Author Topic: Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea Toys  (Read 11775 times)

WnewCreatureFeatures

• Sergeant
Re: Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea Toys
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2014, 01:04:16 AM »
here is a pic of the 3 different Aurora Seaview Issues

The Top one is the first issue Seaview "long box" and like the scarce thin long box Aurora Frankenstein it was only issued for a short time and is quite scarce

The middle Seaview was the 2nd release of the first issue w/ smaller thicker box that is the standard Aurora Issue size

bottom Seaview was the Aurora reissue and last Seaview made by Aurora

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2014, 07:17:33 PM »
Here are scans of five of my Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea comics:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2014, 07:23:32 PM »
Beautiful comics!

All this VTTBOTSing has me watching the show DVDs again. Man, that's really a great show.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

WnewCreatureFeatures

• Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2014, 07:47:47 PM »
Very Cool Comics; I always liked the comic adaptions of popular 50s-60s TV shows , great covers

WnewCreatureFeatures

• Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2014, 07:48:55 PM »
Here's a flying sub paper model kit if anyone decides to make it post a pic here.

WnewCreatureFeatures

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2014, 07:49:48 PM »
Page 3

WnewCreatureFeatures

• Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2014, 07:50:33 PM »
Page 2

WnewCreatureFeatures

• Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2014, 07:51:20 PM »
Page 4

WnewCreatureFeatures

• Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2014, 07:53:55 PM »
Page 1

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2014, 10:40:26 PM »
Beautiful comics!

Very Cool Comics; I always liked the comic adaptions of popular 50s-60s TV shows , great covers

Well then here are scans of five more:

:)

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2015, 12:03:22 AM »
Remco Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea playset sells for $1,324.00 at eBay auction. This is the set from 1968 with the sperm whale and unpainted Hamilton Spider. Really nice set but the spider does have a missing antennae. The condition of the box is probably the main thing that drove the price up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stunning-Minty-Bright-Clean-Voyage-to-the-Bottom-of-the-Sea-Seaview-Remco-Set-/371236217232?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=t4utwoeQOQcsHbkbnnPjGJhmP%252BM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It's gone up a little since 1968.  ;D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2018, 11:54:18 AM »
Here are pictures of the gorgeous Remco Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Seaview Submarine Set that Hake's auctioned off in March 2016:

Including the buyer's prenium it fetched $879.18.

cl:)

Rex fury

• Corporal
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2018, 03:09:03 PM »
Hermès Press did a nice hardcover set reprinting all the old comics. The volumes contain commentary and pictures from the show. I never owned the toys as a kid, but I loved the show. It’s one that I’ll watch over and over ( like Sea Hunt)!
RF

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2020, 06:44:22 PM »
There was a VTTBOTS Appreciation thread, or so I thought. It didn't show on a search so I'll start another one here. Maybe the old thread got axed in the shakeup. Anyway, even though this first post is for a new custom set based on the old show, most VTTBOTS posts will be for vintage toys. And, yes, VTTBOTS was most definitely a monster show (at least after the 1st season) with monster toys.

This is a custom playset I won in an eBay auction. It's the Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea Super Fiftieth Anniversary Set (Clyde Childress, 2014). I made a playset box for it from a new comic book long box. Sheets of bubble wrap protect the contents when stored.

Clyde Childress is an excellent model maker, and he specializes in sci-fi and military vehicles. Write him at childress.clyde(*at*)yahoo.com.

Here are some replacement shots horrorhunter has provided for the ones Photobucket obscured:

:)

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2020, 04:57:03 PM »
I'm still amazed at how little that custom VTTBOTS playset sold for. I didn't have much money when it came up and threw a token bid at it about 90% sure I wouldn't win it...then, I did. You never know what something unusual will go for on eBay (especially a custom) and when you start at a low bid amount you take a big chance. Clyde Childress was a real standup guy about it, and he even had the COA printed for me after the set sold really cheaply. The vehicles and undersea base are made of wood with lights that work, and the detail on them is amazing. Honestly, the Seaview from that set should be worth multiples of what the set cost as expensive as genre collectibles are these days. Clyde also made the rocketships used in my custom Rocketship To Venus Playset, and those are wood too with working lights. He was proud of my praise for getting to add such great pieces to my collection and that seemed to make it very meaningful to him. Literally lightning-in-a-bottle purchases there. I was very fortunate.

Thanks for posting, Hep.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...