand these days for whatever arcane reason.

:-\

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on January 10, 2019, 02:55:25 PM
1. Produced in more limited quantities.
2. More often freed from her packaging for the play value provided by her action figure.
3. Simply in higher demand these days for whatever arcane reason.

4. Just one of those freaky eBay things.
CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

Quote from: Monolith on January 01, 2019, 10:15:14 PMHere's a photo of my Colorforms Outer Space Men.

Colorforms Outer Space Men (1968) by donald deveau, on Flickr

The Colorforms Outer Space Men stand out beautifully against a black background. Black really makes the colours pop. Here are some more examples of such pics I lifted off the net:

8)

Hepcat

Warren published this fabulous one-shot magazine in 1964:

The movie though had been released eight years earlier in 1956:

Further evidence that great classics endure!

8)

Pity though that Aurora never got around to producing a Mole Man kit.

:(

Hepcat

Another cool bagatelle Marx issued was this Prehistoric Pinball Game in both item specific and then some years later generic packaging:

8)

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

The Batman

Hepcat

Here are some excellent shots of the wild and crazy Weird-ohs Helmet that Ideal came out with in 1964:

Ideal for either schoolyard or office wear!

8)

Hepcat

The Kenner Toy Company released several sets of these wild monsterrific Glow-Globs in 1967:

As such the Glow-Globs seemed to be simply an application of the glow-in-the-dark technology that had in 1967 taken the world by a storm to Kenner's Gloppy modeling compound:

cl:)

marsattacks666

Quote from: Hepcat on January 17, 2019, 04:51:45 PM
The Kenner Toy Company released several sets of these wild monsterrific Glow-Globs in 1967:

As such the Glow-Globs seemed to be simply an application of the glow-in-the-dark technology that had in 1967 taken the world by a storm to Kenner's Gloppy modeling compound:

cl:)

Super neato.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."