Author Topic: Dinosaur Playsets  (Read 110867 times)

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
Re: Dinosaur Playsets
« Reply #450 on: January 30, 2020, 12:15:27 PM »
Super rad, playset
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #451 on: March 28, 2020, 10:30:37 PM »
I know that some of the original carded MPC sets are dated 1964, like this one from my collection.

Here's the top part of this MPC Dinosaur Monsters rack toy from horrorhunter's collection:

Interesting that this MPC Dinosaur Monsters set was then repurposed and used to promote Hammer's 1971 flick Creatures the World Forgot:

One of the theater chains put custom stickers on the header cards and used the MPC sets as give-aways to promote the movie. Here's the one from horrorhunter's collection:

What's really ironic is that no dinosaurs appeared in the Creatures the World Forgot movie! I guess whoever was in charge of promoting the movie didn't actually bother to see it first.

;D
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monolith

• Sergeant
« Reply #452 on: March 29, 2020, 02:37:44 PM »

What's really ironic is that no dinosaurs appeared in the Creatures the World Forgot movie! I guess whoever was in charge of promoting the movie didn't actually bother to see it first.

Or maybe they forgot. I know I would never forget the creature in the center of the movie poster.

Lazarus

• Sergeant
  • Monster Kid Forever
« Reply #453 on: March 30, 2020, 12:54:01 AM »
'Inspired by' lets you get away with all sorts of things.  They should've done a little Julie Ege to go with those dinos.