Night Stalker Megostyle Twin Pack

Started by Spock, August 10, 2015, 02:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Yes indeedy....I did the Stalker in the 2 pack. Janos 2.0 is by these claws,lol. Compliment recognized and received. I know you love me ;),lol. I just chimed in with an off the wall commentary as I have done many a time,lol.

I just escaped from my basement lair to go to the post office. Just finished another project for "the master", and its on his way to him now,lol. I start a new project this weekend and then 2 more shortly after that. I'm loving this monster making for the good Doctor. >:D >:D

Dr Wolfenstein

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 11, 2015, 09:09:11 PM

I'm loving this monster making for the good Doctor. >:D >:D

Me too! Just wish I could sculpt quicker.Can't wait to get my figures.Great work on the paintwork Anton.

Gab

Mord

Quote from: Dr Wolfenstein on August 11, 2015, 09:54:33 PM
  Me too! Just wish I could sculpt quicker.Can't wait to get my figures.Great work on the paintwork Anton.

Gab
No, Gab, take your time. The work you're doing is phenomenal. Don't rush anything. You and Rich have really opened new doors for DD. Keep up the great work.

raycastile

Quote from: Spock on August 11, 2015, 09:08:31 AM
Seems there was a glitch with this months mailing list. Thanks for letting me know. I have resent it and if you could let me know if this time it came through
Many Thanks

The second email came through for me.
Raymond Castile

Type3Toys

So, am I the only one here who had to watch The Night Stalker and Night Strangler again to ease the wait for these figures to arrive?

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on August 11, 2015, 10:28:38 PM
No, Gab, take your time. The work you're doing is phenomenal. Don't rush anything. You and Rich have really opened new doors for DD. Keep up the great work.

Aw shucks, Mordy, lol. ;) Thanks bro.  Gab really is a great sculptor. His Cesare was a dream to paint. I have seen a sneak of some of his upcoming items. Beyond amazing, lemme tell ya!

Type3: I have watched the entire Kolchak series twice over now....ever since I started painting the Janos heads. You are not alone, brother,lol.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Type3Toys on August 12, 2015, 01:20:20 AM
So, am I the only one here who had to watch The Night Stalker and Night Strangler again to ease the wait for these figures to arrive?

I watched both of them for the first time yesterday and really liked them. I think I might like The Night Stalker better. ;D

thm

Anton Phibes

Quote from: the_horror_man on August 12, 2015, 01:35:01 AM
I watched both of them for the first time yesterday and really liked them. I think I might like The Night Stalker better. ;D

thm

I liked the Stalker better too. Strangler wasn't a slacker....but it did send itself up a bit. The tv series is hit and miss. Some of them are great (Like the Raksasha episode) and some of them make you go, uhm....those effects looked like something off of Sesame Street. But McGavin carried that show.

I just learned the reason the show only went one season was because McGavin thought it became "dumbed down" and too "Monster of the week" without Richard Matheson being involved.

But I also heard it was because of ratings drops compared to the movies. Whatever the reason---it clearly influenced tv for years to come. Namely with X-Files. ;)

horrorhunter

This 2-pack is a must-have. The Strangler figure is nice, but I'm still on the fence about it. It's tough to afford more than two DD figures per month.

The Night Stalker is the best made-for-TV movie in history. The Night Strangler is very good but I think it had too much to live up to as a sequel to Stalker. I love every episode of the series, and it's a shame it only ran twenty. Some episodes are excellent and some are only good, but all are fun thanks to the characters.

Kolchak is a Monsterkid icon. Darren McGavin was as good as it gets in that role. He elevated the movies and series to excellence.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Type3Toys

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 12, 2015, 01:45:09 AM
I liked the Stalker better too. Strangler wasn't a slacker....but it did send itself up a bit. The tv series is hit and miss. Some of them are great (Like the Raksasha episode) and some of them make you go, uhm....those effects looked like something off of Sesame Street. But McGavin carried that show.

I just learned the reason the show only went one season was because McGavin thought it became "dumbed down" and too "Monster of the week" without Richard Matheson being involved.

But I also heard it was because of ratings drops compared to the movies. Whatever the reason---it clearly influenced tv for years to come. Namely with X-Files. ;)

I loved both of the movies and go back and forth between which one I like most. Even the music was fantastic by Cobert. Some of the tv show episodes could have been movie worthy too. Namely, The Zombie, The Werewolf, The Sentry just to name a few.

Spock

Anton Phibes

Man---2 days and gone! Fangtastic!

Apparently these two packs are appealing to fans! First Fright Night sells out, now Kolchak. If I am not mistaken---Kolchak may have gone faster....! Now bring on Mother's Corpse and Norman Bates from Psycho, lol. >:D >:D

the_horror_man

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 12, 2015, 07:22:56 PM
Man---2 days and gone! Fangtastic!

Apparently these two packs are appealing to fans! First Fright Night sells out, now Kolchak. If I am not mistaken---Kolchak may have gone faster....! Now bring on Mother's Corpse and Norman Bates from Psycho, lol. >:D >:D

I would order a mother Bates and Norman 2 pack in a second. Also, I have a feeling that it would set a DD record for fastest sell out. I think right now the records go to The Shining and Taxi Driver for selling out in 48 hours. Now I guess we can add this Stalker 2 pack to the list. However, I think The Psycho 2 pack would be gone within 24 hours. I am really hoping this Psycho 2 pack happens.

thm

Mord

Quote from: the_horror_man on August 12, 2015, 07:39:35 PM
I would order a mother Bates and Norman 2 pack in a second.
You would have to. Two seconds would be too late, the way things are going.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on August 12, 2015, 07:44:19 PM
You would have to. Two seconds would be too late, the way things are going.

I am so on board with a Mrs Bates and Norman 2 pack, I am going on record reserving my copy now. Yup, that's right, reserving my copy of an item that doesn't even exist yet. This post has the date on it so it is some what official. ;D Perhaps Anton can use his influence to make this happen and hopefully soon. ;D

thm