Warpo's 12" Cthulhu Coming This Fall to Retail!

Started by Count_Zirock, February 11, 2015, 11:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count_Zirock

An Exclusive Look at Warpo's Gloriously Retro Cthulhu
First off, the four 3.75" originally part of the Kickstarter - The Deep One, The Professor, The Cultist, and the Spawn of Cthulhu - have been available to backers for a while now, but will now be available at hobby stores and comic shops across the US for $20 each.

The [Cthulhu] figure will cost $100 when it releases, details of which (as well as where you'll be able to get it) will be revealed on Monday during New York Toy fair. For now though, let's get our cult on and hail everyone's favourite Eldritch abomination. All together now: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Anton Phibes

I am having this figure. I stumbled across the four standard figures at my local comics shop. They were magnificent. Much more appealing than the ReActions. :angel:

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 13, 2015, 03:53:05 AM
I am having this figure. I stumbled across the four standard figures at my local comics shop. They were magnificent. Much more appealing than the ReActions. :angel:
I think they really get what made that time special, and also picked a great subject that allowed for a fairly open interpretation. Sure, there have been other Cthulhu and Lovecraft-inspired figures, but those were clearly aimed at adult collectors who were familiar with the subjects and stories. These could actually serve as an introduction to Lovecraft for people who have never read his work!

Anton Phibes

My cultist only has a staff accessory included. No mask or knife. You know wassup with that Count? Also: Mega Cthulhu is a pretty penny aint he? 100.00 is retail I hear. I still shall find a way. >:D

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 20, 2015, 05:53:54 PM
My cultist only has a staff accessory included. No mask or knife. You know wassup with that Count? Also: Mega Cthulhu is a pretty penny aint he? 100.00 is retail I hear. I still shall find a way. >:D
Contact Warpo customer service, Anton. I think their e-mail is info<at>warpo.com.
Yeah, that hundred bucks is going to be a big obstacle for me. I may have to skip it.

ravenloft

I got the Cthulhu and saw the others. I almost bought a cultist (which only had the staff accessory in all examples I saw) but at 20 each I just got the one.

Anton Phibes

Warpo customer service is helping me out. Cultist had a factory error causing some accessories to not get packed with figures. They will send you the mia pieces if you email them.

Count_Zirock

Quote from: ravenloft on February 24, 2015, 03:39:37 PM
I got the Cthulhu and saw the others. I almost bought a cultist (which only had the staff accessory in all examples I saw) but at 20 each I just got the one.
Technically, he's just a Spawn of Cthulhu. Cthulhu himself will be the 12" figure coming out in the autumn.

ravenloft

I looked at the same store last night and they had 3 green accessories in the cultist. My mistake.

Count_Zirock

Quote from: ravenloft on February 25, 2015, 05:27:58 PM
I looked at the same store last night and they had 3 green accessories in the cultist. My mistake.
Did you pick one up? My space is so limited (as are my funds) that I'm just getting the Spawn of Cthulhu, but I'd love to get a Deep One, too.

ravenloft

No at twenty bucks a pop I just got the cthulhu, the deep one didn't blow me away invoking a "meh" from me and the professor is just not needed. i almost pulled the trigger on a cultist as it is very cool but I have other priorities and don't whim purchase toys in that price range. I may pick one up when i have excess money burning a hole in my pocket but i doubt I will collect all four or the expensive giant figure. I will pick up the cthulhu bust bank from DST though that is bitchin and more in my price range.

Count_Zirock

If there's any way I can pull the trigger for the 12" Cthulhu, I will. Otherwise, I'll have to settle for the Spawn/Cthulhu and be happy. Maybe I'll luck out and EE will have a non-mint box eventually. That's how I got my Eleven Doctors 5" figures box set. They knocked $25 off the price for a few dings on the packaging.