Author Topic: Dinosaur Playsets  (Read 121364 times)

Hepcat

• Sergeant
Re: Dinosaur Playsets
« Reply #465 on: June 14, 2020, 01:48:55 PM »
And here's a pic of the custom MPC set I made with the MPC Monsters alongside the MPC dinos.

MPC dinos are roughly about the size of Marx dinos, but most are a bit more slender. The Marx Sleek T-Rex, Pot-Bellied T-Rex, Brontosaurus, and Kronosaurus are a little larger than their MPC brethren.. maybe an inch to an inch and a half longer, and more bulky.

Here are some good replacement shots of horrorhunter's custom Ancient Dark Gods Playset:

8)

Collecting! It's what I do!

BigShadow

• Sergeant
« Reply #466 on: June 14, 2020, 02:01:39 PM »
Oh wow! Love those dinosaur trays. I'd use one today.

8)

I have several metal trays, mostly for 80's cartoons such as G.I. Joe, TMNT, MOTU, and Transformers, but I really can't bring myself to use them.  Too afraid of ruining the artwork.  Would be cool to use my X-Men one with my Spiderman cereal bowl and cup, lol.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/767593183431720/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #467 on: July 29, 2020, 03:04:03 PM »
Rocketship To Venus Playset (Chaos Toys, 2015) is a pulp era sci-fi set involving an exploratory expedition to the hostile jungle planet Venus.

CONTENTS:

1 USAF Venus Expedition Rocketship (Green & Yellow, Engine Lights Up/Flashes)

1 USAF Atomic Bomber Rocketship (Blue & Silver, Engine Lights Up/Flashes)

1 Venus Expedition HQ Building

1 Atomic Fuel Depot

1 Launch Control Blockhouse

1 Launch Ramp

1 Muroc Testing Area Sign

1 Mountain (Light Blue Soft Plastic)

2 Rock Arches (Light Blue Soft Plastic)

1 Bi-Level Cave (Brown & Red Hard Plastic)

1 Venusian Swamp (Neon Green w/Various Nasty Things)

1 Chaos Beast

15 Venusian Dinosaurs & Giant Mammals

4 Giant Crawlers (1 Scorpian, 1 Spider, 2 Beetles)

6 Energy Ogres (Beige Plastic)

11 Person Exploration Team (30mm Figures in Gray Soft Plastic, 4 Spacesuited Humans, 1 Android, 6 Aliens)

12 Double Venusian Jungle Trees (Tan & Green Soft Plastic)

2 Double Carnivorous Trees (Green Soft Plastic)

3 Rock Piles

1 Background Information Sheet

Earth Base: Muroc Testing Area is the secret launch base for Venus Expedition VE1. The expedition is an eleven person crew consisting of five United States Air Force personnel (four humans and one android), and six aliens working under orders from the Air Force. The aliens were scouts from various planets sent to spy on the Earth. They were captured over the last few years and mentally reconditioned by the Air Force to use their greater than human abilities of telepathy, telekinesis, heightened strength and toughness, and enhanced senses to aid the Venus Expedition in exploring and mapping Venus. Small explosives were surgically implanted in the aliens' heads to insure loyalty.

Venus Expedition Personnel: Commander: Col. Trip Travers, Doctor: Maj. Lucy Buff, Pilot: Capt. Hunt Ripper, Pilot: Capt. Crash Connors, Mechanic: TechSgt. Andy Handy (android), Jelik of Venus, Throk of Mars, Kalin of Saturn, Elikarr-Kaas of Alpha Centauri B7, Bel of Luhman16 A4, Rayz-El of Sirius B9.
The expedition will travel to Venus on two rocketships, the VE1 and the VE2. VE1 is a green and yellow rocketship which will carry most of the personnel and equipment, and is piloted by Capt. Hunt Ripper.  VE2 is a blue and silver experimental bomber with heavy weaponry including conventional 2K lb. bombs and four atomic bombs (in case things get really nasty), and is piloted by Capt. Crash Connors. The primary mission is to explore and map Venus. Secondary missions include making diplomatic relations with any civilizations of intelligent life forms, and destroying any advanced technological weaponry of any hostile groups.

Arriving on Venus: Venus is a deadly Green Hell planet with steaming jungles and swamps, as well as giant predatory animals very similar to many that existed in Earth's prehistoric  past, only usually bigger and meaner. It's constant hyper bloodletting on a grand scale, eat or be eaten. In addition to the Venusian dinosaurs and huge mammals there are poisonous insects and arachnids bigger than cars called Giant Crawlers. Also there are hulking humanoids called Energy Ogres who absorb solar energy and can briefly expel it in a deadly heat blast. The top of the food chain is the towering Chaos Beast. Only the most powerful predators or groups can challenge it. Most of the vegetation resembles palm trees, but there are also carnivorous trees and plants in abundance. And, the glowing swamps have a type of floating algae-like growth which can strip the flesh off of more vulnerable life forms in seconds. Welcome to The Bloody Jungle Planet.

CHAOS TOYS
                                                                       Route 666
                                                                       The GREAT ABYSS

This is a custom playset conceived and put together by me. The Earth Base pieces are by Clyde Childress. The box and illustrations are my work except for the illustration in the center of the box which is a '60s sci-fi paperback cover I found the art for on the internet. Artist is unknown.

Chaos Toys name and logo are by me. The company is fictitious, created to be the producer of this playset. The company may be an ongoing thing for more custom toys in the future.

Here are some good replacement shots of horrorhunter's custom Rocketship to Venus Playset:

8)

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #468 on: August 29, 2020, 12:57:53 PM »
Though, sometimes the lines blur between myth and historical fact. You never know what paleontologists will unearth next. They keep changing "historical fact" as they dig up more fossils. Remember the "tail draggers" from the '60s that were accepted as fact? And, the Brontosaurus which was later understood to be an Apatosaurus skeleton with a Camarosaurus skull?

I still like Brontosaurus and tail dragging dinos. They may not be "fact" today, but they were when I was a kid, and the toys from the time reflect that. Also, Brontosaurus is still correct regarding the Marx, MPC, and other figures of the time. They're labeled as Brontosaurus and by god they are Brontosaurus.  ;)

Brontosauri are back! And with a vengeance!

Charles Choi - Scientific American

So once again Marx, MPC, Nabisco, etc. had it right all along and the so-called "learned" paleontologists couldn't tell a neck bone from a tail bone even if a Neanderthal hit them over the head with it!

;D