A couple new sculpts!!

Started by kreaturekid, December 08, 2008, 07:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharis

Quote from: raycastile on December 09, 2008, 09:31:50 AM
They are both wonderful sculpts, but I especially like the Lobo.  He looks like he could have been an Aurora Monsters of the Movies kit.

My thoughts exactly!  Exceptional work.
Bringing terror and death across 4,000 years!

joy and tom studios

Nice work! You are fortunate to be hooked up with John Tucky and Xofacto. We have been doing work for him for years now and he is one of the best people in the hobby. The last time I spoke with him he spoke highly of your work. It's easy to see why.

Scary Terry

Hey -- what happened to my comment -- I swear I posted something yesterday... ?

Anyhow -- what I said was that the Lobo is your best work so far.  The likeness is dead on -- it's a great pose -- and the whole design is very cool.  Great work!  Too bad my budget won't stretch far enough right now for me to buy one...!
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

HMAEA

Fantastic sculpts, KK!

Take care,

E.A.
"I like parades, but this one is different."

kreaturekid

Thanks again guys!! thanks for takin the time to check my stuff out. Roebuck thanks so much man!! I'm glad you guys like the tor, that was one iv been wanting to do for a long time. now all i want to do is a Lugosi to go along with him.

The sculpting process is pretty easy. You start off with a wire armature and wrap it in aluminum foil.

these are really the only tools i ever use lol

then you just start putting the clay on. I use supper sculpy firm. you can get it at any hobby shop.

then smoothing and details. This is an in-progress sculpt. Sculpting is all about layering.  on this sculpt, ill sculpt the shirt and pants than cook it, and after its hard ill add a jacket on top of it. if you sculpt it all at once its alot hard to work.

then after its all done, you take a saw to it and cut up the parts for molding. hope this answers any of your questions. thanks again guys. Adam
Adam Dougherty

facebook.com/kreaturekid

poseablemonster

You make it look easy, Adam - just like watching Clapton or Hendrix play the guitar!  It seems so effortless until you try it!  You've got the gift, bro.

BTW...your little pot-bellied Creature from the Black Lagoon I got from you at Wonderfest is one of the most popular items I have on display.  People LOVE that thing!  Most everyone that comes to see my collection makes a positive comment about it.

Gareee

What's the creature look like? wasn't a pic of him posted earlier this summer?

kreaturekid

haha thanks so much man!, Your gona love the next supper deformed monsters in that series!!! heres a pic of the creature

Adam Dougherty

facebook.com/kreaturekid

Gareee

I don't think I ever saw him! How much is he, and how large is he?

poseablemonster

That's the one!  I really wanted Adam's painted up display at Wonderfest, so at the end of the show he was kind enough to sell it to me.  It's one of my favorites.

kreaturekid

haha glad you like him man! He's about 6in tall. Im actually not produceing them anymore. But at next wonderfest they will be for sale(not from me) as boxed, prepaints, and they will also have a base for desplay, and they will be really freakin cheap!  ;D
Adam Dougherty

facebook.com/kreaturekid

Kenneth

Thanks for the 1-2-3 steps to sculpting! I am going to whip up some monsters tonight.......in my dreams!!! Lovin that little froggy creech too!!!

Gareee

Thing is, many of us never go to wonderfest, so I'll never get one that way. Plus, I always prefer to do my own pant jobs. Ah well.. maybe I can have someone pick one up for me next year when they go.

poseablemonster

Here's my Pot-Bellied Creature in his natural habitat:

Gareee