Author Topic: Charter Limited Scooby-Doo! action figures. I want to know more!  (Read 3033 times)

Lazarus

• Corporal
  • Monster Kid Forever
Re: Charter Limited Scooby-Doo! action figures. I want to know more!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 09:48:02 PM »
Are you talking about the Mystery Mansion that's been out a couple of years now? I've read alot of bad things about that toy…not made very well I here.

This is the one I've seen.  I did more looking, and it might just be the one you're talking about with some reworking on the interior.  Considering the price these toys go for, I'm not expecting the highest quality merchandise.

Rockshasa

• Sergeant
    • Bobby's Moster Models
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 10:01:38 PM »
You can still pick up the Mystery Mansion at TRU I do believe. The reviews that I read stated that the thing falls apart very easily. It's not very sturdy. I've seen it and it's not very nice either. Very cheap looking up close. This here is one castle that I really should have bought when it was out years ago. I saw it up close and it was really nice. This would look great with small monster figures:

COME VISIT MY MONSTER MODEL WEBSITE: http://www.bobbysmonstermodels.com

Lazarus

• Corporal
  • Monster Kid Forever
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2016, 10:21:14 PM »
That is a terrific castle.  A little dressing, and it would be great for Remco or Reaction monsters.

Rockshasa

• Sergeant
    • Bobby's Moster Models
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2016, 10:24:43 PM »
That is a terrific castle.  A little dressing, and it would be great for Remco or Reaction monsters.
Exactly! You got it.
 ;)

Rockshasa

• Sergeant
    • Bobby's Moster Models

Lazarus

• Corporal
  • Monster Kid Forever
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2016, 12:23:42 AM »
For that price?  Absolutely.  For, say, $5?  Not bad.

John Pertwee

• Corporal
  • Exiled Time Lord
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2016, 09:53:28 AM »
Keep checking back. My Walmart did a restock. I didn't buy my sets until I could get the three I wanted.
R.I.P. Dudley Simpson. The greatest composer Doctor Who has ever seen.

Rockshasa

• Sergeant
    • Bobby's Moster Models
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2016, 06:06:46 PM »
Drove out to a 3rd Walmart today. They only had the Scooby/Phantom Racer two-pack, and nothing else. Bought it though. One of the guys in their toy department rummaged around in the overhead boxes above the aisle. He couldn't find anything. After that I finally drove to my nearest TRU. Looked all over the store, even in the little kids section. They had the little Scooby figures but not the ones at this scale…so they had nothing that I wanted. And I was really surprised to see they had moved their adult collectibles to this little tiny subsection against the wall, and they virtually had nothing interesting at all. Crazy! I remember the days when TRU had lots of cool stuff. Those days are gone. The place sucks now.

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2016, 06:28:48 PM »
The only one they had at my two Walmarts was the Wolfman.  Got him, but am sad to have missed the others! 

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2016, 06:31:19 PM »
And I was really surprised to see they had moved their adult collectibles to this little tiny subsection against the wall, and they virtually had nothing interesting at all. Crazy! I remember the days when TRU had lots of cool stuff. Those days are gone. The place sucks now.
Haven't been in a TRU in over a year. There are 2 TRUs I used to go to but the last several times I checked them they had absolutely nothing I was interested in, and the employees were clueless about monster figures. I check Walmart when I go grocery shopping and once in awhile I find a toy or DVD, but I do 95% of my monster shopping online now. The internet is the only place I can find what I want anymore.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 12:05:31 AM »
So, apparently these happened and I wasn't even aware of it. Love the monsters!!! Especially Headless Horseman.

"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

John Pertwee

• Corporal
  • Exiled Time Lord
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 12:40:32 PM »
Walmart had the first series pretty cheap. Looks like I'll be checking there again.
R.I.P. Dudley Simpson. The greatest composer Doctor Who has ever seen.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »
Check fast. Apparently these were released last Halloween and none of us seem to have noticed. I can't believe I didn't see them. My wife saw them but she thought I already had them all.  The Headless Horseman, Ghost of Capt. Cutler and the Ghost havent been released before. Apparently Velma and the Ghost were short packed and caused people to scoop them up and sell em on ebay for a ridiculous mark up. They were less than $10 at Wal Mart at release. No telling what people will try to flip them for. >:(
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 01:59:53 PM »
Walmart has many of the figures
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 03:44:30 PM »
Walmart has many of the figures

Do they have Velma and the Ghost?

The ghost is the only figure I would want.  But that set is selling for anywhere from $44 to $54 each - three times what the others are bringing.
ADAM