Your Top 3 to the Grave

Started by the_horror_man, March 27, 2015, 02:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Zachula

This was hard and my choices will probably change over time...but apologies if my picks aren't very monster related.

Light up Hedorah X plus 30cm.

Kidrobot Gorillaz figures, I count these as one.

My Musical Jolly Chimp, came with the box, the tag and SURPRISE, he's in perfect working condition. Mickey hat and cigarette added by me.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Count Zachula on April 05, 2015, 07:39:15 PM
This was hard and my choices will probably change over time...but apologies if my picks aren't very monster related.

Light up Hedorah X plus 30cm.

Kidrobot Gorillaz figures, I count these as one.

My Musical Jolly Chimp, came with the box, the tag and SURPRISE, he's in perfect working condition. Mickey hat and cigarette added by me.

Awesome! A fellow Kaiju fan. There don't seem to be many large monster lovers here. Godzilla is one of my all time favorites. The Hedorah figure is awesome. Speaking of, this is my CCP Hedorah. The figure is not painted, the vinyl is made like that. The companies logo is in the eyes. Also, he comes with the smog tower.

thm

raycastile

The concept of "taking something to the grave" means nothing to me. I'm not a pharaoh. I don't expect anything but oblivion beyond this life. But if there is life after death, I suspect I will have more important things on my ethereal mind than monster collectibles.

Raymond Castile

Mord

I really don't think the "top 3 to your grave" was meant to be taken literally. I think the poster just wanted to know are 3 all time favorites.

Mike Scott

Quote from: raycastile on April 05, 2015, 11:59:24 PM
But if there is life after death, I suspect I will have more important things on my ethereal mind than monster collectibles.

Nonstop partying!! Wooooooo!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

the_horror_man

Quote from: raycastile on April 05, 2015, 11:59:24 PM
The concept of "taking something to the grave" means nothing to me. I'm not a pharaoh. I don't expect anything but oblivion beyond this life. But if there is life after death, I suspect I will have more important things on my ethereal mind than monster collectibles.

This thread is for fun.

Quote from: Mord on April 06, 2015, 12:22:27 AM
I really don't think the "top 3 to your grave" was meant to be taken literally. I think the poster just wanted to know are 3 all time favorites.

Correct ;D

thm

Count Zachula

Horror Man, that's a kick ass Hedorah! I love Kaiju as well, though my collection is small but slowly growing. Gamera is my favorite.

What if we changed the name of this thread to "Top 3 to be stranded on a desert island with"

raycastile

How about "top three favorite monster toys?" Or the last three toys in your collection that you would ever sell? Or, if the toy genie could grant you three additions to your collection, what would they be?
Raymond Castile

the_horror_man

Quote from: raycastile on April 06, 2015, 08:34:31 PM
How about "top three favorite monster toys?" Or the last three toys in your collection that you would ever sell? Or, if the toy genie could grant you three additions to your collection, what would they be?

I think I'll keep it "to the grave". It has that The Vault of Horror and Tales from The Crypt (1972) vibe to it. ;D

thm

ChrisW

OK THM, here's three that go into the box:

King Zor
Aurora Wolf Man (The built up from my childhood)
Either Polar Lights Wolf Man (First model kit I did box art for) or Moebius Invisible Man (kit I designed)

And I might find a corner for FMoF 8 (13 Ghosts) or 32 (Model Custominzing Contest results)

Fun thread!

the_horror_man

Quote from: ChrisW on April 07, 2015, 06:06:18 PM
OK THM, here's three that go into the box:

King Zor
Aurora Wolf Man (The built up from my childhood)
Either Polar Lights Wolf Man (First model kit I did box art for) or Moebius Invisible Man (kit I designed)

And I might find a corner for FMoF 8 (13 Ghosts) or 32 (Model Custominzing Contest results)

Fun thread!

All great items. No pics?

thm

Anton Phibes

Impossible to limit my favorites to a mere 3. Esp. when this single set consists of 5. ;) ;D

Palifan

Well that's 5 lovely looking monsters there Anton, beautiful set!

Ian

Hepcat

Quote from: raycastile on April 06, 2015, 08:34:31 PMHow about "top three favorite monster toys?" Or the last three toys in your collection that you would ever sell?

I'm still going with my previous selections:

Quote from: Hepcat on April 04, 2015, 02:08:52 PM
Okay. Here are the three monster toys/collectibles I'd take on my round-the-word cruise where I'd end up marooned on a desert island:

1. Aurora Bride of Frankenstein

2. Aurora Mummy

3. Revell Brother Rat Fink

I built all of these kits as a kid so they all have special meaning for me.

My alternate would be my Standard Plastics Products Mummy-Dracula wallet:

Were it complete with the original cards, it would perhaps be my number #1.

Although I might choose the Revell Rat Fink instead of the Brother Rat Fink....

Quote from: raycastile on April 06, 2015, 08:34:31 PMOr, if the toy genie could grant you three additions to your collection, what would they be?

My top two would be a MIB Mad, Mad, Mad Scientist Laboratory:

And a mint unused SPP Creature-Wolfman wallet:

I had both of these as a kid. It's too difficult for me to choose a #3 above all others though. I have too many wants vying for that slot.

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

Wich2

God forbid, that the next life would be such that I should long for the cheap tchotchkes of this life!