Beetlejuice 2?

Started by Phantom Stranger, September 06, 2011, 10:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count_Zirock

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Rockshasa

NOT HAPPENING?? Thank goodness!
I remember seeing the first movie in the theater, when it came out back in the 1980's. For me, this was one of those movies that I couldn't wait til it ended. I never found it funny at all, and I can remember absolutely hating Beetlejuice himself. Talked too fast, wouldn't shut up, and just wanted to smack him. Hated that character. On the other hand, I did collect the toys...those I liked. But the movie itself? Blech!

marsattacks666

Have to say, I am disappointed.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Haunted hearse

Quote from: Rockshasa on March 12, 2016, 04:22:42 AM
NOT HAPPENING?? Thank goodness!
I remember seeing the first movie in the theater, when it came out back in the 1980's. For me, this was one of those movies that I couldn't wait til it ended. I never found it funny at all, and I can remember absolutely hating Beetlejuice himself. Talked too fast, wouldn't shut up, and just wanted to smack him. Hated that character. On the other hand, I did collect the toys...those I liked. But the movie itself? Blech!
I get you hated the film.  My question then is why would you care one way or another if the made a sequel?  If it came to a sequel to "The Oogie Love" movie, since I would have no interest in seeing it, the announcement that the sequel was being cancelled was have no meaning to me.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

horrorhunter

Quote from: Haunted hearse on April 06, 2016, 12:49:33 AM
I get you hated the film.  My question then is why would you care one way or another if the made a sequel?  If it came to a sequel to "The Oogie Love" movie, since I would have no interest in seeing it, the announcement that the sequel was being cancelled was have no meaning to me.
I'm with you, Hh. If it's something I'm not interested in I simply ignore it. The world is full of crappy movies, especially from the last few years, and they crank out new cinematic sewage every day. The existence of that crap doesn't matter to me one way or the other.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on April 06, 2016, 02:56:46 AM
I'm with you, Hh. If it's something I'm not interested in I simply ignore it. The world is full of crappy movies, especially from the last few years, and they crank out new cinematic sewage every day. The existence of that crap doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

If Hollywood continues to pump-out anymore horrible, cookie-cutter,
trash......I'll rip my eyes out with a rusty spoon. Unfortunately I have Family members who drag me with them to crappy, Hollywood movies.
These movies (cannot call 'em films, that would imply the movies are art) are S***! Most are highly formulatic, pedestrian and garbage.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on April 06, 2016, 03:31:12 AM
If Hollywood continues to pump-out anymore horrible, cookie-cutter,
trash......I'll rip my eyes out with a rusty spoon. Unfortunately I have Family members who drag me with them to crappy, Hollywood movies.
These movies (cannot call 'em films, that would imply the movies are art) are S***! Most are highly formulatic, pedestrian and garbage.
Dude, 90% of my entertainment is from the mid '70s and before. That includes movies, TV, books, mags, comics, pretty much everything. There have been a few good things since the mid '70s, but not that many. I think the fact that so much pure crap has been hacked out (or re-imagined  :P) from the '80s onward it has overwhelmed the good stuff and made it seem scarce. Just my opinion, of course. To most young people this kind of attitude just seems bitchy and old. I just know how I feel about it having grown up in the '60s and '70s. To be honest the '70s had it's share of dreck as well... like fashion and disco  ::). As sh*t goes, there was just less of it back then as opposed to a sewer-full afterwards.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...