Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Topps issued this wonderful 88 card Space Cards set in 1957:

It was rereleased in 1958 under the new name of Target: Moon to capitalize on the space race.

Half the set was reissued under the Target: Moon title in Topps Fun Packs in 1967-68 but with backs variously termed pink or salmon. These are quite difficult to find.

Here are scans of some of my Topps Space Cards from 1957 showing more detail:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

Love those SPACE CARDS!! I think I like the space cards even more than the monster cards. MARS ATTACKS, JETS, ROCKETS AND SPACEMEM, etc.! Great art and colors!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

Here are scans of some of my Heritage Mars Attacks trading cards:

Backs:

Subsets Cards:

Backs:

3-D Cards & Wrapper:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=26275.msg430421#msg430421
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on February 26, 2017, 01:54:49 AM
Here are scans of some of my Heritage Mars Attacks trading cards:

Backs:

Subsets Cards:

Backs:

3-D Cards & Wrapper:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=26275.msg430421#msg430421

H.H., did you also purchase the IDW Mars Attacks comic books?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 26, 2017, 07:27:53 PM

H.H., did you also purchase the IDW Mars Attacks comic books?
No, I've stopped buying new comics. Since my purchasing power is quite limited these days I had rather spend the money elsewhere (on mostly older items). I have no doubt that many of the new comics are cool. I just think they're overpriced compared to what back-issues sell for.

Have you bought the IDW issues, mars? If so, how are they?
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on February 26, 2017, 07:35:52 PM
No, I've stopped buying new comics. Since my purchasing power is quite limited these days I had rather spend the money elsewhere (on mostly older items). I have no doubt that many of the new comics are cool. I just think they're overpriced compared to what back-issues sell for.

Have you bought the IDW issues, mars? If so, how are they?

I bought a couple, because of the artwork/cover. I think.....there were over fifty different variant covers.
Maybe? Prize captive #21 is my favorite. It use to be
my avatar. >:D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 26, 2017, 07:49:15 PM
I bought a couple, because of the artwork/cover. I think.....there were over fifty different variant covers.
Maybe? Prize captive #21 is my favorite. It use to be
my avatar. >:D
The whole variant cover thing is offputting for me. I got burned out on those in the '90s, and now there are more than there were then!  ::)

To be honest I'm pretty burned out on Superheroes in general because of all these reboots and re-imaginings. I focus on collecting monster stuff but I did keep some of my favorite Superhero comics- Fantastic Four, Avengers, Silver Surfer, Incredible Hulk, and a few others. I have full or near-full runs of those but I'm getting rid of the later issues from the '80s onward (those are in the basement). I just don't care much about the later issues anymore, and all those comics take up a ton of room. I chopped my comic collection down from 13K to 5K. Still have all my monster mags though. Those are really my favorites.  :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on February 26, 2017, 08:01:48 PM
The whole variant cover thing is offputting for me. I got burned out on those in the '90s, and now there are more than there were then!  ::)

To be honest I'm pretty burned out on Superheroes in general because of all these reboots and re-imaginings. I focus on collecting monster stuff but I did keep some of my favorite Superhero comics- Fantastic Four, Avengers, Silver Surfer, Incredible Hulk, and a few others. I have full or near-full runs of those but I'm getting rid of the later issues from the '80s onward (those are in the basement). I just don't care much about the later issues anymore, and all those comics take up a ton of room. I chopped my comic collection down from 13K to 5K. Still have all my monster mags though. Those are really my favorites.  :)

I agree. Years ago, I sold an entire comic book collection, mostly made-up of Super Heroes. Now I only collect Horror and Sci-Fi ( oops, sorry Forry!) Syfy comic magazines. Warren, Eerie publications, Skywald, etc.

Those variant covers in the 90s were a joke!

Hepcat

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 26, 2017, 07:49:15 PMI bought a couple, because of the artwork/cover. I think.....there were over fifty different variant covers.

Fifty! What an incredible abuse!

>:(

Quote from: horrorhunter on February 26, 2017, 08:01:48 PMThe whole variant cover thing is offputting for me. I got burned out on those in the '90s, and now there are more than there were then!

To be honest I'm pretty burned out on Superheroes in general because of all these reboots and re-imaginings.

My feelings too. DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths from 1985 marks my stepping off point for comics.

:(

Hepcat

Here's the back glass for the prototype of the Bally Medusa pinball machine:

And here are a few pictures of the production version from 1981:

And here it is in action:

! No longer available

cl:)

Hepcat

Here are some  really good front and back shots of the Universal monster Soakys:

8)

Hepcat

Here's a great shot of Roheimiana's set of Anchor-Hocking glasses:

8)

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on March 03, 2017, 09:55:51 PM
Here's a great shot of Roheimiana's set of Anchor-Hocking glasses:

8)
No way I would use mine. Those glasses are fairly expensive and hard to find with no chipped edges. I'll drink out of cheap glasses and keep my AH Monster glasses displayed safely on the shelf.  ;)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Here are two complete sets of the Marx Universal monster figures from the collection of Allhallowsday:

8)

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...