Welly, welly, welly Alex Delarge Megostyle Figure

Started by Spock, September 15, 2015, 10:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count_Zirock

Sold out in less than 24 hours! Amazing! Anyone coming to Mad Monster Party in Charlotte, NC, next March? Could get yours autographed.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y336-A1 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Herr Hussmann

Fantastic! Real Horror Show! Even has its maskie!

horrorhunter

Got #60. Cool figure, but no feet! Are they supposed to have empty boots?  ???
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

Quote from: horrorhunter on October 09, 2015, 09:21:40 PM
What! Are the boots connected to the calves somehow? I'm not sure I understand this.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mord on October 09, 2015, 09:28:33 PM
What! Are the boots connected to the calves somehow? I'm not sure I understand this.
No. The boots are just stuck on. One of them fell off when I removed the bubblewrap from the figure. Then I checked and the other just came off. If you stick 'em on the pretty hard they stay... kind of. I don't know about this, dude.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

Quote from: horrorhunter on October 09, 2015, 09:34:12 PM
No. The boots are just stuck on. One of them fell off when I removed the bubblewrap from the figure. Then I checked and the other just came off. If you stick 'em on the pretty hard they stay... kind of. I don't know about this, dude.
That makes them sound so unstable. So the legs (with amputated feet) are just pushed into the boot? That doesn't make any sense to me. Are you sure that the feet didn't come off at the ankle joint and are still stuck way in the bottom of the boot? Maybe Anton will have some answers.

Spock

HH
The boots are made specifically for the type s body. They fit,  just as the feet would fit by insertion of the peg. These boots have been used on other figures along with shoes that fit the same way.  If they are not fitting correctly you know I will do what I can to make it right :)

Spock

Quote from: Mord on October 09, 2015, 10:08:05 PM
That makes them sound so unstable. So the legs (with amputated feet) are just pushed into the boot? That doesn't make any sense to me. Are you sure that the feet didn't come off at the ankle joint and are still stuck way in the bottom of the boot? Maybe Anton will have some answers.

Mord
Why would it not make sense. Molded footwear has been around for yonks. A lot of the big boys use them, even hot toys I believe have molded footwear that fit by pegs.  Check your Hammet toys Karloff And Lugosi figures.  Atr they fit on shoes or molded?

Anton Phibes

Jerry Dandrige has boot pegged feet. Eliminates the needs for people with a slight case of OCD to buy socks,lol. I havent had a problem with mine. I didnt buy Alex to compare notes because I am by no means a fan of the film he is in.

Spock

Quote from: horrorhunter on October 09, 2015, 09:21:40 PM

The boots should be solid and fit in the same manner as the feet via pegs. If this is not the case then something is amiss. Let me know HH so I can put any errors right.

Mord

Quote from: Spock on October 09, 2015, 11:32:07 PM
Mord
Why would it not make sense. Molded footwear has been around for yonks. A lot of the big boys use them, even hot toys I believe have molded footwear that fit by pegs.  Check your Hammet toys Karloff And Lugosi figures.  Atr they fit on shoes or molded?
Sure, I understand that concept. Yes, everybody uses that. What HH was describing was different than that. It seemed that there was something wrong with his pegs or the connection. I was in no way criticizing DD or the practice of molded footwear. You understand that, right?

horrorhunter

Quote from: Spock on October 09, 2015, 11:58:07 PM
The boots should be solid and fit in the same manner as the feet via pegs. If this is not the case then something is amiss. Let me know HH so I can put any errors right.
Upon closer examination I see that they are pegged. I wasn't aware of pegged footwear and was expecting feet. I was in a hurry when I opened the package and only now had a few minutes to closely examine the figure. One of the boots had worked loose and fell off when I first unwrapped the figure. They fit snugly when pushed in firmly. Sorry about any confusion.

Alright, folks... break it up, the party's over... go home and enjoy your figures.  C:)  :laugh:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: Spock on October 09, 2015, 11:58:07 PM
Hot toys uses this on all there figures.
It an easier fit instead of trying to
Get the foot into a shoe and looks nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk lium

1/6thtoyz

Got mine today. Been waiting a long time for Alex. Martin exquisite job!!!🎃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk lium