Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

"Thing" question. Was there a "Thing" in any of the Addams cartoons, before the TV show?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Wolfman

Quote from: Hepcat on April 12, 2018, 02:02:02 PM
Here from the UMA Media Section:

cl:)
I have this, along with The Addams Family board game from the 60's. No Uncle Fester light bulb however.

JP

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 12, 2018, 02:19:11 PM
"Thing" question. Was there a "Thing" in any of the Addams cartoons, before the TV show?
Yes.  Thing first appeared in the 1950s cartoons.  I think the original Thing was not a disembodied hand, but an unseen horror which had a human hand, the only part of it tolerable to look at. 
If you want to view Paradise, simply look around and view it.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Allhallowsday on April 16, 2018, 03:33:23 PM
Yes.  Thing first appeared in the 1950s cartoons.

Thanks! I couldn't remember if I'd seen him in any of the old cartoons. Maybe it was Cousin "It" who first appeared in the TV show?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 16, 2018, 05:23:11 PM
Thanks! I couldn't remember if I'd seen him in any of the old cartoons. Maybe it was Cousin "It" who first appeared in the TV show?
That is correct.  "Itt".

Hepcat

MPC in the mid-sixties released a fabulous set of Daffy Daddy-Ohs to compete with the Marx Nutty Mads:

8)

Hepcat

Here are scans of my four earliest issues of Famous Monsters of Filmland:

Allhallowsday

Hepcat

The Mad Mad Mad Scientist Laboratory is among the very toughest monster related items from the 1960's to find in Mint-in-Box (new old stock/warehouse find) condition. The set was so over-the-top fabulous that I can't see any kid just putting it on a shelf instead of breaking it open and trying out the various experiments.

:(

Hepcat

Here are some more pics of the now fabled MPC Horrorscope which was hawked for years in the pages of Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine:

Haunted hearse

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 12, 2018, 02:19:11 PM
There was a sign "Beware of the Thing" that appeared in the strip, and the phonograph with human hands in one cartoon. There are some who think the figure which peered between balustrades in the staircase in several cartoons may have been the thing. The TV series defined the characters and relationships to each other, and since the TV series debut, Thing is defined as a hand.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Hepcat

Here are a couple of shots of the set of 1960's vintage Green Duck vending machine pins from the collection of Toy Ranch:

tynhrt

Hepcat

Despite no movie appearances, the Shock Monster still occupies a very special place within the hearts of monster kids everywhere. It was magazine and comic ads for a Shock Monster mask back in the 1960's that made the Shock Monster's handsome visage among the most iconic in all of monsterdom:

Here are some great pictures of the Collegeville Shock Monster costume:

NOTE:

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on October 23, 2020, 04:29:10 AM
Are you unaware that this is a fantasty creation and that there is no mass produced Shock Monster children's Halloween costume?

Evidently the "Collegeville" Shock Monster costume and box pictured above were not actually part of Collegeville's product line. They were a one-off fan creation.

:-[

Hepcat

The Philadelphia Chewing Gum Company released bright pink bordered Dark Shadows trading cards in 1968 and then lime green bordered ones in 1969. Here are scans of mine:

The Philly Gum Co. also issued Quentin Postcards in 1969. Here are scans of two from my set: