Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovemesomemonsters

This is one grail I have never owned, or even seen one live and up-close. On the old bucket list, but they are so cost prohibitive!

Great pix!!!

Quote from: Hepcat on May 03, 2017, 08:45:15 PM
Here are some great shots of Raycastile's Renzi Monstermobile:

cl:)

Sean

Quote from: lovemesomemonsters on December 10, 2017, 04:42:21 AM
This is one grail I have never owned, or even seen one live and up-close. On the old bucket list, but they are so cost prohibitive!

Great pix!!!

Alright.  Frank is driving.  The Wolfman is in the backseat with what looks like the Devil in a smoking jacket???  Who is riding shotgun?

Monolith

I love the Renzi monster mobile. I don't have one, though.

I do have one of these, though. My older brother bought it in the '60's. Sometime in the later '60's he gave it to me and I've had it ever since. It's what made me want to collect more monster things...

Frankenstein Speaker Head ( Actwell Plastics 1964 ) by donald deveau, on Flickr

Hepcat

It was this issue of Monster Times that helped make me a big fan of Christopher Lee's Hammer Studios Dracula flicks:

I'd only seen Horror of Dracula and Scars of Dracula to that point. For reasons I can no longer recall though, I clipped the Christopher Lee picture from the cover at the time. Bummer. It would be a really nice copy otherwise.

:(
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on December 15, 2017, 04:02:28 PM
For reasons I can no longer recall though, I clipped the Christopher Lee picture from the cover at the time.

Wallet photo?  ;D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Here are the Funko figures based on the characters from the classic 1967 flick Mad Monster Party:

Frankenstein - Dracula - Werewolf - Zombie Bellhop

Yetch - Mr. Hyde - Francesca - Skeleton Band Member

Frank Frazetta's artwork adorned some of the movie posters when Mad Monster Party was first released for theatrical distribution.

Evidently it was the inimitable Jack Davis who designed all the Mad Monster Party characters.

cl:)

Hepcat

These Space Raiders made by Diener were a very popular toy in McDonald's Happy Meals in the mid to late seventies:

Diener also subsequently marketed the Space Raiders as rack toys in the form of erasers:

8)

Dr Borgo

The life-size Creature Mountain Dew Pitch Black display in the corner. My in-laws owned a grocery store a few years ago and snagged it for me.

Mike Scott

Doc, Photobucket doesn't work anymore, unless you have a premium account.
CREATURE FAN

Dr Borgo

Dr Borgo

The life-size Creature Mountain Dew Pitch Black display in the corner. My in-laws owned a grocery store a few years ago and snagged it for me.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Dr Borgo

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 28, 2018, 10:02:17 PM
I want that Creature Mt. Dew poster!!  :)
It's actually a cardboard, stand-up display piece. I didn't have any room in my "monster room" to stand him up, so I tacked it in the corner on the wall. I'm glad you like it. It's pretty cool.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

Rat Fink Rings made their appearance in candy and convenience stores in 1965. They consisted of a ring that was a base for a detachable Rat Fink figure:

The Rat Fink figures came in at least twenty(!) different colours with at least eight different eye colours making for a minimum of 160 different combinations! Any collector worthy of the term will of course not be satisfied until he has every possible combination.

While fakes from 1984 exist as well, they're bigger and marked 1984 on the back making them easy to tell from the originals. Here's a great website with lots more info on these rad cool rings:

RatFinkRing.Net

Some of the Rat Fink charms that were sold in vending machines such as the ones on the card below were cheap knock-offs of these rings. The fellow running the above website calls the knock-offs Crap Finks.

I keep wondering though whether the rings or any of the Rat Fink figures sold as charms in vending machines were properly licenced by Ed "Big Daddy" Roth and what if anything he received from their production and sale.

:-\