Author Topic: Can anyone contribute a pic of the 1979 18-inch Kenner ALIEN Figure to my book?  (Read 1011 times)

James Burrell

• Private First Class
Hi all,

I'm getting down to the wire with the horror toy and collectibles book, and I've run into a tiny bit of a snag. I am just wondering if there is anyone here who owns the original, 1979 18-inch Kenner ALIEN figure in complete, undamaged condition (including the clear dome on the head) and would be able to please contribute one or two high res photos of it - preferably with its original box - to my book? A scan of the Kenner catalogue containing the ad for the ALIEN figure would also work well.

I can provide photo credit and an acknowledgment in the book. The only thing is that I would likely need the photo within the next couple of days. Is there anyone who could help with this?

Thanks very much!

-James
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 03:08:53 AM by James Burrell »

Sir Masksalot

• Corporal

'Better late than never >

I hadn't seen it posted before but that is the enclosure that came in the box with my figure. I also haven't seen
Mr Burrell's book. How is it? Did he find the photos he needed in time for publication?

Doh!

• Sergeant
I have one of these, too! I also missed this post 5 years ago. In my defense, however, I don't believe I was a member here when this was requested.

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 09:31:14 AM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
There's one small kind of dark photo of the Kenner ALIEN in the book.

I sent dozens of photos of Creature items (at the author's request) and only 2 made it into the book.  :(
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Palifan

• Sergeant
I've got that book somewhere although I can't remember if it was all that great. Time for a hunt!

Ian

Hepcat

• Sergeant
Yes, please do a quick review of the book for the rest of us! I'd like to know whether the book focuses more on certain decades or types of toys, what as a UMA member you might regard as omissions, that kind of thing.

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
I'd like to know whether the book focuses more on certain decades or types of toys . .

It's every decade and any movie monster (though heavy on Universal) and all typs of collectibles.

. . what as a UMA member you might regard as omissions, that kind of thing.

Obviously, it doesn't include everything, so it's pretty subjective what's regarded as omissions.
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Palifan

• Sergeant
Beat me to it but I'll dig it out and give it a flick through  :D

Ian

Sir Masksalot

• Corporal
Here's the book:

:o Oh of course I know that book. I thought Mr Burrell had written one about "Alien" collectibles only. Thanks, Hepcat.

Doh!

• Sergeant
Looks like a fun book!