Author Topic: Murders in the Rue Morgue Remix/Reordered  (Read 403 times)

MusicEd921

• New Recruit
Murders in the Rue Morgue Remix/Reordered
« on: February 16, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »
I recently saw this for the first time on Svengoolie a couple weeks back (but finally got to watch it last night).  I know the legend of how this poor film got butchered and there are several theories about the correct ordering of scenes.  I hear there are some edits of them floating around the internet.  Any idea where these can be viewed?  I'm really interested in the theories of what the director had intended for this film.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
Re: Murders in the Rue Morgue Remix/Reordered
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 01:14:21 PM »
I assume you're talking about the 1932 film?

I've never heard of these alternate edits, but I would be interested in seeing one!
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

MusicEd921

• New Recruit
Re: Murders in the Rue Morgue Remix/Reordered
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 01:24:06 PM »
Yeah, sorry about not putting the year.  I've read that if you look closely at the 1932 version, you can see how even in the balcony scenes that it was pretty much 4 different scenes that were spliced together to make one longer one and that the clothes differ from each cut slightly.  Like I said, a bunch of theories about what the intended order was and there was a legitimate article written about it where the author shared his theories.  Apparently a bunch have been floating around.