A Taste of Halloween

Started by Monsters For Sale, October 05, 2015, 05:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hopefullygoodgrammar on August 22, 2018, 01:41:11 AM
I tried some of those last year, I thought they were absolutely horrible.

White chocolate. Bleech!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hopefullygoodgrammar

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 22, 2018, 03:19:18 AM
White chocolate. Bleech!

I actually like white chocolate....when it's by itself. It is a lonely confection and it seems to prefer it that way.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 13, 2018, 05:05:48 PM
... I did pick up this fine selection of brewskies at Target so it wasn't a wasted trip. Mmmm... Pumpkin Ale.  ;)

For those who like the stuff.

ADAM

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monsters For Sale

Just a reminder that pumpkin-flavored stuff is back in stores at least through Thanksgiving - and many products until the week after New Year's.

One of my favorites, Thomas' Limited Edition English Muffins will be available in Pumpkin Spice and Cranberry editions.

Not too sweet and great toasted with butter.

Haven't tried these, but man does that picture look great!

Also, Kozlowski Pumpkin Butter is finally back in stock at Albertson/Vons stores.  Think Apple Butter but better.  They also make Apple Butter and various fruit spreads.  Really good stuff.

I gotta stock up.  I ran out last year and have been anticipating their return to shelves.
ADAM

Mike Scott

First thing that comes to mind, when I think of Halloween, is snowballs!
CREATURE FAN

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Ugly_Thing

Halloween flavors, eh?  Hmmmm, well I've always been partial to Norman's favorite...

And Brach's Mellowcremes are a must!

Of course, being from Upstate, NY near the Canadian border -- nestled among the various towns that inspired Irving to write 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' -- we also regularly enjoyed potato pancakes and candied apples during Halloween time.  Also, can't forget:

Howler

Quote from: Mord on October 05, 2015, 09:49:43 PM
I love circus peanuts! You just don't like gourmet food.

I thought I was the only person that loves circus peanuts! I love candy corn as well.
"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

MadCow

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 13, 2018, 03:13:58 PM
Also, Kozlowski Pumpkin Butter is finally back in stock at Albertson/Vons stores.  Think Apple Butter but better.  They also make Apple Butter and various fruit spreads.  Really good stuff.

I gotta stock up.  I ran out last year and have been anticipating their return to shelves.

Oh! I forgot how good Pumpkin Butter was. We usually grab some from the farm when we go Pumpkin picking but plans changed this year and didn't get to go to our usual spot.

MadCow

Quote from: Howler on October 13, 2018, 10:11:04 PM
  I thought I was the only person that loves circus peanuts! I love candy corn as well.

So weird, I was just talking about these a few days ago with my wife. She has never had them which I found shocking. I've been trying to find some ever since but they don't seem to be as easy to find as they used to be.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Howler on October 13, 2018, 10:11:04 PM
  I thought I was the only person that loves circus peanuts!

They taste like stale, marshmallows!
CREATURE FAN

MadCow

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 14, 2018, 10:50:22 PM
They taste like stale, marshmallows!

That's the best part!!! It's like leaving Easter Peeps out for a month before eating them.  8)

Hepcat

Quote from: Ugly_Thing on October 13, 2018, 09:22:52 PMOf course, being from Upstate, NY near the Canadian border -- nestled among the various towns that inspired Irving to write 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' -- we also regularly enjoyed potato pancakes and candied apples during Halloween time.

Mmmmmm, mmmmmm, potato pancakes with sour cream and chives!

Crispy around the edges and just right!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Hepcat on October 25, 2018, 03:27:38 PM
Mmmmmm, mmmmmm, potato pancakes with sour cream and chives!

Crispy around the edges and just right!

8)

Oh, those look s-o-o-o good!
ADAM