Author Topic: So the "Repulsives" series is re-released?  (Read 1258 times)

Mcdee

• Sergeant
So the "Repulsives" series is re-released?
« on: November 08, 2015, 01:22:23 PM »
I saw these originals show up on Ebay a few weeks ago (Sep 27, 2015 )  and someone paid $4,052.99 for all 4...Yikes
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262053790798...9#ht_63wt_1145

...and now they are  available on ebay for less  than $20.00 each....

anyone have any info on all of this?
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

Hepcat

• Sergeant
Re: So the "Repulsives" series is re-released?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »
Hopefully the fellow who bought the Lindberg originals bought them as a keepsake and didn't do so to build them. If he bought them as a keepsake, there's no reason he should be bothered by the existence of the reissues.

:-\

Collecting! It's what I do!

jimm

• Sergeant
  • The Foom Abides!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 08:06:05 PM »
That's usually what causes most to unload... A reissue

Mcdee

• Sergeant

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 09:30:02 AM »
You got ripped! The ones you bought are the reissues.

:(

Tom_Hering

• Private First Class
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 07:47:15 PM »
I saw these originals show up on Ebay a few weeks ago (Sep 27, 2015 )  and someone paid $4,052.99 for all 4...Yikes

But will the seller actually receive that payment of $4,052.99? I wouldn't be surprised to see this group of original kits relisted soon.

Mcdee

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 09:36:45 PM »
But will the seller actually receive that payment of $4,052.99? I wouldn't be surprised to see this group of original kits relisted soon.

It hasn't shown up in his feedback yet.....
http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=marigold05&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc
Mcdee

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 11:22:51 AM »
On the whole though my opinion of the Lindberg Repulsives and Loonys when they were first issued in the mid-sixties was that they were shoddy low end of the market imitations of the Revell "Big Daddy" Roth Finks and Hawk Weird-Ohs. My opinion hasn't changed.

???
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 12:19:38 PM by Hepcat »

Mcdee

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 12:24:43 PM »
On the whole though my opinion of the Lindberg Repulsives and Loonys when they were first issued in the mid-sixties was that they were shoddy low end of the market imitations of the Revell "Big Daddy" Roth Finks and Hawk Weird-Ohs. My opinion hasn't changed.

???

I had them as a kid, my Dad bought them for me as they were 50 each as opposed to the 98 for an Aurora kit, but to me they really sucked, very thin white plastic and very small...my Red Ryder bb gun and some firecrackers made sure these never left the 1960s' lol....but I suppose the nostalgia factor on these and the rarity really do put them 'over the top' for me... if I were independently wealthy I would have bid too... lol but now that they have been re popped for about $20 .00 each or less (which is about the same price as 50 was in the mid 60s')...I don't think the Originals will see these high bids again...I got two sets because I'm very tempted  to relive this moment of my childhood  again as I still have my Red Ryder B B gun  ;D
Mcdee

Tom_Hering

• Private First Class
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 03:56:35 PM »
... and very small ...

Size was the only problem with the '60s "funny" kits that I think had the very best sculpts - that most closely resembled their box art (details, character likeness, vehicle likeness, and an action look instead of a static feel). Monogram's Mouse / Fred Flypogger kits. Too small.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:03:06 PM by Tom_Hering »