Author Topic: Pez monster dispenser stand  (Read 267 times)

Wolfman

• Sergeant
Re: Pez monster dispenser stand
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2019, 04:03:18 PM »
There were fragile vacuformed 6- or 12-slot display stands in the '70s the one I have is white, but I've seen orange flocked ones, as well. This, though, is some sort of modern aftermarket stand with a repro card apparently Photoshopped from a photo of a real one (why would a real one have a prominent date?), and skipping the diecutting.
I'd still like to have it, as a nice backdrop for my dispensers. Usually not into repros, but ain't never getting an original.

JP

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2019, 05:13:01 PM »
(why would a real one have a prominent date?)

That's what I was thinking.

, and skipping the diecutting.

The die-cut was the stand up part of the counter box.

The more I think about it, the more I think this is totally made up. This may have been scanned from an ad, or the counter box top. That said, it would still make a nice bkgnd for the 3 dispencers.
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2019, 05:45:42 PM »
Hey, I found it! I remember making this (11 yrs ago) from a distorted photo of . . . something? It's not so great, but it's all I got.  :)

CREATURE FAN

Wolfman

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2019, 08:12:50 PM »
Hey, I found it! I remember making this (11 yrs ago) from a distorted photo of . . . something? It's not so great, but it's all I got.  :)

Wow! I wish I had that. Problem is, if you gave me the materials, directions, and guided me through the process, I still wouldn't be able to make one. Lol

JP

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2019, 08:19:55 PM »
Wow! I wish I had that. Problem is, if you gave me the materials, directions, and guided me through the process, I still wouldn't be able to make one. Lol

PM me your address and I'll send you a print. Let me know how wide you want it (up to 8").
CREATURE FAN