Monster Trading Cards

Started by horrorhunter, August 09, 2014, 09:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bertges

My attention was drawn to the "It" card. I wonder if that's actually Crash Corrigan in the suit or someone else. I noticed that the infamous Corrigan chin/tongue isn't sticking out of the mouth. Could this be a publicity shot of Paul Blaisdell wearing the suit?
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Jim Bertges on May 15, 2020, 05:47:58 PM
Could this be a publicity shot of Paul Blaisdell wearing the suit?

Could be!  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

This is a monster sticker album sold in Venezuela probably in the '80s or '90s. It has 24 pages and 212 stickers and is complete. I took some pics of the covers and a few pages.

Front and Back Covers:

I bought this from an eBay seller 3 or 4 years ago. I also have a blank one and several unopened packs of stickers, but trying to complete one of these things is very difficult since you get so many dupes. That's why I bought one that was already completed. I really like the colorful, garish, yet creepy aesthetic of the thing. It's also fun trying to figure out what the artist was aping when he drew this stuff. I see images from monster movies, comic books, and monster magazines. There's even an image based on Webster, the mascot for one of my favorite monster mags Web Of Horror. Lots of superhero references too, Nova, Ms. Marvel, Hulk, Thor, Taskmaster, Human Torch, etc. I even see an image from one of the monster superballs, and another one from one of the Monster Magic Action trading cards of the '60s. Lotsa cool monster kid stuff here. I believe this album originated in Spain but finding one of those would be tough. Even this one doesn't show up very often anymore.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Great collection! I would love to get one of the Creature stickers!  :)
CREATURE FAN

Monsterscud

I have this album too, but mine isn't complete yet, I bought about 3 boxes of 200 packs of stickers each and still haven't completed the album, like you say you get so many dupes in them, I was going to order some more but I haven't seen them on Ebay for ages. Do you have many that you would be prepared to sell, of course all depends which ones you have. It's a fantastic album with really nice artwork.

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 16, 2020, 09:13:05 PM
This is a monster sticker album sold in Venezuela probably in the '80s or '90s. It has 24 pages and 212 stickers and is complete. I took some pics of the covers and a few pages.

Front and Back Covers:

I bought this from an eBay seller 3 or 4 years ago. I also have a blank one and several unopened packs of stickers, but trying to complete one of these things is very difficult since you get so many dupes. That's why I bought one that was already completed. I really like the colorful, garish, yet creepy aesthetic of the thing. It's also fun trying to figure out what the artist was aping when he drew this stuff. I see images from monster movies, comic books, and monster magazines. There's even an image based on Webster, the mascot for one of my favorite monster mags Web Of Horror. Lots of superhero references too, Nova, Ms. Marvel, Hulk, Thor, Taskmaster, Human Torch, etc. I even see an image from one of the monster superballs, and another one from one of the Monster Magic Action trading cards of the '60s. Lotsa cool monster kid stuff here. I believe this album originated in Spain but finding one of those would be tough. Even this one doesn't show up very often anymore.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsterscud on November 16, 2020, 10:36:07 PM
I bought about 3 boxes of 200 packs of stickers each

Do you have an extra Creature you want to sell?  :)
CREATURE FAN

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 16, 2020, 10:22:18 PM
Great collection! I would love to get one of the Creature stickers!  :)
I checked the open extra cards I have and no Creatures. I have a big brick of unopened packs with 200 cards but that has artwork on it and I want to keep it as is. Even if I opened every pack there's still no guarantee I'd find a Creature card. If I run across a Monstruos Creature card I'll send it to you, or send you a link to the listing, or whatever.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Quote from: Monsterscud on November 16, 2020, 10:36:07 PM
I have this album too, but mine isn't complete yet, I bought about 3 boxes of 200 packs of stickers each and still haven't completed the album, like you say you get so many dupes in them, I was going to order some more but I haven't seen them on Ebay for ages. Do you have many that you would be prepared to sell, of course all depends which ones you have. It's a fantastic album with really nice artwork.
Cool to find someone else here who has the album.

I have a small stack of about 30 extra loose cards. If you PM me a list of the ones you need I'll see if I have any of them and let you know about price and so forth. I have several unopened packs but I don't really want to sell those right now, and they may not complete the thing for you anyway. Just keep an eBay Saved Search for Monstruos cards and maybe more will pop up at some point.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 17, 2020, 12:19:43 AM
I checked the open extra cards I have and no Creatures.

Dern it!

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 17, 2020, 12:19:43 AM
If I run across a Monstruos Creature card I'll send it to you, or send you a link to the listing, or whatever.

Thanks!  :)
CREATURE FAN

Doh!

Love those stickers! The art reminds me of the Mars Attacks trading cards.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Doh! on November 17, 2020, 06:39:11 AM

🔫🛸🛸🛸
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

Quote from: Doh! on November 17, 2020, 06:39:11 AM
Yep, it has that aura about it. Actually I misidentified them as "stickers", they're really just cards. I have a few loose ones and there's no adhesive or nothing to peel off. Evidently they were intended to be glued into the album. The person who glued the ones in my album did a  good job, no excess glue or mess. So glad I grabbed this back then. Finding these at all has gotten tougher, but finding a completed one is a real challenge.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 17, 2020, 04:31:26 PM
Actually I misidentified them as "stickers", they're really just cards.

Thanks for clearing that up! I had heard them called stickers, before and assumed they were, given the nature of the album.
CREATURE FAN

Monsterscud

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 17, 2020, 12:25:58 AM
Cool to find someone else here who has the album.

I have a small stack of about 30 extra loose cards. If you PM me a list of the ones you need I'll see if I have any of them and let you know about price and so forth. I have several unopened packs but I don't really want to sell those right now, and they may not complete the thing for you anyway. Just keep an eBay Saved Search for Monstruos cards and maybe more will pop up at some point.

Thank you, I'll see which ones I need, after opening all 3 boxes of them I should imagine certain ones are more difficult to come across. Yes I'll do another search for them, haven't checked in awhile.

Monsterscud

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 16, 2020, 11:09:20 PM
Do you have an extra Creature you want to sell?  :)

I shall have a look for you, if I have I'll send it to you free of charge, Is there any others you like the look of?