Mezco Frankenstein pre-order

Started by Palifan, April 06, 2016, 02:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

I don't know how they'd do Creature, honestly.  If they did him in some kind of rubbery material, with covered joints, I'd have to pass.  That stuff breaks down pretty quickly.  Same reason I passed on the Hellboy Hot Toy figure. 

If they do him with proper joints, though, I'd be thrilled to get him.

Anton Phibes

After Universal cancelled the lunchbox and Mrs. Bates roto plush....I fear I am done with their licensed product.... no matter how stellar it is aesthetically. Those two blows have pushed me over the edge. Then there's the fact they offer absolutely no Psycho merchandise to speak of. So--Drop Dead Universal.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

You cannot swing a dead troglodyte without hitting Wizard of Oz, Mickey Mouse, or even I love Lucy items....but nothing for Universal's Monsters can seem to make it past prototype without some suit saying: "It looks too good. Let's Make Frankenstein's skin tone Bright Yellow/Sunburst orange....yeah, that'll be what the public wants." ::) ::) >:( >:( >:(

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 19, 2016, 07:15:26 PM
70 bucks for a 6" toy? Don't make a Creature, then.
If their Frankenstein is any indication,  a Creature would be stellar. You, Mike Scott,  would be compelled to own one. Just think of how much money you've dropped on those Japanese  Creature color variants.  Those things barely resemble  the  Creature.  YOU MUST BUY MEZCO. CREATURE.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on June 19, 2016, 07:32:15 PM
YOU MUST BUY MEZCO. CREATURE.

If they make it, I'll buy it, but if they don't, that will give me an extra $70 to spend on vintage stuff.
CREATURE FAN

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 19, 2016, 07:42:07 PM
If they make it, I'll buy it, but if they don't, that will give me an extra $70 to spend on vintage stuff.
That's a win win in my book. BTW,  you should be able to score the color versions for under 60 bucks.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on June 19, 2016, 07:55:55 PM
. . you should be able to score the color versions for under 60 bucks.

And that's why I have no money for vintage stuff. All the variations are sucking my wallet dry! Why do I buy them!? I'm obviously disturbed.
CREATURE FAN

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 19, 2016, 10:08:14 PM
And that's why I have no money for vintage stuff. All the variations are sucking my wallet dry! Why do I buy them!? I'm obviously disturbed.
That's been apparent for quite some time. It's what makes you so revered around here.

Monsters For Sale

Unfortunately, you've come to the wrong group of people throw you an intervention.
ADAM

horrorhunter

I got burned out on variants with all of the variant comic book covers during the comic book glut of the '90s. I still occasionally buy one or two variants of the same thing, but I refuse to line the pockets of these companies who try to sucker OCD completests into buying several copies of essentially the same item. Just think of all the cool different items you could have bought with that money, like vintage stuff.

That said, I don't consider DD figures of the same character from different films variants. The card art will be different on each one, hopefully art from the original movie posters, and it would give DD a chance to make the characters somewhat different from each other by offering different paint details and facial expressions, different clothing where applicable, and different accessories to match the character's role in that specific film. I part ways with the opinions of some regarding this but there is certainly nothing wrong with going one's own way. Been doing that all my life, and it's the only way I'm at peace with myself.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Palifan

I'm still holding out for a colour version of this figure to buy as I do really like the look of it but feel the colour one would suit my collection a bit more. I am wondering though when (if?!), this will be made available? I half expected it to turn up as some comic con variant this year but looking at what Mezco have put up for their  con exclusives it thankfully doesn't look to be that way. Hopefully it'll be easy enough to get hold of when it does go up for sale and not some strange 24 hour sale type deal (I do doubt that though).

Ian

Lazarus

Quote from: Palifan on June 19, 2016, 11:44:13 PM
I'm still holding out for a colour version of this figure to buy as I do really like the look of it but feel the colour one would suit my collection a bit more. I am wondering though when (if?!), this will be made available? I half expected it to turn up as some comic con variant this year but looking at what Mezco have put up for their  con exclusives it thankfully doesn't look to be that way. Hopefully it'll be easy enough to get hold of when it does go up for sale and not some strange 24 hour sale type deal (I do doubt that though).

Ian

I messaged them about it a while ago.  They said they fully intend to release the color version (though they did NOT say if it was going to be a general/non-convention exclusive release).  They just had some things they still needed to iron out.  He'll be out when he's ready, and I don't mind waiting because I want to see him done right, and do well, so they make more.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on June 19, 2016, 10:27:36 PM
That's been apparent for quite some time.

No point in trying to hide it.
CREATURE FAN

Palifan

Quote from: Lazarus on June 20, 2016, 12:18:27 AM
I messaged them about it a while ago.  They said they fully intend to release the color version (though they did NOT say if it was going to be a general/non-convention exclusive release).  They just had some things they still needed to iron out.  He'll be out when he's ready, and I don't mind waiting because I want to see him done right, and do well, so they make more.

Thanks for the info, let's just hope it does see the light of day or I'll regret not getting the B&W one.

Ian

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Palifan on June 19, 2016, 11:44:13 PM

Ian
Prayers to the Monster Gods have been answered!  We now have a Mezco color version of the Monster available for pre-order! http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MEZ11077&mode=retail