Show us your new kit scores!

Started by Dr Wolfenstein, January 06, 2016, 02:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Wolfenstein

I thought it would be cool to see what kits forum members have bought lately and also what new kits are available.

I picked these up from ebay.One day I'll make my Dr Deadly diorama. >:D

Rogerbee

I recently acquired Mike Hill's 1/3 Curse of the Werewolf bust, I haven't had chance to take pics of mine, but the finished kit looks like this:

I'll endeavour to get mine looking that good!

CHEERS!

EDIT:

Here's mine, he came ready primed:

I just love the detail on this. You can so tell this is one of Mike's favourite creatures.

Tom_Hering

In the past month ...

J. Lloyd 2005 reissues of five Hawk Weird-Ohs, Drag Hag, Endsville Eddie, Freddy Flameout, Leaky Boat Louie, and Wade A. Minut, $8.99 each with free shipping.

Testors 1999 Weird-Ohs Davey (TV version), $6.95 plus shipping.

Monarch 2014 Gorgo (blue box), $29.50 plus shipping.

Revell 2012 reissue of Renwal 1/32 Teracruzer with Mace Missile, $29.90 with free shipping.

I was excited to get the Teracruzer, not only because it was less than half price (new, sealed), and fits in with my other retro space and atomic subject models (mostly from the 1950s), but the real thing (a total of 189 transporter-launcher units) was built by FWD Corp., located just 48 miles east of me in the little town of Clintonville, Wisconsin.

Hepcat

Quote from: Dr Wolfenstein on January 06, 2016, 02:12:03 AMI thought it would be cool to see what kits forum members have bought lately and also what new kits are available.

Good thread idea!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Dr Wolfenstein

I bought this just before Christmas last year,The Cosmostrator from First Spaceship on Venus.Odd thing is it doesn't mention the film title on the box.I do like 50's/60's Sci-Fi movies and spaceships.

Gab

Wolfman66

I don't have pics yet.But picked up bunch of Monarch kits again off of ebay.
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

Tom_Hering

My blue box Gorgo has arrived, molded in a Lemon Grass color (greenish yellow).

It's missing the four clock faces, parts 49-A, 49-B, 49-C, and 49-D. Anyone have these to sell or trade (any color)? Or know of a source now that Monarch has shut its doors?

Mcdee

Wow... That's  very odd as these(Yellow version)  were released in  a  very  small  quantity  as a  quality control measure  after the missing parts issue had arisen...   I found out what this color is all about ! Remember when Scott had all that trouble with the Gorgos missing Parts ? He put together a small final batch of quality controlled regular grazs' Gorgos.
Scotts  words : All new plastic color( THIS COLOR!) (looks great unpainted). And loads more gram weight with parts on the sprues to ensure no missing pieces and to minimize the rattle and shake.... These arrived when the Glow Ghost and Glow Gorgos' did...Very small quantity were ever made in this Yellow color.
Check again...You can  still  get in touch with Scott here : monarchmodels(*at*)outlook.com
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

Tom_Hering

Quote from: Mcdee on January 13, 2016, 04:07:37 PM
Wow... That's  very odd as these(Yellow version)  were released in  a  very  small  quantity  as a  quality control measure  after the missing parts issue had arisen...   I found out what this color is all about ! Remember when Scott had all that trouble with the Gorgos missing Parts ? He put together a small final batch of quality controlled regular grazs' Gorgos.
Scotts  words : All new plastic color( THIS COLOR!) (looks great unpainted). And loads more gram weight with parts on the sprues to ensure no missing pieces and to minimize the rattle and shake.... These arrived when the Glow Ghost and Glow Gorgos' did...Very small quantity were ever made in this Yellow color.
Check again...You can  still  get in touch with Scott here : monarchmodels(*at*)outlook.com
Mcdee

Hmmm. If the Yellow Gorgo is the last run of the non-glow kits, and it's a rare color (perhaps the rarest color?), then I wonder whether I should leave it alone as an unbuilt collectible, or build it unpainted (if I can get matching clock faces), or exchange it with a collector who has a more common color to trade (so I can both build and paint that one)? Hmmm. (Note in the photo that a few of the smaller parts are off the sprues, and a few of the larger parts are barely hanging on, despite Monarch's good intention.)

UPDATE. I just heard back from Monarch that they're sending a replacement sprue with the four clock face parts, in the same color. Amazing! So it looks like I'll be building this Gorgo unpainted, and picking up a different one to paint. Thanks very much, Mcdee, for the contact information.

Mcdee

No  problem...Scott stands behind  his Product!
Cheeers
Mcdee

Mike Scott

Quote from: Dr Wolfenstein on January 07, 2016, 02:49:20 AM
  I bought this just before Christmas last year,The Cosmostrator from First Spaceship on Venus.

Cool! I like that they made the center spire taller, like the movie poster!

Pegasus makes some great kits!  I have the big Martian War Machine, the Martian and the WWC spaceship.  I want to get the Luna!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mcdee

My newest acquisition is under  my right hand (I've been on a diet)  The  Monarch  Gift Pack featuring Dracula/Jekyll/Hyde...
and I've got  a couple of Yellow Gorgos' heading my way... just not here yet...

Mcdee

Mcdee

Just got 2 more in the mail today ...
Autographed by  Scott Mckillop

Mcdee

Universal Steve

Quote from: Mcdee on January 13, 2016, 04:07:37 PM
...Remember when Scott had all that trouble with the Gorgos missing Parts.
Mcdee

I got Gorgo a little bit after the first run came out. I looked at the parts but didn't take inventory of them. Guess I better check them before it's too late.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Anton Phibes

McDee--I will forever covet that Fly box. :angel: Since you're such good pals with Scott....why don't you see if he has another? PLLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE????? ;) ;) 8)

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g3t4lOVjzwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>