Author Topic: The "HULK SMASH" Thread  (Read 33949 times)

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
The "HULK SMASH" Thread
« on: April 13, 2015, 03:00:43 PM »

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
Re: The "HULK SMASH" Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 03:24:39 PM »
This thread was the idea of both Gory Glenn and myself. We are long time Hulk fans and thought we would create this thread. A thread by fans, for fans of one of the greatest comic book characters ever created. This thread started in a previous Hulk thread. You can see the thread here.

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=27523.0

The first item I would like to post is the Rage Cage Hulk figure from 1978. Still sealed in the package. He's very angry from being in the box for so long. See how he is banging on the front to get out. ;D

thm

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
  • They're dead...they're all messed up.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 03:49:45 PM »
Yes! What a great way to kick off the thread Horrorman! I remember these well. And the military finally developed a cardboard / cellophane combination that could contain the Hulk!  ;) And good thing we're over 5 years old otherwise we wouldn't be the right age to enjoy this.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 03:55:31 PM »
Yes! What a great way to kick off the thread Horrorman! I remember these well. And the military finally developed a cardboard / cellophane combination that could contain the Hulk!  ;) And good thing we're over 5 years old otherwise we wouldn't be the right age to enjoy this.

lol Yes, it is a special cardboard/cellophane that uses the Hulk's own force against him. However, this raises a question. If the Hulk is the strongest force there is, can he out power his own force?  ;D

thm

Dirtyhorse

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 07:17:43 PM »
  Here's a rare Hulk bust that I finished for a client.   

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 09:08:40 PM »
  Here's a rare Hulk bust that I finished for a client.   

Oh WOW! This is outstanding. We had talked about doing some custom Hulk work before. The last one potential item fell through, but I am hoping there will be another one at some point. I would love to have a custom Hulk painted by you.

thm

Dirtyhorse

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 09:30:13 PM »
Sure...no problem. Here's a massive Dale Keown style Hulk that I did.   

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 09:49:10 PM »
Those are both amazing Dirtyhorse! But I've come to expect nothing but the best from you. Outstanding!!

The back musculature on this one is incredible!! (pun intended)

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 10:23:07 PM »
At one time I had a large collection of Hulk toys from the 70's that would have been worth quite a bit today but like a knucklehead I sold most of it years ago so most of my collection now is from the 90's and later. One item I manged to save from the 70's is this Hulk mirror made in 1978. This particular illustration was used a lot on various Hulk merchandise at the time. I had to take the picture at an angle to avoid my reflection getting in the way.

Dirtyhorse

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 10:57:35 PM »
Thanks, guys. I used to do a ton of supehero kits as well as repaints of factory paint ups for clients.
I still do some superhero stuff but requests from my client base has transitioned over to SCI-FI, Horror and fantasy. I've done a ton of Hulk projects though. I've done red, grey and green Hulks. I've got a client who's sending me a Lou Ferrigno Hulk kit to do next month so the Hulk will always be a requested character for me, I guess.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 11:07:18 PM »
At one time I had a large collection of Hulk toys from the 70's that would have been worth quite a bit today but like a knucklehead I sold most of it years ago so most of my collection now is from the 90's and later. One item I manged to save from the 70's is this Hulk mirror made in 1978. This particular illustration was used a lot on various Hulk merchandise at the time. I had to take the picture at an angle to avoid my reflection getting in the way.

That's awesome. That is the look that will always be the true Hulk to me. There seems to be many great Hulk items that came out in 1978. Seems like the Sal Buscema version of the Hulk was very marketable.

This thread has taken off in a big way. So, let's keep that going. This is the largest Hulk action figure ever made. It is extremely rare. I believe it was made in Brazil. There are 3 different Hulks that I know of in this scale.  I believe all were made by the same company. None were made or produced in the US. I included the Face Off 8 inch Hulk figure and a coke can in the pics for a size reference.

thm

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 12:03:55 AM »
You keep surprising me Horrorman! You have some truly great Hulk collectables! :)

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 12:08:55 AM »
Thanks, guys. I used to do a ton of supehero kits as well as repaints of factory paint ups for clients.
I still do some superhero stuff but requests from my client base has transitioned over to SCI-FI, Horror and fantasy. I've done a ton of Hulk projects though. I've done red, grey and green Hulks. I've got a client who's sending me a Lou Ferrigno Hulk kit to do next month so the Hulk will always be a requested character for me, I guess.

Please post pics when you're done with that Ferrigno kit. I've seen pics of it and with one of your paint jobs it will be amazing!!

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 02:39:41 PM »
Santa Hulk is coming to town. ;D

thm

Dirtyhorse

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »
Now that's a take on the Hulk that I've never seen.