How cool would Hot Toys Universal Monsters be?

Started by Trap-Door Maker, April 18, 2015, 11:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trap-Door Maker

For those of you who own or have seen anything from Hot Toys, you're aware that these are pieces of art. Flawless sculpting and awesome innovation (articulated/poseable eyeballs???). Anyway, I just read an interview with a Hot Toys' master sculptor, and the first image shown is of him sculpting a life-size Karloff Bride Of Frankenstein bust. This got me thinking how awesome Uni Monsters figures would be if created by Hot Toys! One can only dream...

http://www.figures.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74032

Count Zachula

Would be really awesome! But then I would feel bad for having the Sideshow 12 inches.

Mord

Quote from: Count Zachula on April 19, 2015, 12:04:45 AM
Would be really awesome! But then I would feel bad for having the Sideshow 12 inches.
Don't feel bad. The Sideshows are still great at 1/6 the price of Hot Toys. As big of a Universal collector as I am, I might pass up on a $250 12" Frankenstein/Dracula/Wolfman.

aura of foreboding

I would have to invest in the Big 8.  They would be too amazing to pass on. 

Anton Phibes

I would find a way. Particularly if they made a screen accurate Wolfman a nice Lugosi Dracula and a Kharis Mummy.

But they would probably only do Frankenstein and Dracula. :angel:

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 19, 2015, 01:21:01 PM
I would find a way. Particularly if they made a screen accurate Wolfman a nice Lugosi Dracula and a Kharis Mummy.

But they would probably only do Frankenstein and Dracula. :angel:
Or none. They seem more inspired by contemporary movies heroes/villains.

raycastile

Perhaps they already tried with Universal and threw up their hands in disgust. I can't imagine Hot Toys putting up with any style guide nonsense, and I can't imagine Universal allowing anyone to make monster toys that actually look good.
Raymond Castile

Mord

Anton Phibes

1/6thtoyz

Sculpt looks pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk lium

Anton Phibes

Just a word play. Imagine Lou Costello saying it from A&C meet Frankie. My non sequitur reference being that Hot Toys (and everyone else on the planet) is probably sick of dealing with Lugosi and/or Universal. Looking for ways to make things happen in spite of these two and not as a result of these two.  :angel:

Mord

Got it. The only good Universal product in the future will come from customizers, imo.

Type3Toys

Honestly, since we are doing a "what if" thing, I would rather have Distinctive Dummies 8" Universal Monsters. The 12" figures just take up WAY to much room to display.

Mord

Quote from: Type3Toys on April 20, 2015, 07:10:57 PM
Honestly, since we are doing a "what if" thing, I would rather have Distinctive Dummies 8" Universal Monsters. The 12" figures just take up WAY to much room to display.
Distinctive Dummies does not do that. They are now a pizza company.