Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: skully on October 04, 2017, 06:03:45 PMHep, intimidation never stopped me from pursuing a hobby, it actually helped add to it. I can't answer the above question as to why younger kids didn't follow, if that is an actual fact. Reason being is because when I used to race, there were many different ages at the track at the same time.  To say that the younger generation didn't follow through just isn't true.

Well we know slot car tracks closed en masse in the late sixties and the hobby almost died out completely. Therefore the younger nine and ten year old kids clearly stopped stepping up in large enough numbers to replace the older kids that moved on to other interests. The question is "Why?"

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Revell held a contest to name the new "Big Daddy" Roth kit scheduled for release later in 1965. It was advertised on the back covers of DC comcs and other magazines including this one:

Wow! Winning "Big Daddy" Roth's company as a house guest for a week! How cool would that be? A girl in her early teens from New Jersey actually won the contest with her "Scuz-Fink" submission.

8)

:)

skully

Hep, the question doesn't really need to be answered.  Different interests and different type hobbies, toys, things, tv shows, replaced the generation that we knew, as it still does now.  We (as the "older" generation), might wonder why, and try to find reason as to why our interests weren't followed through, when it brought us so much fun, we sometimes refuse to see changing times when we remember "our" times as the best (I think this way too sometimes).  I often think that the world would be a better place if the tv were broadcast 24/7 with Retro Tv or ME Tv, to show the programs that we were watching when we grew up, with exceptions of "The Untouchables", Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Naked City, The Twilight Zone, and maybe a few others that were broadcast later in the evening, for "younger" eyes not to watch. I often tell my son and daughter that they just don't know how it was when I was a kid, and I remember my parents telling me the exact same thing. Society is just not the same anymore, interests are just not the same anymore, tv is just not the same anymore, (as we remember it), we long for the days of our youth as we grow older,  and that's ok.  It is something that was, is, and probably will be thought about for many generations to come.

Hepcat

Here are pictures of some of the Tyco Doctor Dreadful Food and Drink Labs from the collection of Scarey1scd:

Here is what Ive come up with as far as a checklist:

Here's a complete list of the Tyco Labs from the nineties that he's compiled:

DR DREADFUL 1994

- Food Lab
- Drink Lab
- Ice Scream Machine
- Squeem Lab
- Brain Juice Lab
- Living Lab
- Lunch Lab
- Food Lab Refill
- Drink Lab Refill
- Squeem Lab Refill
- Living Lab Refill

DR DREADFUL M.D. 1996

- Monster Medical Center
- Creepy Clinic
- Drain-A-Vein
- Body Wrap
- Heartburn Brew
- Tape Worm Tonic
- Blister Fixer
- Bug Lotion
- Monster Medical Center Refill
- Creepy Clinic Refill

cl:)

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Maceo1

The new Doctor Dreadful sets from Spin Master / Umagine are not too bad either.
I am being watched, by blind people.

Hepcat

Hepcat

Hepcat

Here are pics of some neat Halloween PEZ dispensers:

Baby Vampire

Black Cat

Skull

Naughty Neil Ghost

Slimy Sid Ghost

Rounded Top Jack-O-Lantern

White Stem Jack-O-Lantern

Red-Haired Witch

Purple Witch

tynhrt

Hepcat

Here's a great Beistle owl cutout from the 1930's from the collection of Allhallowsday:

8)

Hepcat

Here are a few pics from StyreneDude's collection of Halloween blowmolds:

tynhrt

Hepcat

The Collegeville Spooky Spook line of costumes was popular with kids back in the early eighties and is still popular with collectors today:

tynhrt

Hepcat

Here from the collection of Allhallowsday is an unopened package of vintage trick or treat bags:

tynhrt

Hepcat

Here are a few more Beistle cut-outs frpm StyreneDude's collection:

tynhrt

Hepcat

Above are a couple of Halloween masks from Raycastile's collection that bear a striking resemblance to the mask that came with the original Ben Cooper Phantom of the Opera costume:

cl:)