im new looking for answers

Started by kissicons78, July 27, 2015, 02:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

kissicons78

You can view pics as they go up on ebay-- be looking out for 3 of the DD figures on tonite around 8pm central time-- surely nobody thinks I'm B.S-ing----- if I mentioned it I got most of it  but some other lucky ppl got some of the good stuff on 1st day-- and some of it is already on ebay now-- not sure how to do the 22" creature yet-- its still in box-- huge pkg-- idunno yet--lol

Mike Scott

Quote from: kissicons78 on July 27, 2015, 11:35:46 PM
-- surely nobody thinks I'm B.S-ing-----

No, we just like to see pics of people's stuff! The place is polluted with them!

Your ebay name is kissicons2
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 28, 2015, 01:46:41 AM
No, we just like to see pics of people's stuff! The place is polluted with them!

Your ebay name is kissicons2

Polluted? For shame, Sir Michael. That would imply that all of our goodies are refuse,lol. Perhaps " pleasurably surrounded by" is a better expression. :angel: After all, you remember what Creechie did when those pesky humans polluted his lagoon with cigarette butts and such. ;D ;D ;)

Spock

Horrible crime! Just hope one of the DD figures wasn't used as a murder weapon. I would be interested to know the location on the sale so I can see if I can work out who it was

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 28, 2015, 01:58:44 AM
Perhaps "pleasurably surrounded by" is a better expression.

I guess that would have been nicer.   :laugh:
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Spock on July 28, 2015, 02:19:10 AM
Horrible crime! Just hope one of the DD figures wasn't used as a murder weapon. I would be interested to know the location on the sale so I can see if I can work out who it was

The eBay auctions originate from Missouri. 

John Pertwee

I love and hate stories like this. I just wonder what goodies were to be had on day one...

aura of foreboding

I don't know...  If it were a really icky crime, I don't think I'd buy the items anyway.  Bad juju and what not.  It's superstitious, I suppose, but I don't need any item that badly for any price.  More for y'all!   

Mord

I'll take 'em as long as they aren't bloodstained.

Anton Phibes

I cant even handle an item that has been exposed to smoke or excessive food odors,lol. So---I'm gonna side with Aura on this one. I like my monsters fake.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on July 28, 2015, 04:35:07 AM
I'll take 'em as long as they aren't bloodstained.

I am inclined to agree here. I would like to see great items re homed. These DD figures should go to people who greatly appreciate them. Just because they were in someone's collection who ended up having severe issues, doesn't mean they should be lost some where.

thm

the_horror_man

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 28, 2015, 04:46:00 AM
I cant even handle an item that has been exposed to smoke or excessive food odors,lol. So---I'm gonna side with Aura on this one. I like my monsters fake.

We are in the same boat I think. I cannot be around smoke smelling items due to allergies. Many times I will message sellers before I buy to find out about the smoke issue. However, I explain that the inquiry is not about a matter of inconvenience or annoyance with the smell. It is a health issue. 99% of sellers are understanding and will allow a return if the item arrives and there are smoke smelling issues. This sort of restores my faith in humanity a little bit. :D

thm

kissicons78

ok guys-- I'm gonna lay this out for ya-- the crime from what I'm told was not even in the residence of where these collectibles were-- relatives were granted possession of the home and contents in the residence since he had lived there although it wasn't his home--there was a will from within family that linked the person who inherited it all, it was a legal battle on the contents that eventually was won by the gentleman I got the stuff from- therefore they needed to sell the home-- cuz he already had his life and his own place to live established-- does that clarify anything---?

raycastile

As long as nothing glows under a black light, I'd say the toys are fine. If I worried about the morality of the people who used to own the collectibles I buy, I'd have to leave the hobby. Now, if the seller is someone I don't like (whether they be a murderer or just a SOB), that does tend to discourage me from buying an item. I don't want to put money in the pocket of someone I don't like.
Raymond Castile