Welly, welly, welly Alex Delarge Megostyle Figure

Started by Spock, September 15, 2015, 10:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spock

This month I would like to offer two Megostyle figures for your perusal. First up, and I hope you have eaten your eggywegs while listening to a bit of Ludvig Van I give you Alex DeLarge from the 1970s movie A Clockwork Orange. Expertly sculpted by Steve Thompson,and sure to make you start Singing in the Rain, the figure comes complete with hat and cane. One note though, the hat, although separate piece, is not removable to to potential damage to the paintwork underneath.
Full info at http://www.distinctivedummies.net/delarge.html

Item Specifics
Alex Delarge 8" Figure
Limited to 60
Custom Hand Made Clothing
Individually Hand Painted
Type S Bandless Body
Card Art by Ron Gearing
Likeness Sculpted by Steve Thompson

mjaycox

It makes all the malinky hairs on my plot stand end wise
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

Mord

Superb. Imagine if this had been on store shelves when the movie first came out. I would have to tell my parents that he was Steed from the Avengers to get them to buy me something from an R-rated movie (hey, he has a bowler).

Anton Phibes

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 15, 2015, 03:35:13 PM
This one gonna go in your collection Mord?
On the fence (as usual). I'm afraid that Alex will pop out of his blister and wreak havoc on my girlfriend & me (just like that one scene in the movie).

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on September 15, 2015, 03:38:11 PM
On the fence (as usual). I'm afraid that Alex will pop out of his blister and wreak havoc on my girlfriend & me (just like that one scene in the movie).

Uhm---don't sit the fence long. That's all I'm sayin'. :-X

scarey1scd

Do you know where you are, Bartolome? I'll tell you where you are. You are about to enter Hell, Bartolome, HELL!...

horrorhunter

Ordered.

Wouldn't want to have to visit evilBay for this one.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

1/6thtoyz

Love this figure. Ordered. Love to see a 12" too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk lium

mjaycox

Was I right Martin???? Did it , as I predicted, sell out faster than any other figure??!!
     -The Two Jakes

mjaycox

Quote from: 1/6thtoyz on September 15, 2015, 05:47:37 PM
Love this figure. Ordered. Love to see a 12" too

Two 12" Hot Toys- style figures of Alex have been released. The better of the two, IMO, was released by CRM toys over 10 years ago, and was called "Crime Cure Boy". It took me forever to find one as they are crazy rare. This is one of the prizes of my collection. It was one of the most expensive figures I had ever bought at that time in my life.

Ok, here you go. A 12" figure whose principal interests are rape (of my wallet), ultraviolence (against my account), and Ludwig (costs as much as a mini-Van) Beethoven!

Matt
     -The Two Jakes

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: mjaycox on September 16, 2015, 01:14:16 AM
Two 12" Hot Toys- style figures of Alex have been released. The better of the two, IMO, was released by CRM toys over 10 years ago, and was called "Crime Cure Boy". It took me forever to find one as they are crazy rare. This is one of the prizes of my collection. It was one of the most expensive figures I had ever bought at that time in my life.

Ok, here you go. A 12" figure whose principal interests are rape (of my wallet), ultraviolence (against my account), and Ludwig (costs as much as a mini-Van) Beethoven!

Matt
Matt,
  This figure is awesome. If DD made a 12" it would be a home run. I've seen your figure before and seen some accessories that was made too. I can't remember what it was. I believed it came with a milk bar woman too and other accessories too.
  Thanks for sharing

Mord

Wow, what a winning streak for DD. Congrats, Martin.

Joseph_Baeza

Martin, as a famous Clint once said, you've "made my day!"  2 Steve Thompson gems in one day!  Just awesome stuff!  Glad to see both were hits.