Author Topic: eBay - big ol' monster sale - AHI Mego Marx MPC Palmer Remco Mani-Yack Elwar  (Read 4662 times)

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
Lots of great monster toys for all tastes and budgets. Some old stuff, some not so old, some expensive stuff, some not so expensive. Toys from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s. I'll post some specific items later. In the meantime, take a look:

http://tinyurl.com/jck5qpz

Raymond Castile

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
Some great stuff, Ray! I put the watch on a few of them.
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
One of my auction items that is not getting much love yet is this first-series Elwar Phantom button:

This is the rare version with the smaller lettering, completely different artwork, and no text along the edge.

I believe someone came up with a photo of James Warren holding these early versions, or displaying them somehow. Maybe someone remembers the photo I'm talking about. Anyway, I've seen more carded AHI Creatures than I have this early version Elwar Phantom button. I've seen more carded Lincoln Phantoms. It's pretty rare.

And here is the ebay link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231923163296?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Raymond Castile

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
One of the "stars" of my auction is this lovely Horrible Hamilton playset.

Isn't he cute? You can bid on him here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231923194919?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Raymond Castile

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
If you ever wanted an MPC Horror House Target Set in its original shrink wrap, here is your chance!

I will probably regret selling this more than anything else in the auction! Fill me with regret by bidding on it here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231923724794?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Raymond Castile

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
One of my auction items that is not getting much love yet is this first-series Elwar Phantom button:

Did you mean to say that these were sold through FM, or did I misread your listing? I was sure we all did a search of the '60s FMs (SM, MW) and couldn't find them.
CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

• Sergeant
Lots of great monster toys for all tastes and budgets. Some old stuff, some not so old, some expensive stuff, some not so expensive. Toys from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s. I'll post some specific items later. In the meantime, take a look:

http://tinyurl.com/jck5qpz

Why oh why would you use Ebay's custom brokerage service?

Quote from: Ebay
Shipping: $41.55 International Priority Shipping to Canada  via the Global Shipping Program   | See details

Item location:
Saint Charles, Missouri, United States

Ships to:
United States and many other countries | See details
Import charges:
$110.13   (estimated and based on current bid) 
No additional import charges on delivery

:o

Don't you realize that the $110.13 fee is just a ripoff? The presence of that fee absolutely deters Canadians from bidding you know.

:(
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

• Sergeant
One of the "stars" of my auction is this lovely Horrible Hamilton playset.

Isn't he cute?

Awwwwww.... Cute as a kitten!

8)

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
Did you mean to say that these were sold through FM, or did I misread your listing? I was sure we all did a search of the '60s FMs (SM, MW) and couldn't find them.

I just reread that old thread about the Elwar buttons. It was established that the common Elwar buttons were sold in FM in the 1970s, though they existed in the 1960s. The photo I misremembered as being a pic of James Warren is actually a pic of Forry wearing some of the first series buttons. At first, people thought this photo was from 1965, but later it seems the consensus shifted to date the photo at 1963. A photo was found in the "Warren Archives" of the raw artwork for the first-series buttons, with Warren's handwritten notes on them. So what I'm selling is an early version of something that was sold in FM.

I think the bidders on this item will fall into two categories:

1. People who know exactly what it is, why it is special, and are versed in the history of these early-version buttons.
2. People who could not care less about its history and just want a cool Phantom button.
Raymond Castile

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
Why oh why would you use Ebay's custom brokerage service?

:o

Don't you realize that the $110.13 fee is just a ripoff? The presence of that fee absolutely deters Canadians from bidding you know.

:(

Hepcat, I have no clue what you are talking about. When I look at the listing, all I see is my $7 shipping fee. I don't see any of these high fees you are seeing, probably because I live in the U.S. I don't know what people around the world see. And I have no idea what ebay's custom brokerage service is. If that's the default that people outside the U.S. see when they view the listing, then I guess I won't have many international bidders. If you know how to turn that off, let me know and I'll see if I can change it. Though I don't sell things very often, I have sold to international bidders before and never had a problem. But there's a first time for everything.
Raymond Castile

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines

So what I'm selling is an early version of something that was sold in FM.

OK, I see what your mean, now.
CREATURE FAN

Palifan

• Sergeant

Hepcat, I have no clue what you are talking about. When I look at the listing, all I see is my $7 shipping fee. I don't see any of these high fees you are seeing, probably because I live in the U.S. I don't know what people around the world see. And I have no idea what ebay's custom brokerage service is. If that's the default that people outside the U.S. see when they view the listing, then I guess I won't have many international bidders. If you know how to turn that off, let me know and I'll see if I can change it. Though I don't sell things very often, I have sold to international bidders before and never had a problem. But there's a first time for everything.

It sounds like you have bays global shipping program attached to your listing (as it's world wide). I haven't had to deal with this yet as I've only sold in the US but know a few people who have and I think the buyer has to pay the high shipping price and then claim some of it back or something. I think sellers are automatically opted into this global shipping program but you can opt out of it in your personal eBay section somewhere.

Sorry not to be more specific but as I mentioned I haven't had to deal with it yet and you should be able to figure it out with a quick google search. Hope that helps a bit.

Ian

Hepcat

• Sergeant

Ebay introduced that about three years ago because United Parcel Services was charging a custom brokerage fee of something like 20-25% to collect the 13% of General Sales Tax charged by the Canadian government. I learned many years ago to tell sellers not to ship by UPS.

I'm sure that this fee is somehow a default option charged to Canadian buyers by Ebay. I'm not sure how a seller can turn it off.

:-[

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
Here is a very nice Palmer King Kong and Gorgo attached by sprues. But the nicest thing is that it has Fay Wray. Your Palmer collection is not complete without Fay Wray!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231923601407?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Raymond Castile

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
For your consideration, here is a minty, sealed AHI Dracula with jointed wrists. The bubble has some scrunching, but the card itself is beautiful. And the bubble is completely sealed on all four sides, even the bottom, where they usually pop loose. He's a prize.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231923092795?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Oh, and he comes with an acrylic case, too.
Raymond Castile