Renzi Car-- So it WAS released with the decal after all !!!

Started by mjaycox, October 13, 2014, 01:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raycastile

Raymond Castile

monsterjoe

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 14, 2014, 03:54:51 AM
Hey, wait a minute! Aren't you the guy that said "Does anyone know what the original packaging was for these cars?" a few pages back?
Yes I did..I was figuring someone else on this board new about the packaging and could spill the beans so to speak.

Hepcat

Huh? But why wait for someone else to do it? Tell us what you know.

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

freddie poe

Quote from: monsterjoe on November 14, 2014, 02:23:13 AM
For what it's worth guys those cars came in a cello wrapping....the sticker was on the cello wrap.
i agree with monster joe...

Ghost

Quote from: frankenstein73 on November 14, 2014, 07:02:34 AM
[url]http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=20260.30]http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=20260.30] [url]http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=20260.30[/url]

Hi Buddy!
Here's the post it was originally put in. about halfway down the page. The  general had blown up the individual ad and you could see the odd shape of the sticker if I remember correctly,  now his picture is gone...I saved it somewhere, just have to find where?

Mike Scott

Just click on the pic for the large view. I can't see any edges of the sticker. I does show the sticker on the car, but there's no way to tell if they were ever shipped out that way. Some times things change from ad to store. It's a mystery yet to be solved!  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

Quote from: monsterjoe on November 14, 2014, 01:47:17 PM
Yes I did..I was figuring someone else on this board new about the packaging and could spill the beans so to speak.

I'm still not sure whether you do, or don't know, for a fact, that the sticker was on the wrapper? It's all good either way, but I just wanted to know what it is you're saying. In other words, I'm confused!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

Quote from: Ghost on November 14, 2014, 03:58:29 PM

They might have just trimmed down the sticker and put it on the side of the car for the purpose of showing it in the ad. The surface of the car sides aren't flat and don't look like they were originally meant to accommodate a sticker. The sticker was probably on the packaging originally, whether it was a cello bag or header card. We agonize over details as collectors that ad guys didn't take as seriously for cheap toys back in '60s. They just got it done and moved on to the next. Us twisted monster collectors have elevated their status to high art. All of this is supposition on my part in regards to the Renzi Monster Car, but based on similar toys I saw/bought as a '60s Monster Kid and chased back down as a current Monster Kid.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

bigbud

Aw...the mystery continues. Let me say this....to gather both sets of black and white wheels in both large and small size it was necessary for me to purchase several Renzi large blowmold items. 2 of those Renzi items had stickers attached to them. My bet is the Renzi Monster Car did come with the sticker attached. The auction that started this conversation  clearly shows glue residue on one side of the car's door panel....also....when super-sizing the catalog ad which contained the Monster Car it is very visible that the decal molds over the protruding ridge on the car door...it is definitely stuck on. Plus consider this....the Renzi blowmold items that I have purchased, including the Monster Car are large. Some very large. And very cheap...originally. I just can't believe they were individually wrapped. It would be enough of a nightmare for a retailer to find space to display several Renzi items....but add to that having them wrapped? Not a picture I can believe in. I'm gonna be good with doing another decal with Mike's template in a rectangular shape and call it good enough....

frankenstein73

The car had sticker residue on it on the drivers side in the auction didn't it?  am I imagining that? The sticker had a sticky side. And looked just like a 60's sticker.
It was a cheap blowmold toy, made in the 60's... I'm sure they were real worried if the sticker would stay on the car. Probably not...
Its very obvious it isn't part of a header card, its a sticker. And I will believe the cello wrap statement when I see one, OK maybe two.
All evidence in my opinion points to the car ( at least at one point) was released with a sticker on it.....we have an advertisement showing one. An auction with one. But yes we also have  More cars without one than we can count, maybe they all fell off? Maybe the renzi company stopped putting them on after the initial release? Who knows...
Mirabile dictu,don't you agree?

frankenstein73

We must've posted at the same time buddy, i  should've just put. Yeah, what buddy said!  :laugh:
Mirabile dictu,don't you agree?

freddie poe

ill ask A (Anthony) J Renzi Jr. what he remembers if anything...?  next time i see him in Leominster area....

Hepcat

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 14, 2014, 07:25:54 PMThey might have just trimmed down the sticker and put it on the side of the car for the purpose of showing it in the ad. The surface of the car sides aren't flat and don't look like they were originally meant to accommodate a sticker. The sticker was probably on the packaging originally, whether it was a cello bag or header card. We agonize over details as collectors that ad guys didn't take as seriously for cheap toys back in '60s. They just got it done and moved on to the next. Us twisted monster collectors have elevated their status to high art. All of this is supposition on my part in regards to the Renzi Monster Car, but based on similar toys I saw/bought as a '60s Monster Kid and chased back down as a current Monster Kid.

Quote from: bigbud on November 14, 2014, 07:45:32 PM
Aw...the mystery continues. Let me say this....to gather both sets of black and white wheels in both large and small size it was necessary for me to purchase several Renzi large blowmold items. 2 of those Renzi items had stickers attached to them. My bet is the Renzi Monster Car did come with the sticker attached. The auction that started this conversation  clearly shows glue residue on one side of the car's door panel....also....when super-sizing the catalog ad which contained the Monster Car it is very visible that the decal molds over the protruding ridge on the car door...it is definitely stuck on. Plus consider this....the Renzi blowmold items that I have purchased, including the Monster Car are large. Some very large. And very cheap...originally. I just can't believe they were individually wrapped. It would be enough of a nightmare for a retailer to find space to display several Renzi items....but add to that having them wrapped? Not a picture I can believe in.

Quote from: frankenstein73 on November 14, 2014, 08:03:08 PM
The car had sticker residue on it on the drivers side in the auction didn't it?  am I imagining that? The sticker had a sticky side. And looked just like a 60's sticker.
It was a cheap blowmold toy, made in the 60's... I'm sure they were real worried if the sticker would stay on the car. Probably not...
Its very obvious it isn't part of a header card, its a sticker. And I will believe the cello wrap statement when I see one, OK maybe two.
All evidence in my opinion points to the car ( at least at one point) was released with a sticker on it.....we have an advertisement showing one. An auction with one. But yes we also have  More cars without one than we can count, maybe they all fell off? Maybe the renzi company stopped putting them on after the initial release? Who knows...

All interesting and valid points.

cl:)

Hepcat

Quote from: freddie poe on November 14, 2014, 09:08:22 PMill ask A (Anthony) J Renzi Jr. what he remembers if anything...?  next time i see him in Leominster area....

Yes, please do! And ask him whether he has any boxes of leftover Renzi Monster Mobiles to give away because they're just taking up valuable storage space.

;)

bigbud

What is so cool is that we have ourselves an example of the Monster Car Sticker. I made mine just on reg printer paper and cut it out. Any suggestions on where or how to get one made on real sticker material? Something I can do on my own computer printer?