Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 15, 2017, 01:10:10 AM
I needs a green Creature!
I had one. When I narrowed my Palmers to one of each and two of each color I opted for the Blue Creature because I only had two Blue ones-- Creature and Gorgo, and my Blue ones are NM undamaged. Kinda wish I had kept the Green Creech as an extra even though it was a bit scuffed. The Green Creatures always sell for more, not quite as much as the Blues but still much more than Reds or Yellows.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on January 15, 2017, 02:24:21 AM
The Green Creatures always sell for more, not quite as much as the Blues but still much more than Reds or Yellows.

I'd say:
WHITE
BLUE
GREEN
YELLOW
RED
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 15, 2017, 02:40:54 AM
I'd say:
WHITE
BLUE
GREEN
YELLOW
RED
Looks about right from what I've seen. Then there's that weird Gold/Butterscotch color that's really rare.. not sure if it trumps White or vice-versa.  :-\

The only colors I've ever seen in person are Blue, Green, Yellow, and Red. I didn't even know about the others until I got on UMA. We know the molds never turned up for the Palmers because if so eBay would be flooded with every color plastic the Mexicans could get their mitts on.  ;D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on January 15, 2017, 02:51:14 AM
Then there's that weird Gold/Butterscotch color that's really rare.

Don't think I've seen one of those? (Then again, I'm pretty forgetful!) Got any pics?
CREATURE FAN

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 15, 2017, 04:41:29 AM
Don't think I've seen one of those? (Then again, I'm pretty forgetful!) Got any pics?
Not a great pic, but the packaged Kong is Butterscotch (Gold?) in this pic from the Hammett book.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Thanks! Looks like the same color as the dart gun in the other package.
CREATURE FAN

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 15, 2017, 05:09:13 AM
Thanks! Looks like the same color as the dart gun in the other package.

All kidding aside, you don't see the dart gun as distinctly lime green?

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Mike Scott

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on January 15, 2017, 05:59:09 AM
All kidding aside, you don't see the dart gun as distinctly lime green?

Nope. Unless something is red, yellow, or blue (see picture), I don't know what color it is!

CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 15, 2017, 04:41:29 AM
Quote from: horrorhunter on January 15, 2017, 02:51:14 AMThen there's that weird Gold/Butterscotch color that's really rare.

I posted a comparative look at the colours a few pages back:

Quote from: Hepcat on December 15, 2016, 10:23:35 PM
The three inch Palmer Plastics monsters are most commonly found in green, red, yellow and blue with the blue ones being much less common than the others. Here's a shot of Toy Ranch's Palmers:

White ones can also be found such as these from the collection of Frankenstein73:.

And Monsters for Sale:

Rarest of all though are caramel coloured ones such as these from the collection of Monsters for Sale:

The caramel ones evidently originated in the dart gun and Palmer monsters sets repackaged by Toy House of Wisconsin. Here are two examples of these sets from the book Too Much Horror Business - The Kirk Hammett Monster Collection:

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on December 15, 2016, 10:23:35 PM
White ones can also be found such as these from the collection of Frankenstein73:.

The flats were made by Best Plastics Corp. and patterned after the Palmer sculpts. The Best cavemen and dinos were patterned after Marx and Ajax sculpts.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Yes, of course. Sorry I mixed the best Plastics flats in with the Palmer originals.

:-[

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on January 16, 2017, 02:23:08 PM
Yes, of course. Sorry I mixed the best Plastics flats in with the Palmer originals.

:-[
No big deal. Most people call them Palmers anyway.  :laugh:

I just posted that for folks unaware of the difference. It was a bit of a revelation to this monster/dino toy geek when I found out that a company called Best Plastics made those flats found in the Horror Monsters Grab Bags I used to buy as a kid. BTW, I've added another complete Grab Bag and several more Best dinos to my collection since I took that pic. I now have 11 of the 14 Best dinos with dupes and two of the Grab Bags complete with contents. I still need the Best Smilodon, Iguanodon, and Ankylosaurus to complete the set. They are so hard to find it could be years before any turn up, if ever. I'm lucky to have found what I have.  :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Quote from: horrorhunter on January 14, 2017, 11:48:24 PM
Warren Vampirella Life Size Poster by Jose Gonzalez:

I have the Harris reprint hung on my closet door and a Warren original rolled up in a tube. Love those Warren posters.

While I love Vampirella's releasing the bat pose, I don't understand why you went with the Vampirella poster in place of these other two classic posters that Warren was flogging at the same time:

I mean surely the Uncle Creepy and Cousin Eerie posters have their own certain appeal.

???

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on January 16, 2017, 09:39:20 PM
While I love Vampirella's releasing the bat pose, I don't understand why you went with the Vampirella poster in place of these other two classic posters that Warren was flogging at the same time:

I mean surely the Uncle Creepy and Cousin Eerie posters have their own certain appeal.

???
I have those as well. Remember?...

I bought NM examples of the Uncle Creepy and Cousin Eerie Sanjulian posters from Dennis Druktenis nearly 20 years ago. The pic shows them hanging above one of my monster magazine tables.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...