Author Topic: Pumpkinhead  (Read 1099 times)

Dirtyhorse

• Sergeant
Pumpkinhead
« on: September 16, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 10:09:40 PM by Dirtyhorse »

Mord

• Sergeant
Re: Pumpkinhead
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 01:47:12 AM »
 At this point, what can be said about one of your killer pieces? Outstanding!

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 03:49:36 PM »
You're work is, without a doubt, some of the best to ever hit the hobby. In fact, in my opinion, it actually might be the best. At least probably the best that I have ever seen.

On a different note, have you ever thought about bringing your incredible talent to other mediums. For example, customizing action figures or repainting statues? For example, some customizers take an action figure and swap out heads and then do a full repaint. Sometimes, they sculpt different parts and then do a total repaint. Sometimes they just do a full repaint on an already existing figure.

Here is an example. I bought this custom Marvel Select Incredible Hulk awhile back. On the left is an example of the figure with the factory paint job. The repaint pic on the right shows a much more realistic Hulk. A new and well done paint job made a big difference.

thm

Dirtyhorse

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 08:49:40 PM »
Thanks THM. Really appreciate the feedback/compliments on my renderings. Yes, I do a lot of pre-painted statue "repaints" for clients as well custom work on action figures AND body painting for CONs and other events. I agree, though, custom paint work can transform a "ho hum" figure or statue into something amazing.

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 11:08:43 AM »

Hey! What happened to the pictures? Why don't you repost them properly?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Rogerbee

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 03:17:35 PM »

The curse of Photobucket strikes again! I think you have to pay to host pics like this on there now and any hosted before then end up like this till the account holder pays. The BIG problem with this was that a lot of people uploaded their prized pics to PB and didn't keep the originals, meaning they are either lost forever or are held to ransom like this. Needless to say, it cost them a lot of customers and they are not widely used for forum posts now.

This is a rather old post and it's possible that DH may not still have the original pics.

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 05:34:24 PM »
The curse of Photobucket strikes again! I think you have to pay to host pics like this on there now and any hosted before then end up like this till the account holder pays.

Precisely! Dirty Horse has to pay an annual fee to host his pics on Photobucket in order to repost them here. Since Dirty Horse is a pro builder and is using UMA specifically and only for advertising purposes, why has he been too parsimonious to pay the fee? He's content instead to leave hundreds of broken links messing up this board.

Like I say, if he were a casual poster just here to exchange info with other monster enthusiasts, I'd understand. But Dirty Horse is a pro using this board solely to generate business for himself.

C:)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:36:00 AM by Hepcat »

Rogerbee

• Corporal
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 04:45:53 AM »

I would imagine that he's changed hosts since then as pics are all available for his newer posts. This post is from 2014 and he may, as I previously said, not have the originals. Even if he did have them, it would take ages to go back through all his old posts to reinstate the pics. He can more than likely generate business from newer posts that do have all pics present and correct. Any google image search will clearly show that he wasn't the only one affected.

Just be thankful that he still does post and appreciate all the pics that do still load.

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 09:31:26 AM »
He can more than likely generate business from newer posts that do have all pics present and correct.

So it would appear. And generating business is clearly his only interest.

:-\
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 10:22:59 AM by Hepcat »

Kidagain

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 03:09:18 PM »
You are now able to modify your old pics if you have changed your hosting site. I've done that with a few of my older posts after Photobucket changed their rules.The Modify button is next to the Quote button on everyone's original post.

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 10:23:52 AM »
You are now able to modify your old pics if you have changed your hosting site. I've done that with a few of my older posts after Photobucket changed their rules.

Yay!

8)