Author Topic: Universal Steve (the site) turns 16 today!  (Read 867 times)

Universal Steve

• Sergeant
  • There are far worse things awaiting man than death
    • Universal Steve
Universal Steve (the site) turns 16 today!
« on: September 01, 2015, 01:35:36 AM »
Year 16 is beginning today.  I can't believe I was 43 when I started it and now I am 59.  I was able to create a new home page and put a cool song on it so turn up the speakers!  I was supposed to add a new section and I have it built but my webhost made some changes and I am not able to put video on it to complete. I am working on it and hope to have the issue resolved soon.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
  • They're dead...they're all messed up.
Re: Universal Steve (the site) turns 16 today!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 09:59:55 AM »
Thanks for the cool place to hang out and talk about monster stuff Steve!  :)

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:02:45 PM »
Congrats! I'd swear your 15th was just a couple of months ago? Time sure flies! :)

CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Flower

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 01:21:03 PM »
And you don't look a day over ten.

Congrats ..  8)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Universal Steve

• Sergeant
  • There are far worse things awaiting man than death
    • Universal Steve
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 09:24:11 PM »
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. It's replies like these that keeps me going and thinking it is still worthwhile. I can't imagine stopping but I don't want to wear out my welcome if you will. If I could impose on you about the site for a minute, I would like to share a little behind the scenes peek at what is going on.  It appears that my webhost has updated their software and now it looks like my clips might not work.  I will have to do a lot of converting of files. This also stopped me from adding my new section for the anniversary, The Invisible Ray. I couldn't get the clips to publish. The new software they installed (without warning me) will let everyone view everything on my site on both desktops and laptops and maybe even phones. Right now my clips can only be seen on desktops as far as I know.  I am talking to them now to see how I can get these issues they created resolved. If they can and every device will be able to see everything, that would be a good thins but a lot of work. Bad timing on their part kinda ruined my  16th anniversary. If I can get things changed over a redone, I am going to rename the site Universal Steve 2.0 which will tip everyone that I have successfully updated the site. This will definitely hinder my ability to add something for awhile. As it is I usually only have time to add things 3 times a year. It could be worth it for everyone everywhere to see everything I have to show. Wish me luck!  OH THE PAIN!!!
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
  • They're dead...they're all messed up.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 10:23:53 AM »
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. It's replies like these that keeps me going and thinking it is still worthwhile. I can't imagine stopping but I don't want to wear out my welcome if you will. If I could impose on you about the site for a minute, I would like to share a little behind the scenes peek at what is going on.  It appears that my webhost has updated their software and now it looks like my clips might not work.  I will have to do a lot of converting of files. This also stopped me from adding my new section for the anniversary, The Invisible Ray. I couldn't get the clips to publish. The new software they installed (without warning me) will let everyone view everything on my site on both desktops and laptops and maybe even phones. Right now my clips can only be seen on desktops as far as I know.  I am talking to them now to see how I can get these issues they created resolved. If they can and every device will be able to see everything, that would be a good thins but a lot of work. Bad timing on their part kinda ruined my  16th anniversary. If I can get things changed over a redone, I am going to rename the site Universal Steve 2.0 which will tip everyone that I have successfully updated the site. This will definitely hinder my ability to add something for awhile. As it is I usually only have time to add things 3 times a year. It could be worth it for everyone everywhere to see everything I have to show. Wish me luck!  OH THE PAIN!!!

Good luck Steve! I'm sure everyone on these boards appreciate your efforts!  :)