Ash vs. Evil Dead!

Started by zombiehorror, November 11, 2014, 01:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehorror

Starz is bringing Ash back from the dead...or so to speak, since he never died in the films.  Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell join forces yet again and this time it is on an actual Evil Dead project.  Picking up 30 years from Army of Darkness, Ash has tried to keep a low profile but a plaque of evil deadites threatens humanity so it's Ash to the rescue.

10 half hour episodes (5 hours of new Evil Dead) will be produced for the Starz network.

Count_Zirock

And, of course, I don't get Starz.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Wicked Lester

Quote from: Count_Zirock on November 12, 2014, 09:40:36 AM
And, of course, I don't get Starz.

Me either. Bummer. Hopefully it will see it's way to DVD.

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Wicked Lester on November 12, 2014, 11:34:21 PM
Me either. Bummer. Hopefully it will see its way to DVD.
Oh, most certainly! BRD, too.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

zombiehorror

Add me to the list of waiting for the dvd/Bluray release or maybe its Netflix/Hulu release.

josezombiekillr

I peed a little when I first heard this!
Just remember. There are such things.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

"Ray Santiago ("Touch," Meet the Fockers) will play the role of Pablo Simon Bolivar and Dana DeLorenzo (A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas) will play Kelly Maxwell in the STARZ original series "Ash vs Evil Dead." The series is the long-awaited follow-up to the classic horror film franchise The Evil Dead and is set to film on location in New Zealand this spring and premiere on STARZ in late 2015.

Pablo Simon Bolivar is an idealistic immigrant who becomes Ash's loyal sidekick – a Sancho Panza to Ash's Don Quixote.  Pablo believes in Ash's heroism even if Ash himself doesn't.

Kelly Maxwell is a moody wild child trying to outrun her past.  Reluctantly dragged into the fight against Evil with Ash and Pablo, Kelly finds a different kind of family with her fellow Deadite slayers."

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/70357

nospillblood

Add me to the "no Starz" club. Hopefully I can buy the episodes digitally when they come out.

zombiehorror

Lots of info on the show in this new interview with Rob Tapert, Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell; if you want to go into the show blind then don't read any of this!

http://www.blastr.com/2015-4-23/ash-vs-evil-dead-bruce-campbell-sam-raimi-rob-tapert-giving-sugar-fans

Gossamer

I don't have Starz but dying to see this show.  It has to hit DVD right? 

Groovy!!

Campbell's cameo was the best thing about the remake movie!

jimm

Now that it has premiered ... WOW anyone else on board?!

Anton Phibes

For those who dont have Starz(myself included)....download ADBlock Plus first....then go to couchtuner.com You can stream it free. Make sure your ad block, spyware blocks, virus protection are currently active and up to date or they will load you down with crap. Like most free streaming sites. 8)

Mord

I have STARZ, but didn't get a chance to watch it yet (taking care of hungry trick or treaters). The trailers seemed to have way too much cornball humor for my taste. I'll still give it a chance, though.