Author Topic: The things we don't know what to do with...  (Read 6231 times)

Splitty

• Corporal
Re: The things we don't know what to do with...
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 03:58:57 AM »
My biggest thing isn't near as cool as the other stuff here, but I'm still scratching my head as to where to put it.

It's a huge standee I picked up at swap meet recently.  Two sided (both sides!) cardboard with quarter inch foam between. It's like 40" tall. No way to hang or attach it, no date. (did I mention I'm NEVER selling him?!).
Nearly every acceptable inch of my small cave is taken up.... so it's safely stored behind a cabinet. :(
I was thinking about putting it above my bed ...but that could be weird.  ;D

That's the Hasbro 12" Creature figure for scale next to him:

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 04:04:44 AM »
That's from Blockbuster, very late '90s or even 2000, I can't remember. I understand the storage issue. Let us know what you cook up.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Dr. Madd

• Sergeant
  • Maker of Monsters
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 05:33:33 AM »
A lifesized wooden pillory .
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 06:00:49 AM »
Wow, cool standee!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Unknown Primate

• Sergeant
  • Legend of Wildcat Creek
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 03:36:48 PM »
So cool, but a bummer you can't display it!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Sly Wolf

• Corporal
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 08:25:45 AM »
Some six big Random posters that I really don't know what to do with it in my parents' house during the summer break and they have really seriously have LIMITED blank walls! There are NEVER any other posters hanged up around at all.

luckily I was albe to put five posters up in my dorm this year...

Highlights of my favorite posters are Vertigo, and Fantastic Mr. Fox (this one is really HUGE, and it's a "coming soon" DVD retail poster version)...

still, so clueless on what to put them in my parents' house... Luckily I only go there on holiday breaks for short time, so I end up carefully put one big poster in a place that won't get crushed and it's really HARD I tell you! To find a safe place for it.
Collecting? It's what I do!

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 01:10:52 PM »

I have 3 or 4 large Pepsi Halloween promotional cardboard cutouts/standees that take up too much room to be displayed, but are too cool to give up.

ADAM

neonnoodle

• Sergeant
  • Horror Express
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 12:36:57 AM »
I have a thing for those Pepsi displays...for some reason it is so sweet to see the monsters coupled with a popular brand name like that...just has a nice feeling.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Splitty

• Corporal
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »
That's from Blockbuster, very late '90s or even 2000, I can't remember. I understand the storage issue. Let us know what you cook up.
I think I forgot to say thank you for the info! I really wanted to know where it came from.  I figured it was a local store display somewhere... Blockbuster of course!

I'm thinking once I get my Universal Monsters shelf in, I can hook it to the ceiling above it. Hoping anyway.

Unknown Primate

• Sergeant
  • Legend of Wildcat Creek
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »
My biggest thing isn't near as cool as the other stuff here, but I'm still scratching my head as to where to put it.

It's a huge standee I picked up at swap meet recently.  Two sided (both sides!) cardboard with quarter inch foam between. It's like 40" tall. No way to hang or attach it, no date. (did I mention I'm NEVER selling him?!).
Nearly every acceptable inch of my small cave is taken up.... so it's safely stored behind a cabinet. :(
I was thinking about putting it above my bed ...but that could be weird.  ;D

That's the Hasbro 12" Creature figure for scale next to him:

I'll send you my address.   ;D
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Splitty

• Corporal
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »
heh heh.

Hmmmm.... how the heck WOULD I ship that thing?  Let's hope I never have to find out.  ;D

Dr. Madd

• Sergeant
  • Maker of Monsters
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 09:22:17 PM »
A five foot animatronic Monster and a Wooden stocks.
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2015, 09:49:45 PM »
A Creature poster so big I can't hang it. It's 88" X 48"!

I will leave it rolled up in the mailing tube until someday I may be able to safely hang it.. somewhere. This thing is beautiful, and I'm still pleased to have it, but I just can't display it. I ordered it from Drive-In Moonlite Movies. The guy sent me a certificate of authenticity (mine is #2) and three fridge magnets, one for each of the Creature flicks, as bonuses. I have all of those displayed, just not the poster.  ;D

I have door posters up of Vampirella and the Jack Davis Frankenstein, but those seem tiny compared to that Creature poster. I used clips, small nails, and strips of poster-board, to hang the door posters without damaging them. I could use the same method to hang the Creature poster if I had the room. It may sound weird, but I'm still glad I bought it.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2015, 10:35:59 PM »
I've got one of these pinball machine side cabinet decals and don't have wall space for something half that big, so it's in a tube in the closet. Not sellin' it, though. The smaller decal of the scratching claw is on the wall.

CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Wich2

• Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2015, 08:49:09 AM »
Elder, it's not Monster related, but...

Tucked in a very dusty corner of my bedroom, behind a file cabinet, is an old wooden cover for a full-sized organ pipe.

I helped move and rebuild the vintage instrument in our church's former building, and just haven't been able to part with it...

-Craig