The "HULK SMASH" Thread

Started by the_horror_man, April 13, 2015, 08:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_horror_man

1978 die cut jointed Hulk cardboard cut out. The Face Off Hulk closed mouth figure from the 2 pack is probably the closest to this image. However, I wouldn't mind seeing another figure released with this likeness.

thm

StyreneDude

Okay, you asked for it...here's my Hulk collection as of last year. Added some stuff since then but this is about 75% of what I have.

StyreneDude

StyreneDude

StyreneDude

And even more...Whew!  Okay that's all.

the_horror_man

Quote from: StyreneDude on April 16, 2015, 12:58:27 AM
Okay, you asked for it...here's my Hulk collection as of last year. Added some stuff since then but this is about 75% of what I have.

This is Awesome! Where do I begin. You have the Gentle Giant bookend statue. That is one of the greatest Hulk pieces ever made. Also, you have the die cast metal figure from the 70's. Not to mention the games and the cards. Wow!

thm

StyreneDude

Thanks Horror Man!  I have a superhero museum in my basement. I have equal amounts of stuff on Captain America, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Flash...pretty much all the DC and Marvel characters. My collection is in the thousands of pieces.
I've been over a year working on getting it all displayed and I'm still only half finished. It's taken me years to collect and is my lifelong dream.

I can't wait to be done and have people over to enjoy it with me. Sharing it is half the fun.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: StyreneDude on April 16, 2015, 01:22:27 AM
Thanks Horror Man!  I have a superhero museum in my basement. I have equal amounts of stuff on Captain America, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Flash...pretty much all the DC and Marvel characters. My collection is in the thousands of pieces.
I've been over a year working on getting it all displayed and I'm still only half finished. It's taken me years to collect and is my lifelong dream.

I can't wait to be done and have people over to enjoy it with me. Sharing it is half the fun.

This is just amazing stuff StyreneDude. I had a lot of the 70's pieces and I made the big mistake of selling most of it. I had a couple of those large plastic Hulk busts. If I remember correctly they were a bank. I had all the Mego figures. I love that you have one still on the blister card. Very cool. I vividly remember that large Mego figure that looks like he's wearing a karate shirt.  I remember even having a metal Hulk dinner tray. Remember this rubber guy? They made a large one that came in a box too but I couldn't find a pic and I had both of them. sigh. This thread is cool as more Hulk fans are coming out of the woodwork!  ;D

Get a load of this on eBay right now. A 1977 Ben Cooper Hulk costume complete!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-Ben-Cooper-Incredible-Hulk-Super-Hero-Costume-With-Ventilated-Mask-In-Box-/331521835123?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d303dc073

StyreneDude

^I still need both those pieces for my collection...LOL

Here's some original Hulk art I painted a few years back. It's 11x14 acrylic on canvas board.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: StyreneDude on April 16, 2015, 04:15:15 AM
^I still need both those pieces for my collection...LOL

Here's some original Hulk art I painted a few years back. It's 11x14 acrylic on canvas board.

Wow that's the spitting image Of Ferrigno Hulk! Very well done! I'm always amazed at the talent of UMA members. I was a big fan of the TV show and got to meet Lou at Wondercon just a couple of weeks ago.

StyreneDude

I had a very strange experience with Lou...I met him in 2001 and he was really nice, just incredibly gracious. Then I corresponded with him again a few years later and he was like a completely different person.
He was appearing at Monster Bash in Pittsburgh and I was talking with the promoters about loaning my entire collection to the show for a little Hulk museum to honor him. Lou got upset and threatened to cancel if I did it.

I have absolutely no idea why to this day. I thought he would love it. It really bummed me out.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: StyreneDude on April 16, 2015, 04:42:45 AM
I had a very strange experience with Lou...I met him in 2001 and he was really nice, just incredibly gracious. Then I corresponded with him again a few years later and he was like a completely different person.
He was appearing at Monster Bash in Pittsburgh and I was talking with the promoters about loaning my entire collection to the show for a little Hulk museum to honor him. Lou got upset and threatened to cancel if I did it.

I have absolutely no idea why to this day. I thought he would love it. It really bummed me out.

Wow, that's terrible! That would bum me out too. Why would he object to that? If not for the Hulk hardly anyone would even know who he is. Maybe he thought people would be more interested in your awesome collection than him. I'd like to say he took that picture with me because he's so nice but that pic cost me forty bucks!

the_horror_man

Quote from: StyreneDude on April 16, 2015, 04:42:45 AM

Your painting is phenomenal! As far as what happened with Ferrigno, that is a bit strange. I guess he must have his reasons.

thm

StyreneDude

Quote from: the_horror_man on April 16, 2015, 04:51:58 AM
Your painting is phenomenal! As far as what happened with Ferrigno, that is a bit strange. I guess he must have his reasons.

thm

Thanks!
As for Lou...Eh, I got over it. My wife said it was probably roid rage...we had a good laugh about it.

It's easy to forget sometimes celebrities are just people...they have good and bad days like the rest of us.

the_horror_man

This is the Disney store exclusive Hulk Unleashed with a custom paint job. I passed on the original figure. However when I saw this one, I thought it looked fantastic. Although the original figure was sort of accurate in regards to Marc Silvestri's work, I really care for the paint job on the figure. I think part of it is because I am such a fan of the old school, regular green skin and maroon or purple pants look, that other versions don't appeal to me that much.

thm