Author Topic: Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!  (Read 121815 times)

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
Re: Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!
« Reply #780 on: July 10, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »
Here are a couple of scans from my Addams Family gum card set that Donruss issued in 1964:

cl:)

These look rad!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Allhallowsday

• Sergeant
  • Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!
« Reply #781 on: July 13, 2017, 10:43:07 PM »
If you want to view Paradise, simply look around and view it.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant

Allhallowsday

• Sergeant
  • Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!
« Reply #783 on: July 13, 2017, 11:23:59 PM »
Outstanding!

thm
Not my image; found on the web.  I have one of these robots, a favorite, but I sure wish I had THE BOX!!!  Now that is too cool for school.   >:( :)
If you want to view Paradise, simply look around and view it.

skully

• Corporal
« Reply #784 on: July 14, 2017, 11:32:53 PM »
Mike, this one's for you, I think you mentioned one time that this was one of your favorite covers, mine too.  I remember back in 1967 when this issue, #44 came out, and just looking at the cover because it was so cool.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #785 on: July 14, 2017, 11:39:04 PM »
Mike, this one's for you

Is that the original painting?
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

skully

• Corporal
« Reply #786 on: July 14, 2017, 11:42:40 PM »
Yes Mike, by Adkins.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #787 on: July 15, 2017, 03:06:48 AM »
Yes Mike, by Adkins.

Congrats! That is way cool! It looks like it's in nice condition. Some of them are a little scratched up.
CREATURE FAN

skully

• Corporal
« Reply #788 on: July 16, 2017, 02:06:22 AM »
Hi Mike.  Yes, you are correct.  Some of the original Warren covers are somewhat scuffed up, I have a few, but, when you're talking of a population of 1 of 1, many things are taken into account, first, there is only 1 original, and no matter what the condition is at the time, you must make the decision that you are dealing with a different kind of collectible, where rarity has a real meaning, in as much as there are no others to compare, you have, or have the opportunity, to own an original, a true one and only, be it perfect, or, with a few distractions. Original art has always been the most you could possibly ever go with a certain type of collectible. But, it's not for everybody.  Just take the recent Creature game that sold on E-bay for 1,963 dollars. Many collectors want this game, but, just imagine, the original artwork surfaced for the box top, which would you rather own? For me, no question, the art, yet for others, they may care less about the art, even though it is a one of a kind.  So, with that in mind, with a "produced" piece, you might have a few opportunities to land a great piece, but, with art, once it's gone, it's really gone, because there are no others, which brings me back to the beginning, as mentioned, yes, there are a few Warren covers, and other monster magazine covers, that do show signs of age, miss-handling, or other defects, but one must remember the type of collectible that they're dealing with, and the category could not be any higher.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #789 on: July 16, 2017, 11:55:17 AM »
as mentioned, yes, there are a few Warren covers, and other monster magazine covers, that do show signs of age, miss-handling, or other defects, but one must remember the type of collectible that they're dealing with, and the category could not be any higher.

Yes, I realize those cover paintings are one-of-a-kind, but I was just commenting on how nice it looks.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:00:28 PM by Mike Scott »
CREATURE FAN

skully

• Corporal
« Reply #790 on: July 16, 2017, 12:37:44 PM »
Hi Mike. Thanks much for the compliment on the painting. I have to admit, sometimes I get "too" deep with this particular area of collecting, as if I'm defending the piece due to the nature and rarity factor.  The art pieces I have left in my collection I've had for many years. I've kept certain pieces and have left certain pieces go, only to kick myself later. Same goes for many toys too. I guess we just can't keep everything, and sometimes it can get out of hand.  I've only recently been getting these pieces framed, and even with a few blemishes, these pieces are transformed to "knock-out" status. The person that is doing the framing, I have to admit, has never seen pieces such as these, he's always amazed at what I bring him next. A certain amount of trust is also needed here, I have no problem with leaving these items in his hands, he is top-notch.  Get ready for more images to be shown down the road, I'm sure you'll like them.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #791 on: July 16, 2017, 04:46:53 PM »
I've kept certain pieces and have left certain pieces go, only to kick myself later.

I hate when that happens!  ;D

Get ready for more images to be shown down the road, I'm sure you'll like them.

I know I will!  :)
CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #792 on: July 18, 2017, 10:27:34 AM »
Mike, this one's for you, I think you mentioned one time that this was one of your favorite covers, mine too.  I remember back in 1967 when this issue, #44 came out, and just looking at the cover because it was so cool.

;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #793 on: July 18, 2017, 01:45:28 PM »
Manglord was one of my all time favorite toys. The concept was that you could stretch and pull him apart, then re attach the limbs and they would be fine. It didn't really work, but still a great toy.

thm

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #794 on: July 19, 2017, 03:49:02 PM »
Manglord was one of my all time favorite toys. The concept was that you could stretch and pull him apart, then re attach the limbs and they would be fine. It didn't really work, but still a great toy.

thm

Looks cool