Author Topic: Horror/Sci-Fi Exploitation posters  (Read 80230 times)

Memphremagog

• Sergeant
  • Strange days have found us...
Re: Horror/Sci-Fi Exploitation posters
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2016, 02:21:38 PM »
MAN EATER OF HYDRA(aka Island Of the Doomed)(1967)

The difference between martyrdom & suicide is press coverage...

Memphremagog

• Sergeant
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2016, 02:23:34 PM »
BLACK CANDLES(1982)

Memphremagog

• Sergeant
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2016, 02:25:28 PM »
THE MONSTER AND THE STRIPPER(aka The Exotic Ones)(1968)

Memphremagog

• Sergeant
« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2016, 02:32:05 PM »
CHAMBER OF HORRORS(1966)

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2016, 03:05:45 PM »
BLACK CANDLES(1982)

Paul, you just made my day, buddy! Thank you, sir.  :)

I had never heard of Black Candles until you posted that extremely interesting poster. Then I noticed the names Helga Line (Eurobabe Supreme), and Jose Larraz (the director of Vampyres), involved with one of my favorite subgenres (Satansploitation), and I immediately did some quick research. I went to IMDB and got the scoop on the DVD comparisons and it looks like the BCI Grindhouse double feature is the one to have. Though the print is a little pale compared to the MOD, it's all there and on a pressed disc. I looked around and saw some ridiculously priced offerings since it's OOP, but settled on a very good copy from a Amazon seller for less than $19 shipped. Last one they had too. There are still some similar deals for it on Amazon, but some are pricey. The seller I ordered it from is called "silverplatters". Anywho, I'll be glad to get a little hidden gem I didn't even know about.

The full film is on You Tube and I'll probably watch it tonight, but I had to have a copy since you never know how long something will be up on You Tube.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2016, 04:19:44 PM »
CHAMBER OF HORRORS(1966)

I'm about due for a watch of this one, again. :)
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Memphremagog

• Sergeant
« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2016, 05:40:26 PM »
I'm about due for a watch of this one, again. :)

I happen to really like this one myself. Patrick O'Neal makes for a quite entertaining maniac here. :)

Memphremagog

• Sergeant
« Reply #217 on: March 19, 2016, 05:44:00 PM »
Paul, you just made my day, buddy! Thank you, sir.  :)

I had never heard of Black Candles until you posted that extremely interesting poster. Then I noticed the names Helga Line (Eurobabe Supreme), and Jose Larraz (the director of Vampyres), involved with one of my favorite subgenres (Satansploitation), and I immediately did some quick research. I went to IMDB and got the scoop on the DVD comparisons and it looks like the BCI Grindhouse double feature is the one to have. Though the print is a little pale compared to the MOD, it's all there and on a pressed disc. I looked around and saw some ridiculously priced offerings since it's OOP, but settled on a very good copy from a Amazon seller for less than $19 shipped. Last one they had too. There are still some similar deals for it on Amazon, but some are pricey. The seller I ordered it from is called "silverplatters". Anywho, I'll be glad to get a little hidden gem I didn't even know about.

The full film is on You Tube and I'll probably watch it tonight, but I had to have a copy since you never know how long something will be up on You Tube.

You know it's funny, as I was posting the poster pic for this, you came to mind as I thought you might find this one entertaining.  There are copies of this film to be had as well on the TRASH PALACE website. They have a pretty decent line of obscure and rare Eurohorror titles. Just saw this there while browsing the other night. :)

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
« Reply #218 on: March 19, 2016, 06:02:30 PM »
You know it's funny, as I was posting the poster pic for this, you came to mind as I thought you might find this one entertaining.  There are copies of this film to be had as well on the TRASH PALACE website. They have a pretty decent line of obscure and rare Eurohorror titles. Just saw this there while browsing the other night. :)
Yet another source for obscure movies and other monster stuff. Favorited!

Thanks again for posting that Black Candles poster!  :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2016, 06:44:19 PM »
Memphremagog. Is that the BCI- Welcome to the Grindhouse series?
Around 2006/7 that particular series was released. ( I may be mistaken
about the year(s). However, I do remember going to Bestbuy(when Bestbuy had cool DVDs) and buying that DVD and others in the series.
Oh?! .....and the 42nd St. series, too.( Synopsis Films or another company)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2016, 07:13:04 PM »
Memphremagog. Is that the BCI- Welcome to the Grindhouse series?
Around 2006/7 that particular series was released. ( I may be mistaken
about the year(s). However, I do remember going to Bestbuy(when Bestbuy had cool DVDs) and buying that DVD and others in the series.
Oh?! .....and the 42nd St. series, too.( Synopsis Films or another company)

Yes, mars. I posted this one from that series by BCI/Deimos. (Memph quoted me to answer)

I have 2 double feature DVDs from the BCI Eclipse/Deimos Welcome To The Grindhouse series: Prime Evil (1988)/Don't Answer The Phone (1980) and Pick Up (1975)/The Teacher (1974). BCI Eclipse/Deimos also did another series of double feature DVDs with almost identical packaging called Exploitation Cinema. Of that series I have the 2 double features Satan's Slave (1976)/Terror (1978) and Mausoleum (1981)/Blood Song (1982). 2008 is the copyright date on one of mine. They are all Crown International releases.

Synapse did the 42nd Street Forever trailer series.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2016, 08:00:52 PM »
I happen to really like this one myself. Patrick O'Neal makes for a quite entertaining maniac here. :)

The original "Jason"!
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2016, 08:58:51 PM »
Yes, mars. I posted this one from that series by BCI/Deimos. (Memph quoted me to answer)

I have 2 double feature DVDs from the BCI Eclipse/Deimos Welcome To The Grindhouse series: Prime Evil (1988)/Don't Answer The Phone (1980) and Pick Up (1975)/The Teacher (1974). BCI Eclipse/Deimos also did another series of double feature DVDs with almost identical packaging called Exploitation Cinema. Of that series I have the 2 double features Satan's Slave (1976)/Terror (1978) and Mausoleum (1981)/Blood Song (1982). 2008 is the copyright date on one of mine. They are all Crown International releases.

Synapse did the 42nd Street Forever trailer series.

Thank you, horrohunter.
Btw.....Have you listened to the commentary for the film, Mausoleum?
Extremely funny.  Bobbie Bresee, is definitely entertaining during the
commentary.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 12:03:23 AM by marsattacks666 »
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2016, 11:27:13 PM »
Thank you, horrohunter.
Btw.....Have you listen to the commentary for the film, Mausoleum?
Extremely funny.  Bobbie Bresee, is definitely entertaining during the
commentary.
No, I haven't listened to that one yet, but I need to. Man, there are so many DVD/BDs I need to watch, books/comics/mags I need to read, commentary tracks and podcasts I need to listen to. I have stuff piled up everywhere and it's hard to find the time to get to everything. I did go back and listen to the Tim Lucas commentary on the A Virgin Among The Living Dead Blu-ray though, and it's excellent. Mr. Lucas helps you navigate the confusing labyrinth that is the Jess Franco filmography, and he makes it a very entertaining journey. I highly recommend any Tim Lucas commentary track you can get ahold of.

One of the reasons I can't get to the other stuff I want to do is that I spend too much damn time on this message board.  :laugh:  But, I like to come here and discuss what I love with like-minded folks. Ultimately that's what it's all about I guess.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2016, 12:11:36 AM »
No, I haven't listened to that one yet, but I need to. Man, there are so many DVD/BDs I need to watch, books/comics/mags I need to read, commentary tracks and podcasts I need to listen to. I have stuff piled up everywhere and it's hard to find the time to get to everything. I did go back and listen to the Tim Lucas commentary on the A Virgin Among The Living Dead Blu-ray though, and it's excellent. Mr. Lucas helps you navigate the confusing labyrinth that is the Jess Franco filmography, and he makes it a very entertaining journey. I highly recommend any Tim Lucas commentary track you can get ahold of.

One of the reasons I can't get to the other stuff I want to do is that I spend too much damn time on this message board.  :laugh:  But, I like to come here and discuss what I love with like-minded folks. Ultimately that's what it's all about I guess.

Honestly, who has time to catch-up, on anything. I try to squeeze in a movie or five. Haaa-haaa! Between work and Family, I am able to listen
to two KISS podcasts and one Horror. Plus....watch a film, when given
free time. In the past year, I still haven't watched all the DVDs/blurays
I purchased, nor read the Horrorhound magazines.