Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Shoulda renamed it "Kit (Black) Kat".
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

fearliath

Quote from: marsattacks666 on October 06, 2019, 01:21:04 AM
Ugh! SPAM! The true acronym- Special Parts And Membranes.

TAKE IT BACK!!!  My wife found me loathsome when she discovered I was particular to SPAM. Then I challenged her to the following. You thin slice some SPAM and cook it on a frying pan (I like it crispy like bacon) and your life will become a better place.  Better yet, add some Kraft Macaroni and Cheese as a side and all your worries will be swept away. She is a SPAM fan now (and I cannot emphasize how unlikely that is).

As to the composition of SPAM I would take that over sausage or hot dogs if your being picky (and I will happily eat all of them). I have been eye witness to the process for both many, many times and prior to being formed into the hot dog shape, hot dogs have passed through a long conveyor belt of ALL the nasty pig parts getting discarded from the ham, bacon, pork chops, even the sausage. The hot dog is made from the sludge that is left over from all of that (kind of like Danny DeVito in the movie Twins.  Add some food coloring and run it through the hot dog shaper and there you have it.  The hot dog.

SPAM, it's what's for dinner.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: marsattacks666 on October 06, 2019, 01:21:04 AM
Ugh! SPAM! The true acronym- Special Parts And Membranes. 

"The primary ingredient in Spam is chopped pork shoulder meat mixed with ham. About 90% of Spam is pork from a pig's shoulders. The remaining 10% (or so) comes from the pig's buttock and thigh, better known as ham."

It is held together with a little potato starch and the meat's natural gelatin.  Sugar and salt added.

Better than more highly regarded chorizo.  It has "lymph nodes, salivary glands and misc. meat bi-products".  Ymmm.   (I read that off the label for some that a roommate offered me many years ago.  I declined.
ADAM

The Batman

Halloween requires decadent munchies, if it's your favorite holiday...

Hepcat

Quote from: fearliath on October 17, 2019, 05:30:38 PMMy wife found me loathsome when she discovered I was particular to SPAM. Then I challenged her to the following. You thin slice some SPAM and cook it on a frying pan (I like it crispy like bacon) and your life will become a better place.  Better yet, add some Kraft Macaroni and Cheese as a side and all your worries will be swept away. She is a SPAM fan now (and I cannot emphasize how unlikely that is).

SPAM, it's what's for dinner.

Mmmmmm, Spam!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

The Batman

'Stocked-up on bags of candy for tonight & noted Hershey and other brands are going for
a GLOW-IN-THE DARK wrappers theme.

Happy Halloween to all

Monsters For Sale

My grocery store has already stopped stocking Thomas' Pumpkin Spice Bagels.  Nuts.  I am really gonna miss them.  I've been making killer ham sandwiches out of them. 

Yeah, I know.  Ham on bagels isn't really kosher - but delicious.
ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 06, 2019, 05:36:24 AM
My grocery store has already stopped stocking Thomas' Pumpkin Spice Bagels.  Nuts.  I am really gonna miss them.  I've been making killer ham sandwiches out of them. 

Yeah, I know.  Ham on bagels isn't really kosher - but delicious.

I cannot eat Ham and a bagel....
But so good
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

HALLOWEEN - Food - Junior Mints - with Black & Orange Centers

These look to be "Halloween" candies by dint of food coloring rather than flavor.  Still, these are kinda neat.

They are available from CVS Pharmacies and Ralphs Groceries in my area, so they shouldn't be TOO hard to find.

EDIT:

I see Target carries them, too.
ADAM

Hepcat

Quote from: The Batman on October 17, 2019, 06:23:45 PMHalloween requires decadent munchies, if it's your favorite holiday...

Mmmmm! That looks fabulous!

:D

Who sells those cakes?

???

Hepcat

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 02, 2020, 09:52:37 PMThese look to be "Halloween" candies by dint of food coloring rather than flavor.  Still, these are kinda neat.

Not to mention the box graphics!

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 02, 2020, 09:52:37 PMThey are available from CVS Pharmacies and Ralphs Groceries in my area, so they shouldn't be TOO hard to find.

Is Ralph's a regional chain?

???

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Hepcat on September 03, 2020, 02:45:17 PM
Not to mention the box graphics!

Is Ralph's a regional chain?

???

They have 241 Supermarkets in California - they either own or are owned by Kroger Stores.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

HALLOWEEN - Food - KitKat - Marshmallow Flavored Creme - Snack Size - Bag

HALLOWEEN - Food - KitKat - Marshmallow Flavored Creme - Snack Size - Individual

Being carried by Target.
ADAM

Hepcat

Interesting how many manufacturers have moved from the traditional orange and black to purple and green for Halloween packaging.

tynhrt

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 19, 2017, 07:33:13 PM
Walmart makes a good Pumpkin Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Filling.

I was ordering my groceries and saw this listed, so I tried one.

Mike's right:  "Walmart makes a good Pumpkin Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Filling."
ADAM