Author Topic: A Taste of Halloween  (Read 8625 times)

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
Re: A Taste of Halloween
« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2017, 06:31:26 PM »
And I was definitely looking for COKE Universal Monster displays this year, but haven't found any!  Pepsi is out of the picture, for now. 

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2017, 06:53:15 PM »
I have seen those several places, M4S.  Thanks for taking pics and sharing....

I get a kick out of seeing our monsters (even the cartoony ones) around Halloween.  It is especially fun to see displays big enough to stand nose-to-nose with.
ADAM

Maceo1

• Sergeant
  • I am being watched, by blind people.
« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »
That is actually not how this works.  No one can use copyrighted material to promote or sell a product without paying a licensing fee to the license holder.  They may not be selling the displays, but they are using the displays to sell the products, thereby profiting. 

Thanks for that info, but darn it,  I thought I understood this copyright stuff.  We have been dealing with the attorneys, the US copyright office, the printer, Universal Pictures, Comcast, and third parties for some weeks now, and it turns out that only one license is required and after only a few phone calls, it's pretty easy to get a Copyright License Agreement . I really, really wish I could post the paperwork here, but of course it cannot be done. It would surely enlighten most people, that is for sure. And I am going to read it all again myself, or have my attorney read/explain it to me. Ha .
I am being watched, by blind people.

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2017, 07:56:30 PM »
...We have been dealing with ...   ...Universal Pictures...

Planning on producing what?

Toys, models, books...   ?

ADAM

Maceo1

• Sergeant
« Reply #214 on: October 12, 2017, 07:59:56 PM »
Planning on producing what?

Toys, models, books...   ?

Popcorn/ice buckets.

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #215 on: October 12, 2017, 08:04:27 PM »
Popcorn/ice buckets.

Cool.

I thought that was just for your own party.

Not crazy about the pink buckets.  Thought about other colors?  (Orange with the black monsters would be very Halloween-y.)

Good luck with your projects.
ADAM

Maceo1

• Sergeant
« Reply #216 on: October 12, 2017, 08:15:28 PM »
Cool.

I thought that was just for your own party.

Not crazy about the pink buckets.  Thought about other colors?  (Orange with the black monsters would be very Halloween-y.)

Good luck with your projects.

Thanks. Have many color variations and art designs. Using the pink ones for my party, then another company takes over the project in the new year. I had been involved in a toy project years ago. The toy has not done that well and do not want the headache again. I only want to invest in sure things now. Ha

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2017, 11:12:16 PM »
Popcorn/ice buckets.

I must have missed these.  Link?

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
ADAM

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2017, 12:30:08 AM »
Thank you.  That was an interesting read.  I kept seeing that thread, but thought it was just about the original buckets, which I looked at and appreciated, but didn't need to follow-up on.  Now I see I was wrong!

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2017, 12:33:10 AM »
... Now I see I was wrong!

Welcome to my world.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2017, 08:30:23 PM »

Peanut Butter Cup Ghosts with White Chocolate - from Reese's
ADAM

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2017, 11:14:32 PM »
Popcorn/ice buckets.
I would be interested in purchasing a reasonably priced (i.e. CHEAP) repro of the popcorn bucket. I never had one as a kid so there isn't that sense of nostalgia that would make me pay big bucks for an original. The graphics have the cool Monsterkid aesthetic which makes it desirable as cheap eye-candy to add to the collection. You, or whomever, would probably be able to sell several of these as long as the price was right.

Nothing wrong with selling cheap custom repops as long as they aren't misrepresented as originals. Of course there's always a chance that once a bunch of repros were let loose in the marketplace some might eventually be misrepresented by some unscrupulous or ignorant seller. It should be easy to tell a new repop from an original anyway unless some crook decided to "weather" the piece. Years down the road some of the repops might have enough age and wear to make it a little confusing. I would suggest making the repros a slightly different size from the originals to give a definite way for folks to tell the difference.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2017, 12:55:46 AM »
I would be interested in purchasing a reasonably priced (i.e. CHEAP) repro of the popcorn bucket.... 

Oops!

Wrong thread.
ADAM

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2017, 08:31:28 AM »
Oops!

Wrong thread.
No oops to it. This is where the subject was mentioned and this is where I responded to it.

As long as you've been here you should be well aware that conversations are all over the place on this message board. If it strikes their fancy I'm sure some energetic mod will fix things to suit them.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...