Mezco Frankenstein pre-order

Started by Palifan, April 06, 2016, 02:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Quote from: John Pertwee on January 20, 2017, 01:20:07 AM
It came in. I am floored by the quality.
These really have to be seen in person to be believed. Best figure of the year.

Gillfan

Remember to vote that way in the Rondos this year!  :)

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on January 20, 2017, 05:09:12 AM
These really have to be seen in person to be believed. Best figure of the year.

I have both the b & w and the color. Even though I have not taken either out of the packaging, they look amazing. I am glad I bought both versions. I was on the fence before the color version arrived. However, when I saw it through the viewing window in the package, I thought it was really nice.

thm

Anton Phibes

So, uhm....should we consider the 1:12 Universal Monsters line a one and done? Is Frankenstein "it"? Just curious as he seems to have under performed, and I haven't seen any more discussed. Which is a shame. One per year would've made me happy. I was so looking forward to a definitive Wolfman this size. :'( :'(

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 08, 2019, 07:35:10 PM
So, uhm....should we consider the 1:12 Universal Monsters line a one and done? Is Frankenstein "it"? Just curious as he seems to have under performed, and I haven't seen any more discussed. Which is a shame. One per year would've made me happy. I was so looking forward to a definitive Wolfman this size. :'( :'(
I think it's sad that the line never happened. That was THE best poseable Franky  ever produced. If you can't sell that, the rest are doomed (except, possibly, The Creature). Still, it's really hard to cough up 70 bucks for a 6" figure.

Monsters For Sale

I finally blew $60 with free shipping for a B&W because of the Growling face.

(Hated the green they chose.)

Guess they were just too pricey for most collectors.

ADAM

Mord

I had both. I sold my green one to a friend. The b&w one is just incredible. It looks like a film still. I'm still considering getting the castle door display stand. It's just too big to fit anywhere, and I'm tired of keeping things boxed up in a corner.

Joseph_Baeza

Trust me. If I happen to see Michael Markowitz of Mezco at either WonderCon or SDCC this year, I will state my case why WE MUST HAVE a One:12 Wolf Man or Gill Man.  I believe either of those figures would be a more popular and better selling choice than Frankie.  I can only imagine how great each of them would look under the talented hands of Mezco's sculptors!  It would be an absolute shame if the classic Universal monsters line began and ended with Frankie.

Mord

Would you be a dear and ask if they have any plans for "The Monolith Monsters" figures or playsets? Adam and I thank you in advance.

Joseph_Baeza

Mord, I think you have a better shot finding your Monolith Monsters at the local home improvement store or adult toy shop.  ;D

John Pertwee

Did anyone buy one on ebay that a Chinese seller was selling for $10?
I wondered if they actually shipped and if they were really the One 12 version.

aura of foreboding

Shame they aren't continuing the line.  Wish they would.  I know Gill Man would sell well for sure.  A Lugosi Dracula would too.  They wouldn't even need a Universal license for that one.  And a Wolf Man would round out the crew. 

I really wonder if the Karloff Frankenstein has been done to death.  I have to admit I'm kind of over him.  Am I done with the monster as a character, though?  No.  I know I'd buy up a lot of Glen Strange monsters at this point.  Still, I am glad we got a Karloff figure from Mezco.  I bought both and the base, not so much because I wanted another Karloff monster, but because I wanted the rest of them.  That being said, I don't need any more Karloffs from Mezco.  Chaneys, Lugosis, and Gill Men, yes, I need those. 

Gillfan

Quote from: John Pertwee on March 09, 2019, 04:47:04 PM
Did anyone buy one on ebay that a Chinese seller was selling for $10?
I wondered if they actually shipped and if they were really the One 12 version.

They were knock offs.

John Pertwee

I was curious, but doubted they would even send them out. I almost bought one just to see, and since the original came with an extra head all I need is another body. :)

MadCow

Quote from: John Pertwee on March 10, 2019, 02:46:05 PM
I was curious, but doubted they would even send them out. I almost bought one just to see, and since the original came with an extra head all I need is another body. :)

Damn, I never thought of that. Now I'm tempted to pick one up but the bootlegs are going for almost what I paid for the legit one.