Horror/Sci-Fi Exploitation posters

Started by Memphremagog, March 11, 2016, 08:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on April 12, 2016, 08:29:06 PM
Dyanne Thorne, yum.
Ilsa... immortalized Ms. Thorne, and launched the Nazisploitation subgenre.

Hottest Nazi that never was.  >:D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on April 12, 2016, 09:00:31 PM
Ilsa... immortalized Ms. Thorne, and launched the Nazisploitation subgenre.

Hottest Nazi that never was.  >:D

Yeah......
'Cause Eva Braun was.......yikes!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

This is a link to an overview of Nazisploitation, and lists the important films of the subgenre: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_exploitation

It's an interesting corner of cinematic trash. Exploitation at it's over-the-top best (or worst, depending on your POV).  >:D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on April 13, 2016, 12:10:09 AM
This is a link to an overview of Nazisploitation, and lists the important films of the subgenre: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_exploitation

It's an interesting corner of cinematic trash. Exploitation at it's over-the-top best (or worst, depending on your POV).  >:D

Reading the link now, H.H. Thanks for posting.

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Night Of The Living Dead (1968) Spanish

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) (poster by the great Frank Frazetta)

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Graveyard Of Horror (1971) (aka The Butcher Of Binbrook, aka Necrophagus)

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Quote from: creaturefan95 on April 19, 2016, 01:30:32 AM
What makes this an exploitation film ???
I don't think it is. I just found the French poster interesting and this is where I put it because I didn't want to start a new thread for it or hunt up a more appropriate one. It should be noted, however, that even monster royalty like CFTBL has exploitive elements, like exploiting Julie Adams sex appeal in what was considered a risqué high-cut swimsuit, and the violence The Creature inflicted on some of the humans in the film. But, by my definition, Creature From The Black Lagoon is a Monster Classic and not an Exploitation Film. It's my favorite movie, and I would never disrespect it.

The term "Exploitation Film" is loosely defined and means different things to different people. Here's a Wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploitation_film

Again, I don't think CFTBL is an Exploitation Film. If we're splitting hairs it shouldn't have been posted in this thread.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...