The things we don't know what to do with...

Started by typhooforme, December 16, 2007, 01:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

typhooforme

This seemed like a great idea at the time.  This is a foam coelacanth used in a MONSTER ON CAMPUS skit at the last Wonderfest.  Bob Burns and Frank Dietz and the rest of the cast signed its fins for me--it's a hilarious looking critter, as you can see.  And it fit in the Blazer.  Didn't have to leave my cousin Tim's 10 yr old son Alex in Louisville in order to haul it home.  But once I got it in the downstairs room, the Dungeon, it seemed to be far bigger than it was in Louisville.  It's about 6 ft long!  lol  This shows it as it looked when I first took it down there and just plopped it down.  Now it's...well, it's on the other side of the room.  And boy, does it take up space!  I love it, but....

What have YOU got that is too big to display, but you can't bear to part with it?
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

poseablemonster

I won one of the monster masks from that skit in the charity auction last year.  Pretty cool fish, but it sure is big!

kolchak4ever

Now that's cool!  I  don't know where I'd put something like that. Maybe build a coffee table and put it inside. It could great people when they come over. At least once. lol

Dale
A day without sunshine is like,
"Night". Steve Martin

Gary D Macabre

After Expo '86 in Vancouver I just about got a steel backed picture of the Millennium Falcon.  Kicker is it was 12 feet by 20 feet.  In retrospect I'm really glad I had to pass it up because I couldn't get it home.
Gary D. Macabre
Phantom of the UMA lounge

poseablemonster

I have a huge Godzilla sign from the Toy Fair display in the early 90's that's been taking up space in my basement for years. 

typhooforme

Hee hee hee.  This all makes me feel MUCH better now.  Misery (and lunacy) loves company.  I once had the chance to buy the heavily decorated grand piano (no guts in it) that was used as set decoration in LAURA with Vincent Price, Dana Andrews, et al.  I measured the available space in the living room, and found that there was exactly enough room for it--but there would be no more space to walk.  You'd have to crawl under the damn'd thing to get from one side of the room to the other.  lol  I felt perhaps I'd better pass on getting this prop (no guts in me, either!).   I still think I coulda managed SOMEhow.
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

Gary D Macabre

My wife says she can sympathise.  She has this thing that's large and messy and somedays she wonders what the heck was she tinking.  But you know I look around the room and have no idea what she's talking about.  Perhaps the Kitchen table???   ;D
Gary D. Macabre
Phantom of the UMA lounge

typhooforme

Something large & messy, huh?  Takes up space.  Occasional bad smells, makes noises?  Really out of date?  Yep, my cuz Sara says there's something like that in this house, too.
Robert in Ohio

A friend of mine gave me a few gigantic movie posters from the 70's of horror and sci fi I like, I thought the gesture was so wonderful that I could never sell them but on the other hand, I haven't room for them in my townhouse.

The Phantom Creep

Oh man now here's something I can relate to.

Let's see things that won't fit in the house..... hmmmm....

KISS pinball machine

KRONOS linen backed six sheet poster

4 vintage Sideshow Freak banners by Snap Wyatt, these things are the real deal and they are freakin' huge! I'll never be able to display any of them.

A 40" x 60" lobby display cabinet thing from an old theater in Dallas, Tx. It's probably from the 40's or so and it's beautiful but it won't fit anywhere.

I just recently got an old iron and wood turnstile from I'm guessing the 30's (?) that came out of a movie theater in north Georgia. Right now it's sitting in the middle of our kitchen.

7 or 8 original theater chairs from the Lowes Grand Theater here in Atlanta where Gone With the Wind premiered

Some old signs I rescued out of a shut down drive-in theater somewhere in Mississippi

Everything else that's in my storage spaces

Hey thanks for reminding me about all of this!!
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

typhooforme

Turnstile in the kitchen?  40x60 cabinet? (it sounds GREAT)  Snap Wyatt freakshow banners! (I collect 19th and early 20th century "freak" cdv's and cabinet cards!)  You have wonderful stuff--and I can see how there'd be a space problem.   I have no room to complain about my lack of space.  Well....I have no room.  Period! 
Robert in Ohio

The Phantom Creep

Yeah all hope is lost for me.
So if that coelacanth needs a home, send him on down! ;)

I'm sure most all of us on here have this same problem. I'm slowly trying to weed out the stuff I don't really need. It's not going well...
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

marsattacks666

Quote from: poseablemonster on December 16, 2007, 05:14:45 AM
I have a huge Godzilla sign from the Toy Fair display in the early 90's that's been taking up space in my basement for years.

I woul totally like to see a picture of the sign. If you still
have the Godzilla sign?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

jimm

That KRONOS poster sounds awesome as does the 'ZILLA sign!

Unknown Primate

Sorry to hear these are so hard to display, because all this stuff sounds AWESOME!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "