What is this thing?

Started by horrorhunter, October 16, 2015, 09:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmofmpls

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 25, 2015, 05:13:22 PM
I think you need a password to see it?

That's how strange and odd it is.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Mike Scott

Quote from: fmofmpls on October 30, 2015, 12:45:13 PM
That's how strange and odd it is.

I think you also need a note from your doctor.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Wicked Lester

This mutant fly figure is very cool. I don't think I could have put more that $50 on it tho.
On a similar note,and I have posted these a couple times before. I have been looking for the rest of the set. Only seen a couple over the last few years. Made by Empire toys in the later 70's. More prominent in the U.K than the U.S. If you have the other 4 I want them. The space warrior is my favorite 6 inch plastic figure even over the Marx and PoP-Tops.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Wicked Lester on November 01, 2015, 10:22:47 PM
On a similar note,and I have posted these a couple times before. I have been looking for the rest of the set. Only seen a couple over the last few years. Made by Empire toys in the later 70's. More prominent in the U.K than the U.S. If you have the other 4 I want them. The space warrior is my favorite 6 inch plastic figure even over the Marx and PoP-Tops.
Any pics of the others?

I Googled them and nothing came up right away.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

billyatom

Way back in the Toy Shop magazine days - 90s - I had two of the Hartland Horribles ON THE CARD.  Naturally, i never saved a photo of them, however, i sold both for like $500 each.  Those i had had a "adhesive" patch on the bottom and were advertised to put them on your car dashboard.  I had others after those (not on the card) but never saw another with the "adhesive" patch.

Count Zero

have you seen this mummy before?
what is it?

its about 2 inches tall & made of soft plastic...
looking for vhs recordings of tnt's monstervision with joe bob briggs

horrorhunter

Quote from: Count Zero on October 20, 2017, 11:53:01 AM

have you seen this mummy before?
what is it?

its about 2 inches tall & made of soft plastic...
It's from the Strange Change The Lost World (Mattel, 1967) playset.

I have the complete set but I had to grab this net pic since my pics faded to oblivion (like nearly every pic of my stuff on this site).
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Count Zero

looking for vhs recordings of tnt's monstervision with joe bob briggs

billyatom

They were more common in the 90s and I saw several... I think there were like 6 in the set.  I actually found two still on the card and like the genius I am, I sold them through the Toy Shop magazine.  I did get about $400 each though.  and no, I didn't save a picture of them either

Mike Scott

Quote from: billyatom on October 20, 2017, 04:34:23 PM
I did get about $400 each though. 

Are you talking about that little Mummy toy?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

Quote from: Count Zero on October 20, 2017, 04:23:16 PM
thanks horrorhunter!
You're welcome, Count Z.

Here's a net pic of the two supplement cards sans monsters.

The monsters started in small square form (time capsules) and the shtick was to put them in the Strange Change machine and it brought them "through time" to appear as the monsters. In reality it heated them up and they expanded into form. While warm they could be crushed back into square form in that part of the machine. I got one of these for Christmas in 1967 and replaced it with a nice example from eBay a few years ago. The seller also included the blister cards and supplemental monsters.

It's a fun toy and displays well. Kind of a combination monster playset and Thingmaker-type set. The individual figures in expanded form usually sell for around $3-$10 each, and a complete playset with the box and working Strange Change Machine in nice condition seems to sell for around $200-$300 now. You can find damaged sets and pieces on eBay pretty cheap.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

jerod

Picked up a Hartland Horribles witch yesterday.
Was surprised by the size (about 5" tall) which is much taller than most "plastic army-man" type figures.
Nice detail on the sculpt.

jerod